Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shikigami Weapon     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Shikigami Weapon

SMN is 69 now and I need this guy still, question about how he pops after maint.

He spawns 21 hours after the servers come back up if I'm not mistaken, can someone clarify this for me?

Also, can nin/dnc solo him? full evasion/parry merits, but my evasion gear itself is lacking. Best friend IRL is a bard so I could just have him come out and lend a hand.

Thanks.

Re: Shikigami Weapon

You won't be able to pop him as nin/dnc. Go nin/rng for scan and bring your bard friend as brd/whm for the pull.

I fucked up pull 2boxing RDM/WHM and NIN/WAR a while ago, got RDM char killed before I could do anything to shikigami and had no problems soloing it on NIN/WAR. From this, I would assume NIN/DNC can solo it easily and NIN/mage can pop it themselves and solo it if you avoid links.

Started at 1067 HP, ended at 532. One whirl of rage landed with only one shadow up, and diaga got off a couple times. This was before windower crippled dualboxing so yay screenshots =3

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7...2085456ng5.jpg
    http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/884...2090559ol0.jpg
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/6...2091349xl2.jpg

Nothing spectacular for gear, obviously not a threat even on WAR sub, etc, good luck with your robe =o

Awesome, love fast replies. Good to know I can solo him, even with /war.

Can anyone fill me in on how he spawns after maintenance though? Is he up when the servers come online, or does he spawn 21 hours after the servers come up? If it's the latter, I'll have to afk for ToD monday while I'm working.

EDIT: Thorny, what's up with the combat skills sig? New character or something?

It's 21:00 to 21:15 after server up, or more realistically 20:30 to 21:00 after you can log on. Server is usually up for a bit before people can log on, so going at 21 hour mark it's easy to miss it and an extra 30 minutes on such a short window is worth it to get it right.

Edit: Old character got banned for calling feiwong ignorant in shout(previous offenses obviously, but wow at that being the 'final straw', it was literally the word ignorant because it was offensive), got Kazerin(mule) banned as well because it was on the same CC. My friend gave me a RDM char that I releveled NIN on, hence the retarded merits he already had and lack of skill =[ Not looking forward to leveling parry again, lol~

Cool, I'll just leave myself afk in Ro'maeve then and hope to get ToD, if not I'll just do some guesswork for Tuesday when I can get there(or watch for people gathering).

Shitty way to get banned, I called a GM on some guy that wouldn't stop harassing me once, GM just told me to blist him and get over it.

I'm bitter enough about it that I've called a GM about everything that was the least bit offensive that's been said around me by anyone but friends/ls since then.. I have yet to notice any of those people even be dragged to jail /= Feiwong is just.. Feiwong, he's too good at sucking GM dick.

No Pants, No Problem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I've soloed Shiki a few times as Nin/Rng so really any sub is going to work. If you're goin to solo just go nin/rng and have hojo and kurayami ready to claim when someone else pops it. It can stay yellow and then become just a war to get it claimed to either group.

The worst part about soloing Shiki is the fact he buffs himself son as he pops like any mage will. There is an Off chance Shiki will haste himself and well even with super evasion that can be concern for bad luck. Esp when he's Diaga happy.

Another key thing is decide where you want to fight him and camp that spot. Shiki has a random spawn pattern but knowing the key places to stand to claim helps a lot.

As for spawn time, it's 21:00-21:10 window. He also pops 21 hours after servers come up and you don't always know when that is.

Oh and it never hurts to store some TP before the claim if you gotta use a Jin to get claim off someone. Bringing an NPC will just further increase how easy this fight is. Paralyze is useless pretty much as it wears off quickly and hardly procs, but slow and blind are what keeps you alive.