Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Mog bonanza and deflation: R U JAZZED?

Most likely a redundant topic, but are you pumped about buying behe hides for a third of their current values? I've noticed a dramatic drop in behemoth hides on Pande over the last month, sales are steady at 400k now when they were upwards of 700k a little over a month ago. Khroma has been consistent at 250-280k. I hope but seriously doubt khroma will drop in any dramatic fashion.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Re: Mog bonanza and deflation: R U JAZZED?

Definitely, but then again I'm biased for obvious reasons being a leathercrafter. Besides that, It'll also be nice to finally be able to synth a demon's harness and unicorn gear and not feel like I'm wasting a fuckton of gil.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

In before the shitstorm.

Prices on Fairy have dropped as well, but not nearly that bad. You do realize that while you're buying them cheap, the finished product is going to be selling for less, right? If you're looking to buy (NQ) Dusk, now's a good time to consider it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wonder if I should sell dusk gloves and feet+1 then @@

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dusk is flooded on Midgard atm. Ended up selling 7 pairs of gloves to friends for 300k a pop just to shift them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Boycotting dusk at the moment while rival JP synther just bought like 15 hides and put a +1 feet up on AH, going to watch them rot there for a while as he blows money relisting them.

There's no point, as a crafter, to buy now when they're going to drop even further. On Ifrit they've dropped 300k already, I anticipate 200k hides, if not lower, won't be worth even buying -> hq -> sell later imo, just grab them if you finally want your own +1's without going "Hm this could be 20m..."

I make fine money with all the other synths in leather, seems to be the trend as of late though to watch what I synth, bandwagon it once I sell a few HQs, and then flood it, so I've just been kinda crashing the entire T1 market in general, pushing all the other crafters back to dusk. Nothing like dropping Wise cap +1 from 450k to 200k in 2 sales.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Why is everyone saying buy them now? DON'T buy them now. Wait. After the drawing Behemoth hides will be like 80k~ lol.

assburgers
    BG Level

I see from 1600-3000 people on Carby at any time.

If each of them has just 2 mules, that's almost 5000-10000 characters that could have bought marbles.

Ignoring people getting duplicate numbers, and all that other shit, let's say 1 out of every 10 people with 10 marbles will get a rank 4 item.

*scrolls down the leathercraft materials list*

Behemoth Hide <963>

I'm probably one of the few that wants Behemoth Hides and other high-cost craft goods to plummet. At least those that have practically been around since the dawn of time, anyway. With the way SE continually goes with R/E gear often being the best solution in a given slot, doling out at least half a mil for temporary alternatives in today's deflation can be killer. Especially if you're not fortunate enough to just plain ding into said R/E stuff.

Ultimately, this will just be a temporary flood, though. Prices will likely climb back up unless things like Khroma and Behe hides are added with the NM lootpools.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

There aren´t only behe hides as rank 4s - it gets to the point where Damascus Ingot or even Khroma ores (very high sell/day ratio) could be worth picking.

assburgers
    BG Level

1000 Behemoth Hides brought in on a single day wouldn't be a temporary flood, I can't see any way that wouldn't completely saturate the market on those items for a long long time.

Either way, yay@cheap uni fashion gear!

Well, we still don't know how number placement will matter in terms of the winning numbers. 1000 is certainly being a bit dramatic, though even 50-75 would have some longterm effects of at least 2-3 months. Seeing how Hides are tied to endgame mobs (even though they're not the hardest of creatures), you can inevitably doubt they (being endgame shells) will try to jack prices back up eventually to compensate for their time.

On that note, I sold my dusk gear 2 weeks ago and decided to upgrade some RDM nuking pieces.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

As I'd been considering added Dusk Feet and Hands to my WAR this is a very welcome change to my wallet.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    There aren´t only behe hides as rank 4s - it gets to the point where Damascus Ingot or even Khroma ores (very high sell/day ratio) could be worth picking.
    So let's say Behe drops to Ingot prices, and as people are spamming ffxiah trying to determine it, you wind up with a split, and Hide/Ingot/Khroma all wind up in the 200k range.

Either way I'm happy, long since written off the cost of my dusk due to the use I've gotten from it, so I don't mind it's value crashing, glad I waited before working on the rest of my Uni fashion set though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I'm glad I sold my dusk hands/feet +1 at around their value before this was even announced or the price started dropping :D. 1000 behemoth hides (or like a year's supply) injected into the market in one day will destroy the price. Forever.

Banned.

BG Level

Nice, winners still not announced and there is topics like this...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by hotpiercedguy
    Why is everyone saying buy them now? DON'T buy them now. Wait. After the drawing Behemoth hides will be like 80k~ lol.
    The people telling you to buy them now clearly have alterior motives. Only someone that didn't understand the most basic premise of economics would buy them now.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Deflation is good, it just means I have more gil to spend when I win that 100mil!

Q_Q but seriously, I haven't crafted in so long due to deflation

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

lol, everyone is ganna go straight for the behe hides and it'll crash the market, only the smurt people will get the 100k or the uhh... If there is any other better items <_<

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Who cares if certain markets crash... what I want to know is if we're going to see overall deflation or inflation.

I can't make up my mind on how I think it's going to go... but I guess all it takes is one bunghole to redeem a rank 1 winning marble on a Kaiser Cuirass to keep the economy from replenishing itself once the winners are announced.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast