+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI Problem help me out     submit to reddit submit to twitter

FFXI Problem help me out

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y28...g?t=1212638565

Been getting this error and after uninstalling pol and ffxi + all expansions and reinstalling it still persists.

I tried not using windower and then the game decides to close out without giving me the error.

Anyone know a fix?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Re: FFXI Problem help me out

Did you go through and make sure everything was uninstalled? Make sure you do it through add/remove programs in windows, and check through the registry to make sure it's gone before reinstalling.

yeah I did all of that but I'm still getting the error unfortunately. Drivers are up to date and every thing. Its getting annoying sometimes the problem persists quite frequently

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Hmm, gonna need some more details then. Can you list the specs/OS of your computer? Also, does this happen only when you start up POL or when you're in the middle of the game too?

As of now I'm running on Windows 2000 with an old Nvidia Nforce2 Motherboard. a Geforce FX 5500 Videocard and an x86 AuthenticAMD~2171Mhz processor and like .75GBs of RAM DDR style.

Only happens when logged on game. Randomly and sometimes within minutes of each other.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Wow that's an old computer lol... I wonder if it's because you have so little RAM in it. Do you have a lot of stuff running in the background? Close as much as you can and see if that helps at all.

been running fine for years though. Dunno might just try to format HDD -_-

Formatted the HDD problem still persisting and sometimes i'm not even getting the error anymore its just closing out like it was on non windower mode. Does Windower 3.4 need a nice chunk of RAM? Could be the problem