BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Ixion discussion thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: Ixion discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Seigfried Of Pandy
    about 30 pages be4 QQ not too shabby. The HNM is fine, is it 3 kings? no. But is it better then anything we got from toau. Id say so.
    I think the HNM is awesome. I was just disappointed that the crafting item for boots didn't come from something I could low-man.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aztech
    In pursuit of our 4th kill last night, we noticed something odd was happening when Ixion had not popped more than 4 hours since the 21-hour mark. We started talking about it and developed a theory about campaign possibly affecting Ixion's pop conditions, and though there is still much left unanswered something was definitely caught onto. At the end of the proposed 21-24 hour window, there had been campaign battles going on in multiple areas for a very extended period of time (upwards of 60 minutes). Just as we were ready to give up, a battle ended in W. Saruta after 75 minutes of it going on, and Ixion popped on the dot of its closing, right in front of me in the already mentioned spawn point of (H-6). We made an effort to claim it at this point but were stopped by a straggler from another linkshell spooking it. A similar instance occurred twice more before we were able to claim; again Ixion popped on the dot of campaign ending in the various zones (Jugner and Grauberg).

The theory I'm proposing is that in addition to the 21-24 hour pop, Ixion preselects one of the zones to pop in, but can not pop there until a campaign battle has ended if one was going on at the time of its zone-switch or initial pop. Once a battle ends, Ixion appears in one of the places aforementioned in the topic. This condition should account for some of the large delays between pop sightings, no?

Interested to hear any input on this as well as any other accounts.
    This happened pretty much verbatim to us last night. Ixion was nearly 5 hours past 21, so we sent people to all the zones that seemed to have long campaign battles going on. Finally when the campaign battle ended in Ronfaure it popped, pretty much immediately. Unfortunately it got spooked off to a different zone; however, found it again in Grauberg about 10 mins later as campaign ended. I think you may be on to something.

Popped for us right after a windy campaign as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealkiller_Hades
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong
    within 6 months, i expect LSs to have an over stock of items just to maintain value, especially with its crazy high drop rates, screw u SE for making something that wont last long enough to be a memory
    God forbid you stop sucking cocks and let other people camp it.
    On hades, ill say this,
    1. there is NO serious competition, 2 ppl lookin for it with a group that might barely be able to hold it rdy doesnt count.
    2. Last i checked we are free to go after it as much as we want, that isnt sucking cock thats called a good way to make money
    3. Dont be mad that your ls has to EARN the claim...
    And that's why people hated players on JP connections before the claim system was changed. If this is your attitude, at least it means you have no room to complain about what the JPs did way back when, monopolizing HNMs even when they didn't need the items - just so no one else could have them or so they could sell the rare/ex.

It's really quite simple, when you're done with an HNM, stop camping it.
    I didnt care when the JPs did it, i did care when the RMT did it, you wanna sell for gil for an LS thats fine, but im not spending real money for something. My attitude isnt to stop ppl from getting the items, its to get paid for the work, if you go after this thing you know how much of a pain it is lol. So why not maintain some value to shews and capes for as long as you can lol.

On the topic of the campaign having an effect, i very firmly agree with that, we discussed that in ls while half the ls disregarded that as nonsense. It seems to be how it is seeing as in the first few days i would check a zone, move on to another zone, and someone would come in behind me a few min later and find it, and find it in a spot that i know i woulda seen on widescan when i checked.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Personally, I don't see the price of the cape being high for long at all since the NM pretty much pops everyday and the drop rate is relatively high. Been 5/5 here on Bismarck even. And if you are a blm in HNM shells that can beat him chances are you have Gleeman's cape already, same 5 INT just the initial mp a tad lower. :< Ixion cape still the best piece though, but not for 5mil.

Ya know, if a shell wants to monopolize the spawns, and then store the items on mules to "keep the prices high", I don't see a thing wrong with following them around and scaring off Ixion for a few hours at a time. Make them spend the time to get the inflated gil prices they want.

I have no problem with a shell continuing to kill him for Gil, but it's pretty asshole to try to corner the market and let shit rot for your greed. Sell it for what people will pay to sell 1 every 1-2 days average.

Kaeko
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but is it in any way possible to claim Ixion if another group just claimed and wipe? Or is this impossible and it hsa to depop and repop later to claim? We had ours scared off yesterday by competition and are looking for other ways to possibly claim.

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard
    Ya know, if a shell wants to monopolize the spawns, and then store the items on mules to "keep the prices high", I don't see a think wrong with following them around and scaring off Ixion for a few hours at a time. Make them spend the time to get the inflated gil prices they want.

I have no problem with a shell continuing to kill him for Gil, but it's pretty asshole to try to corner the market and let shit rot for your greed. Sell it for what people will pay to sell 1 every 1-2 days average.
    you are a prime example of why the economy is crap, living by the philosophy of under cut, under cut, under cut til an item is nearly worthless. If we could all be honest for a sec, you would do it to, im not talking about inflating cost, im talking about maintaining cost. Now yes you can be a douche bag and scare it off, but then you can also eat a temp ban for that, so the choice is really yours. You can accept that someone wants to maintain a price, or you can stop your crying, get ppl togethor and go kill it yourself... Dont cry because u wont even try...

As soon as the hate list is cleared, Ixion will flee.

However if you manage to get on the hate list before it is clear, he will not flee. So all you gotta do is cure the wiping ally once and it should come after you once they're all dead.

Dagger and Cape sold for 5m apiece overnight.

assburgers
    BG Level

It did kind of say that he showed up after a battle to investigate, and got spooked by rowdy people showing up afterwards.

I mean, they DID tell us this stuff in the teaser notes.

Ya know, if a shell wants to monopolize the spawns, and then store the items on mules to "keep the prices high", I don't see a think wrong with following them around and scaring off Ixion for a few hours at a time. Make them spend the time to get the inflated gil prices they want.

you are a prime example of why the economy is crap, living by the philosophy of under cut, under cut, under cut til an item is nearly worthless. If we could all be honest for a sec, you would do it to, im not talking about inflating cost, im talking about maintaining cost. Now yes you can be a douche bag and scare it off, but then you can also eat a temp ban for that, so the choice is really yours. You can accept that someone wants to maintain a price, or you can stop your crying, get ppl togethor and go kill it yourself... Dont cry because u wont even try...
    1. If you cannot sell 1 every other day, you are shortchanging yourself. I have no issue with right now, people charging a lot and getting a lot. If a month from now, you have 20-30 sitting on an alt and are selling 1 per week to keep the price high, you are 100% doing it out of spite/elitism. Hypothetically, if you sold 1 per week at 5mil, because most people wouldn't pay that much, you'd end up with less gil (but more items sitting on a mule) than if you sold 1 per day at 1mil. Your largest amount of gil will come from trying to get as much as you can at a rate of 1 per day average, if you get every kill. I am not trying to get you to sell them off cheap or undercut. I'm saying don't leave them on a mule for the sole purpose of "haha you can't have one unless you pay some shit retarded price."

2. Undercutting (in relation to the economy, not Ixion drops). Let's say I have 2 options. Option 1 is to not undercut, then get undercut 3 times (I mean after listing it 3 times). Each time I pay a 10k listing fee. Option 2 is to undercut 25k at the start. I end up better if I undercut at the start, ESPECIALLY if I plan to not ever sell the item again. That's what it comes down to. If you farm the item as a source of income. If so, for the long run, it is in your best interest not to undercut. If I plan to sell an item once, in my experience I end up with more gil in a shorter amount of time if I do undercut. Please tell me why I should give a rat's ass about you and your gil making scheme that plans to monopolize an item by leaving it on a mule, instead of caring about making the most I can where I can.

3. Being honest, I'm not some altruistic do-gooder, don't get me wrong. But at the same time, I do believe in some sort of moral code, even in a video game. I won't ever try to run a merit group (even if they are bad) out of a camp. If someone makes a mistake and bids on the wrong item on the AH and I get 10x the value of an item, I'll return the gil to the person. And I've been in a position where I could try to do what you suggest, but in another game, and I didn't. Why didn't I? Cause I realized that it actually wasn't beneficial to me in the long run, and it was asshole on top of that. As I said, get the most you can for it, but if/when you get to the point they are sitting on mules, you aren't doing the best for yourself, and you are being a complete asshole, and I would feel totally justified in attacking Ixion in front of you.

Quizno

I believe in elitism.

Your wall of txt was fun, i never did mention a retardedly high price, you assumed it. You aparently missed out on Econ entirely, and the point of undercutting being bad, you undercut and others do the same, if a price thats already reasonable is maintained, especially on items that ppl want, then it works out to your advantage, and sure you may suffer some slower sales for a higher price, but then again you cant really get it anywhere else, so the price will be at what the market is willing to pay. In your example why would anyone be dumb enough to maintain it at 5m if you can sell more at 3m and so forth, but i would expect the market to settle on a reasonable price and then maintain value there. I am sure you will reply with something about monopolizing and so forth and about how you would feel justified in scarring it off, and im sure you would not be playing for three days after, but then at least you would feel justified.

