Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Perdu Blade/Hayabusa and NIN75 EQ

Perdu Blade/Hayabusa

As the title says, I'm curious as to if this set-up works at 75 for occasional NINs. I'll be leveling my NIN to 75 and I know outside of Kikoku, the Senju/Perdu should be optimal but I was wondering since I won't be on NIN much, if Perdu/Busa would get the job done. Occasional EXP/Limit PTs, tanking simple shit and mainly fucking around.
    Would like to know on avg, vs Mamool/Birds/Imps/Flies, how much lower would my DPS and WS damage be compared to a Senju/Perdu NIN. Again, this will be mainly for fucking around as my 6th job to 75 but w/e, doesn't hurt to ask.

EQ I have on me from some other jobs that I plan on TPing with on NIN are:
    Walahra Turban
    Pcc
    Suppanomi
    Brutal Earring
    Dusk Gloves
    Rajas Ring
    Sniper's Ring
    Forager's Mantle
    Swift Belt
    Byakko's Haidate
    Sarutobi Kyahan

I own a Togi and I know it won't be so great for NIN but would it make a decent replacement for Hauby? Also, any info on Hauby vs Ninja Chainmail would be appreciated. I also own a Bomb core and Tiphia Sting but I'm sure the Bomblet is significantly better, yea?

Thanks-

Re: Perdu Blade/Hayabusa and NIN75 EQ

Senj is essentially free, why wouldnt you want one?

Mainly because it was a mission to get one for my gf and I didn't really want to go through the possible trouble and hassle if I can get around with another set-up.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You could "fuck around" in a lot less than you've stated above and be fine... but almost any combo of 6 jobs can each solo a scorpion in ODS for a Senju. Shouldn't be as much of a hassle as it was getting one for your gf if you know any decent players at all.

To answer your weapon question, you might be better off with Fudo/Perdu than Perdu/Hayabusa at any rate.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

To answer your weapon question, you might be better off with Fudo/Perdu than Perdu/Hayabusa at any rate.
    QFT

I own a Togi and I know it won't be so great for NIN but would it make a decent replacement for Hauby? Also, any info on Hauby vs Ninja Chainmail would be appreciated. I also own a Bomb core and Tiphia Sting but I'm sure the Bomblet is significantly better, yea?
    I don't have a Togi, but I do have Koga Chainmail, which is similar. The way I see it is that they're compromise pieces, at least in theory. Get the ACC/ATT bonuses of a Haub without the negative stats. In practice, the negative stats don't seem to matter too much in merit. At least, my parsed evasion percent was barely affected when I tried it on G. Colibri.
    Only time I usually use Koga in merit is in my high ACC set for Lurkers and the like, since that set has some +Eva as well (O. Hat).

That's not to say either are terrible, they're not much behind a Haub...but you'd want a Haub for WS anyway.

Ninja Chainmail is partly a personal preference thing from what I've observed. People have varying opinions on it. That being said...
    It's preferable if you have the ACC to support it. By that I mean if you can do ~90% ACC or higher while using it, it's a benefit to you. Below that, and you could just as well trade off for a 10+ ACC piece and likely raise your hit rate 5% or so. Plus whatever stats the ACC piece has on it.

I use AF+1 for TP with Sushi, Haub for TP with meat in merit (G. Colibri basically). It took a bit before I felt satisfied with my ACC rate using it though. I feel more that you will want to have Katana merits and such before defaulting to it, but again, opinions vary.

In that vein, I find the Bomblet to be preferable just due to trying to maintain ACC in a Haste/DW heavy NIN setup. But it could be situational, depending on camp/buffs/etc.

That pretty much answers my questions.
    Thanks again

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not to hijack the thread, but what exactly is all the hate for Koga Chainmail? I'm not a NIN, but I would thing the ACC/ATT bonus would make a decent TP piece since it lacks the negative stats and has comparable positive stats to Haub/+1 (and looks better imo).

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru
    Not to hijack the thread, but what exactly is all the hate for Koga Chainmail? I'm not a NIN, but I would thing the ACC/ATT bonus would make a decent TP piece since it lacks the negative stats and has comparable positive stats to Haub/+1 (and looks better imo).
    Jin mods are STR and DEX, if you're not going to buy one to TP in then you won't for WS?

I guess.

Plus, better Accuracy stats = can eat meat. Or something.

/shrug, I dunno, I wear mine full time, I'm of the 'refuse to wear AF1 body and look like a cookie cutter NIN like all the others who don't know how to play the job outside of merit' since it became the thing to do 2-3 yrs ago.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru
    It's not so much hate as a "it's nothing special" type thing. Haub is on par or better, and is common gear. STR/DEX in TP isn't a huge thing, but a Haub has enough to raise fSTR by 1 or so, at the very least, even if you set aside the DEX/crits thing. While you wouldn't TP in just the base stats, in the case of a Haub, you're TPing in about the same ACC/ATT as Koga Chainmail, plus STR and DEX.

Not like it's horrible, just, technically it's not quite as good is all. The negative evasion isn't great on a Haub, but at least from my parsing, it winds up meaning maybe 2% lower evasion rate compared to using Koga in an otherwise identical setup.

If the evasion matters, stop partying with brds that can't land elegy. Otherwise, put on your hauby+1 and enjoy the minimal increase to parse :3 If i was given a Koga Chainmail for no points without using dynamis lockout timers I'd probably toss it for space, maybe save it for the rare times I throw winds on NIN but then again war shinobi gi is better for that anyway @.@