Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Games Convention 2008     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level

Games Convention 2008

The Premiere Summit 2008 is close, so is the Games Convention 2008 in Germany/Leipzig.
    An Interview is not confirmed yet, but I do not have time to work on an Interview in the last minute.
    If the Interview is not happening I apologize and I will try my best that the questions will get answered in
    another way.

Any post not going by the rules will be deleted.
    If you want to change your questions edit your post and let me know.
    (You can for example make another post "Edited my post on page 3, question 1 and 3")

This Thread will have some rules. If too many people break the rules, we will consider a private/hidden section on this or another forum for the discussions and only invite people to this section.

Rule 1 : No stupid questions. (I should not have to explain what exactly stupid questions are.)
    No questions like this : "When can PUP get this and that", "When can BLU get this and that", "When can WHM get this and that?". This is not a demanding discussion like you can do with your parents "When can I get that cookie"

Rule 2 : Maximum 5 questions. Maximum 2 pictures.

Rule 3 : No flaming, no derailing. (no whut, no you suck, no your questions suck, no your retarded ect)

Rule 4 : No jokes about Square Enix employees. (no Ferrari red stuff, no Sage Sundi jokes, no xyz sucks stuff, no SE can s*** my d***, you get what I mean)

Rule 5 : Use this layout

Code:
    Question 1
    Text
    Question 2
    Text
    Question 3
    Text
    Question 4
    Text
    Question 5
    Text
    Question 1
    Text
    Question 2
    Text
    Question 3
    Text
    Question 4
    Text
    Question 5
    Text

Of course you can also use previous Interviews to ask questions. If you do, post a link to that Interview as well.
    Questions like "When will we see new avatars" are useless and won´t get asked. SE will release the Avatars when they are ready.
    Think about what your posting before you are posting it. Think about if the question can get an answer or if SE will dodge it.
    If you are not sure, feel free to post it.

Any complains or discussion about questions can go into another Thread. You will find this one here too, no worries.

Bercus

Old Merits
    BG Level

How do I make the "code" stuff work?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Question 1
    The ZNM update was great, however the pop items required to spawn Pandemonium Warden are very rare, do you guys plan to change the drop rate of the Pandemonium Warden pop items?

Question 2
    Question about Ballista, PvP is one of the aspect that FFXI is lacking, although it's really fun people tend to do other things because Ballista does not offer good enough incentives for the players. Is there any future plan to give us PvP-loving players more incentives that could be obtained through PvP?

Question 3
    Regarding Calling for Help function, can we have an option to disable "Call for help"? In zones like Salvage there's really no need for "Call for help" at all.

please edit for grammar error if you can find one, late night for me bound to do 1 or 2 mistakes

Question 1: As of recently utsusemi has become the one and only way of tanking in all endgame events. Even the development team in the Absolute Virtue video revolved around using PLD/NINs for utsusemi. Are there any plans on improving blood tanking to the point where WAR's and PLDs can tank without the help of relying on shadows?

Question 2: Ballista seems to be near dead on almost every server. Brenner goes unused for days and Ballista is used very seldomly. Are there any plans on adding additional gear and/or rewards to ballista as well as having a seperate server that links 3-4 servers for ballista?

Question 3: While the ZNM was a great introduction to FFXI gameplay the unguaranteed drop rate on the Hydra, Cerberus, and Khimera mobs for their pop item seems to be hitting the same brick wall that COP did with sea initially. Are there plans to make them 100% drop rate so that people can get them without having to go through all the tiers again?

Question 4: With all the updates Paladins keep getting it seems to be pushing Ninja more and more obsolete. A paladin or anyone really can sub job Ninja and have near the same exact benefit as a Ninja main. Are there any noticeable improvements coming to Ninja on the scale of what's been done to Paladin?

Question 5: Every expansion pack thus far has revolutionized party experience points in one way or another by introducing new camps and new bonuses. Rise of the Zilart had Sky weapons, Chains of Promathia had Uleguerand Range and the ever revolutionizing bibiki bay for it's time, and Treasures of Aht Urgan had it's many well introduced camps as well as a new feature that changed EXP forever known as Sanction experience points bonus. While Wings of the Goddess has tried to bring back exping on beastman it seems like no one will ever want to exp in any Wings of the Goddess zone past level 55 without some sort of experience points bonus. Are there any plans to add an experience bonus to Wings of the Goddess zones, perhaps at the cost of allied notes?

A. Body
    BG Level

Question 1
    What do you think the point of Chocobo Raising is? The way it's been treated make me wonder how the developers see it. The basic concept is obviously 'a pet mount', but I feel not enough emphasis is placed on the mount aspect. When you announced Chocobo Raising changes leading up to the June update, I expected something a lot more drastic. While price reductions were definitely welcome and the whistle cost change in particular was definitely needed, you really didn't go far enough. We don't simply want Raised Chocobos to be more economical, we want them to be in some way or another, superior to a Rental, otherwise the entire process is empty effort bearing no fruit. Chocobos aren't rented at a single location often enough to drive the prices to 400 on a regular basis, if at all. Even lowering the price to 250 would have been significantly better, since then at least you have something that's the same price as a rental, but 100% immune to rate increases. It'd be nice if you actually said one way or another how you feel about the actual result of the Chocobo Raising system. Whether you fear balance issues or you actually believe keeping Raised Chocobos inferior is fine. Personally, I believe Chocobo Raising is enough of a time & money sink that it would be perfectly reasonable to completely eliminate Whistle charge costs, significantly increase running speed, and make them summonable in Northlands (Xarcabard, et al.) without adding some detriment. If you're worried about people never using rented chocobos again, don't. People who haven't raised one will always rent, and if you're worried about people totally ignoring the Chocobo licence quest, leave the current whistle the way it is and add a new chocobo summoning item with the same stats, but with an infinite charge (1/1) and have a requirement for obtaining it be owning the licence. Most people don't raise them anymore because they don't see a point, please rectify this.

Question 2
    Parrying and Guarding still have an awful learning rate, especially when compared to evasion. Could you please allow these skills to gain skill-up points in situations where they might active, but don't (just like Evasion)?

Question 3
    What can we expect from the next expansion? Each one brings something new in terms of gameplay and story. Without giving away any details, what theme do you have in mind?

Question 4
    When is the other door to Colosseum going to open? The Zeni Notorious Monster (ZNM) system definitely has more people playing Pankration again, but it would be nice if there was even more of an incentive to play (with appropriate rewards, of course.)

Question 5
    Would it be possible to allow Pankration monsters be used as Beastmaster Pets?

Question 1
    What is the reason for the staggering number of Alexandrites (50,000) required for the Balrahn weapon quest? The Assault, Einherjar and Nyzul Isle portions present a worthy challenge, in addition to the various Aht Urhgan NMs, but the Salvage portion alone demands a far greater investment of time than even Dynamis relic weapons. Alexandrite drops are limited to machinery-type monsters and the items appear only in denominations of 1. Dynamis currency, by contrast, drops from hundreds of targets in Dynamis and the items appear in denominations of 1, 100 and 10,000. This disparity looks like a mistake.
    Alternate Question 1
    What hints, if any, could you share with the players to hasten the process of collecting 50,000 Alexandrites for the Balrahn weapon quest? There ought to be a special way to accumulate Alexandrites more quickly than the usual means, since smashing a handful of machines for an infrequent drop is too inefficient for the task at hand.
    Question 2
    Some pieces equipment enhance Job Abilities and Job Traits that appear in the Group 2 merit category. Can we expect more equipment with enhancements to merit JAs/JTs in the future?
    Question 3
    One of the great features of the ZNM system is shortened respawns of "???" NM pop targets. The development team was clever to set the respawn far less than the traditional 15-minute timer in anticipation of ZNM popularity, but sky and sea "???" targets remain at a 15-minute respawn timer despite the persisting popularity of these NMs. Are there any plans to lower the respawn timers of "???" targets in these areas, or all areas, to match the appeal of ZNM respawns?
    Question 4
    Obligatory Pandemonium Warden hint request.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Question 1
    Is SE working on something exclusive to the European players? NA and JP have the FanFestivals with assorted items inclusive to them, NA even could order the Piano Collections directly from SE. Will the European get exclusive chances at items, too, without having to compete against everybody else (ie the Fan Art contest)?
    Question 2
    Will we be able to raise a white Chocobo with on of the future updates? Preferably in such a way that only dedicated Chocobo raisers/racers will be able to have a go at it. The equip the racing NPCs on the circuit are wearing would be nice, too, could dispense one Speed Apple or similar per day.
    Question 3
    Is there any intention to do something else with victory points from Chocobo Circuit? I now have more than 1200 points, the equip the NPCs on the Chocobo Circuit are wearing would be nice, could dispense one Speed Apple or similar per day.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Question 1
    Requestable ToAU rings.

Question 2
    Nyzul tokens for Salvage.

Question 3
    When is this supposed DirectX upgrade coming? Can PC users expect any form of new features?

Question 4
    (Not really a question, more of a suggestion...) Remove the hood from Ixion Cloak, rename it to Ixion's robe, and make it Rare/Exclusive. You just made every HNM shell want to camp Ixion again.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I got a Mail saying that Square Enix will be at the GC2008, but not sure if the FFXI Team will be there. I will be informed if they are there though. Anyway keep your questions comming. If they are there I will be there, if they are not there I will probably still be there because I am sure I will somewhere find some people from last time .

Sagacious Sundi

Question 1
    Are there any plans to add more Imperial Standing battlefields?

Question 2
    Is there any way to predict where the Mad Bomber of the Bhaflau Remnants will appear?

Question 3
    Is there any plan to use seemingly useless items such as cactuar needles, doll gizmos, Nidhogg's scales, the Glory Crown, and the majority of Cardian cards?

Question 4
    Are the inactive strange apparatuses or Bahamut's avatar gate in Pso'Xja ever going to be used?

Question 5
    Is there any possibility that we will see quests or "Life in Vana'diel" articles revealing backstory for some of the stranger Notorious Monsters such as the Shijin of Tu'Lia, the Jailers of Al'Taieu, Gulool Ja Ja, and the Pandemonium Warden? Perhaps these can be used to guide players in the right direction regarding mysteries such as Absolute Virtue, the Almighty Apkallu, and the Pandemonium Warden?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Question 1:
    blm have for over 2 years now been stuck soloing from lvl50+. where as some jobs such as bst and pup(sometimes), jobs ment for soloing(so se said) can find a party before a blm can. the restis to skillchains was a nice start but really, no one in the game is willing to do that on exp mobs. can you tell us if there are any plans in the works to help blm along? and if not please think about it again.

(this can be changed to fit more then one job.as it stands smn and blm both get invited to pts almost always as healers now. why has se let this go on so long?)

Question 2:
    we saw when people tested WoTG that they had 80 slots of invo. are there plans to add the last 2 gob bag quests that seem to be planed? and if so when?

Question 3:
    WoTG has helped a lot of people when lfg, i myself love this. however the story seems to fall short in terms of how long it takes. i have done all 3 sets of quests and the main story line and that takes no longer then a days worth of work after each update. if asked what i liked the most in terms of the story line from the game, CoP wins out hands down. now yes most people think that CoP was to long and fights very hard, well this is true but i loved that. i think most people are willing to say ok to long and hard fights if you take away the lvl caps. thats the main part that keeps people doing CoP you have gear varying from lvl 30 to un-caped. please consider making more fights that have no lvl caps but are hard such as in CoP

question 4:
    no Outpost warp movalpolos. why? lol this always gets me mad... i think this is the one without the outpost warp. if not fix it to the right zone(s)

theres more but the CoP is a long one(that i dont see anyone else wanting but hay never know)

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

1. It has been mentioned in an earlier interview that additional stats can't be added to AF2s due to the 4 slots limit on each piece. Since people don't use/throw away most of the AF2s, would it be possible to just improve each piece by not adding stats, but changing existing ones to useful stats? (e.g. change INT to STR for melee AF2s)

2. SE has briefly mentioned the possibility of higher AF2 droprates in the outland areas and lower entry cost. Has this been confirmed?

3. I think ZNM was a great idea. It keeps my LS busy and we're happy with the way things are. My question is, does SE have plans to add existing NMs (e.g. fafnir/adamantoise/behemoth) to the ZNM system, that drop existing items (e.g. black belt items)?

4. Are there plans to add stats to glory crown or can I toss it? lol

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Question 1
    What kinds of
    new trends or play styles are you hoping will come from Wings of the Goddess?

Question 2
    Campaign is a lot of fun, but the mechanics of it all can be confusing. It is so vast and complex that it is very hard to deduce how it all works together. Would you be willing to make an announcement on the official website that makes a detailed explanation of Campaign? [More specific examples in the following questions.]

Question 3
    Players have been puzzled why some Campaign Ops become available when they do and why they seem to disappear just as quickly. Could you explain how Ops missions are made available?

Question 4
    On the campaign region map there is a small bar across the zones name (which is not the influence bars). The initial campaign information given did not explain what this bar is for. Could you explain what this bar displays?

Question 5
    Could you explain how level of morale is made to rise and fall?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Question 1
    Are there any plans to introduce a bonus for participating in an offensive campaign? I.E. Taking back an outpost or invading beastmen forts

Question 2
    Are there any plans to expand allied notes? Right now the only useful thing it provides is OP teleports.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now for my questions...

Question 1
    Recently you adjusted "spell lock" with Cure spells. When we mentioned this, cure was just an example of the much larger problem of any spell/ability animation causing this problem. Any possibility of removing it from everything?

Question 2
    When changing visible equipment, a player blinks out and anyone targeting them looses that target. Is there any possibility that this could be fixed? It is very frustrating for mages to have to retarget someone several times to cast a single spell.

Aldaris

edit delete

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Question 1
    In campaign, the number of supporting troops often create difficulties targeting enemies and campaign arbiters. An option similar to /ignorepet which would prevent targeting friendly campaign support NPCs would help immensely. Furthermore, campaign arbiters are difficult to target because F8 (target closest NPC) will only choose a green-named NPC if there are no white-named NPCs in range. Can anything be done to improve these targeting issues?

Question 2
    Macros are currently only saved when POL cleanly exits. This is good in many ways, but accidents happen and sometimes require a great deal of duplicate effort to rebuild those macros. Could we get something like a /savemacros command that works while logged in?

Question 3
    What is the purpose of the red progress bars on each zone in /cmap?

Question 4
    We know Absolute Virtue is incredibly difficult to defeat. We've been told everything we need to know to defeat it is in the video. We've heard Square Enix intends for large groups of people to team up to defeat it. Currently when Absolute Virtue pops, groups either die and let it despawn, or die and hold Absolute Virtue with low level sacrifices while preparing an alliance to attempt a fight. Please make Jailer of Love drop a trigger item instead, so we can pop and fight Absolute Virtue at our own convenience. And if it's the sadistic pleasure of making everyone who kills Jailer of Love die that you enjoy, you can find a way to still make that happen.

Question 5
    The new ZNM system is very nice, please relay copious amounts of praise to whoever thought of that. However, some people who would like to participate are unable to free up enough inventory space for cameras and soul plates. Would you consider adding a "photo album" item, like a bag for soul plates and soul reflectors?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Question 1
    Conserning BCNM/KSNMs: Is there a possibility to add to each BCNM/KSNM zone an NPC where you can trade seals in for orbs. It's realy time consumeing to run every time to jeuno and get a new orb for a run, you loose alot of time and thus need to set a new event time to make the other runs on another day. It would realy be very nice if We could burn 200-300 seals at once on a BCNM without haveing to wander around 3 hours to get orbs.

Question 2
    Why are PUP and COR left out on sea/sky equipment? Every job since ToAU release either can wear Homam gear, Nashira gear, or the Kirin/God set, However PUP and COR cant wear either of theese gear choices.
    Same goes for SCH and DNC the 2 new jobs. Its even worse, SCH and DNC cant even wear any Abjuration from Zilart Expansion or any Salvage armor, what is the thought of SE behind this of not giving SCH and DNC any gear choices from the endgame of the older expansions?

Question 3
    I like alot of Alliance/PT based BCNM fights, like Divine might, Apocalypse Night or Carbuncle Prime that have nice rewards, but were tough back at the time of release (well no so Apocalypse Night that one was rather easy). Is there an incentiv to release more of such quest based hard Alliance BCNM fights? Like one for ToAU where you fight all 5 Generals of Aht Urgan, or one where you fight all 3 ToaU bestman kings at once.

Question 4
    Even tough I like missions because of the story lines, I find the fights or BCNMs are too easy. Please add more BCNMs into mission storys that are challenging and hard like the CoP fights were.

Question 5
    Pls add Haste to the magic list of SCH. :D

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Question 1
    How much time a 18 men alliance should normally take to beat the monsters Absolute Virtue and Pandemonium Warden? Taking into consideration people's real life, wouldn't a 3h+ battle considered too long? Especially when you just fought another monster (JoL) for 1 hour, and spent another hour organizing the event.

Question 2
    Why limiting the spawn rate of Absolute Virtue (low % of spawning upon JoL death) and Pandemonium Warden (low % to get spawn item) to such level? Beside an handful of players willing to repeat the same unrewarding task, most linkshell simply give up to avoid seeing all their effort go to waste when there is other easier events that are more rewarding and less time consuming.

Question 3
    Is there any plan to change the objective that determine victory and defeat in a campaign battle? While Besieged had a great system where the players could make a difference in the outcome, campaign fight are often one sided and the result has little impact on anything.

Question 4
    One of the biggest time sink in this game consist of getting ready for your adventure. You have to walk forth and back from the auction house, to the moghouse, to the signet/sanction npc, to the warp npc..etc. It can often take more than 15 minutes to leave town. Is it possible to increase player movement speed in this scenario to give them more time to go on their adventure instead of getting ready for it?

Question 5
    Isn't it time to completetly outdate the "botted" HNM and give MNK a chance to get their items? As long as people can make millions off them selling abjuration, mnk items and money items, the botting issue won be solved.

[edit]
    5 questions is too short

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Question 1
    The Kokba Hostel and Mog house visiting content was great but lacking, instead of having to register or open mog houses; some players in their linkshells wish there was a personal like Guild or club house they could access from any mog house entrance with a key. Maybe a large fee for the shell holder to purchase for his members which then he will distribute a "Linkshell Key" to members so they can enter. Throw in the Jukebox NPC and a "shared linkshell Mog safe" for members to share items(non-exclusive of course) and monster spawn items for when others are offline. Any possible thought about something like this?

Question 2
    The rate and amount of release in content is understandable but annoying to some players. Most complete the new content like missions and quests in under 2 days. Like the release of the "Zeni" monster quests, will there be more lasting or longer filling content for Wings of the goddess? other then campaign which as of late as become dull, especially with the beastmen as strong as is.

Question 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane
    Conserning BCNM/KSNMs: Is there a possibility to add to each BCNM/KSNM zone an NPC where you can trade seals in for orbs. It's realy time consumeing to run every time to jeuno and get a new orb for a run, you loose alot of time and thus need to set a new event time to make the other runs on another day. It would realy be very nice if We could burn 200-300 seals at once on a BCNM without haveing to wander around 3 hours to get orbs.
    I agree.

Question 4
    Glory crown. Whats your plans with it besides being what some would call a useless trophy piece? The ring given with it seems to fall short as well of what we got from completing Rise of the Zilart and Chains of promathia and the "bonus" mission.

Question 5 (details in question thanks to Kaeko's post in another thread)
    Absolute Virtue. People actually DID find ways to kill it or mess with it... but they were all considered "glitches" so you patched them all. In fact, if you attempted those strategies back in the day, you could have been GM called on (actually has happened a lot). Not only is this mob considered not able to be killed by the player base anymore, if you attempt to think outside the box, you could get GM called on! The AV video given to us shows nothing considering from our perceptions of it... People still argue "there's something we're missing!"... OK, you have end game players from 4 or more different languages across the world analyzing the videos for weeks exhausting the most obscene ideas and no one can find anything. The video "is" a joke, a insult from you. Please stop beating around the bush and just say the secret, or accept the fact no one will care soon to even try anymore, leaving you with a lost creation, never to be killed. There are many ways to take down other monsters like Kirin. Pet fighting from beastmasters and summoners only, or 10 Monks using job abilities, and even kiting him with so overall damage from mages. Why do you punish those who thought outside of the box on something like Absolute Virtue? and what is the secret already?

Please use question 5 at least, if we nail them about it enough like that they might give more. </dream> ; ;