Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Any way to fix this FFXI Install?

Well, my motherboard died a few weeks ago and I finally got a new motherboard/CPU/RAM. Replaced it all today, booted the computer up and it just continuously rebooted at the Windows XP loading screen even after doing a repair installation of XP. Didn't really wanna do a fresh install as I don't have my FFXI discs anymore nor did I want to lose all my other files. I pulled this HDD from an Emachines a while ago because it had a lot of shit on it I wanted to keep.. anyway, it gave me a recovery option when I booted up that would do a fresh install(emachines one.. with all this preinstalled shit) and save all my files to C:\Backup. It saved all my FFXI files there, I was wondering if there was any way I could get this computer to run it without the installation disks. Right now I'm copy/pasting the Playonline folder from C:\Backup to C:\Program Files but it's not going to have the registry files or anything so it's obviously not going to run. I read this post about moving FFXI from one PC to another but I couldn't copy those registry files because my motherboard was broken. Is there any way I can get this to work? Don't want to have to go pick up the game and install everything again.

Edit: Could I possibly have someone else export their registry files and send them to me, would that work? ;x

Re: Any way to fix this FFXI Install?

k so.. i got the game working, but i don't get an ffxi config in start so i can't use my gamepad won't let me set it up

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

seriously, you need to reinstall, a ghetto load like you are doing is the worst kind, you are hampering your systems performance significantly

well everything's working fine.. it pretty much is a reinstall, don't have the discs for ff though so did it like this. just can't get the controller to work, since there's no ffxi config in start menu.. is this normal when doing the ffxi copy from one computer to another? is there any way to setup the controller?

You sure you looked for PlayOnline in the start menu?

If not, the file for the config management should be located in:

Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    You sure you looked for PlayOnline in the start menu?

If not, the file for the config management should be located in:

Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS

I think.
    lol, did a search right before you posted that and found it.. got it working, thanks a lot though