I will say this one last time, and this is not sarcasim, dont cry when you wont try to kill it yourself...

Ya know, if a shell wants to monopolize the spawns, and then store the items on mules to "keep the prices high", I don't see a thing wrong with following them around and scaring off Ixion for a few hours at a time. Make them spend the time to get the inflated gil prices they want.

I quoted my first post that you then responded to, so you could read it again.

Your wall of txt was fun, i never did mention a retardedly high price, you assumed it.
    I stated a hypothetical situation, that I felt was wrong; you then responded. Yes, in my first post I made that assumption - that YOU responded to. So you should live with my assumption, if you want to respond to it.

You aparently missed out on Econ entirely, and the point of undercutting being bad, you undercut and others do the same, if a price thats already reasonable is maintained, especially on items that ppl want, then it works out to your advantage, and sure you may suffer some slower sales for a higher price, but then again you cant really get it anywhere else, so the price will be at what the market is willing to pay.
    Yes, I missed the part of econ where if I tried to sell an item and it didn't sell in 3 days, that I lost 1% of the value of the item. If I don't sell it in 3 tries, I lose 3%. I see no reason to not undercut by 2% unless the item sells very very often or I plan to sell more of the same item in the future. I end up ahead by not losing my AH fee constantly. Again, this doesn't even apply to Ixion shit, but it does to your comment about people who undercut.

In your example why would anyone be dumb enough to maintain it at 5m if you can sell more at 3m and so forth, but i would expect the market to settle on a reasonable price and then maintain value there.
    Because they can be elitist pricks? Why would anyone camp and kill an HNM they needed nothing from with only R/E drops? Oh yea, they did that too. Good use of time sitting there.

I will say this one last time, and this is not sarcasim, dont cry when you wont try to kill it yourself...
    This has more to do with a shell being assholes than any drop. If people are gonna be assholes, I will return the favor. Period, end of story. You can think this has to do with Ixion, but it really doesn't. Oh, and a wall of text is a long paragraph with no caps or punctuation and a ton of misspelled words. Like your posts.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Your wall of txt was fun, i never did mention a retardedly high price, you assumed it. You aparently missed out on Econ entirely, and the point of undercutting being bad, you undercut and others do the same, if a price thats already reasonable is maintained, especially on items that ppl want, then it works out to your advantage, and sure you may suffer some slower sales for a higher price, but then again you cant really get it anywhere else, so the price will be at what the market is willing to pay. In your example why would anyone be dumb enough to maintain it at 5m if you can sell more at 3m and so forth, but i would expect the market to settle on a reasonable price and then maintain value there. I am sure you will reply with something about monopolizing and so forth and about how you would feel justified in scarring it off, and im sure you would not be playing for three days after, but then at least you would feel justified.

Quote Originally Posted by American Heritage Dictionary
    con·de·scen·sion Audio Help (k?n'd?-s?n'sh?n) Pronunciation Key
    n.

1. The act of condescending or an instance of it.
    2. Patronizingly superior behavior or attitude.
    Failure is right and you resort to this to make yourself feel right about a monopoly. Get over yourself.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Arguing over hypothetical future situations is kinda stupid.

Welcome to Hades.

Quote Originally Posted by American Heritage Dictionary
    con·de·scen·sion Audio Help (k?n'd?-s?n'sh?n) Pronunciation Key
    n.

1. The act of condescending or an instance of it.
    2. Patronizingly superior behavior or attitude.
    Failure is right and you resort to this to make yourself feel right about a monopoly. Get over yourself.
    The fact is, idc about a monopoly. I dont need to feel right about it, no one else is even trying to prevent it lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Maybe it was by luck but today was the first time we had all spawn points mentioned by wiki covered and it spawned to the second exact on the 22hr mark, so maybe windows are like kings.

[quote]When ToAU came out Sandworm only popped in starter-city zones and the Jeuno zones, then they added it to Meriph in the next patch (at least I'm pretty sure it wasn't in Meriph originally).[/qoute]

The first day WoTG came out (Im sure you meant that not ToAU) I went and got all the maws in which I did infact see the sandworm im Meriphataud Mountains

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast