Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 144 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

New ToAU NMs (Now with 100% more Pandemonium!) pg77

The NPCs (Ryo and Sanraku) are located in Whitegate, in Balrahn's way along the north wall on the bottom level (basically under where you get ISNM offers, just west of the PUP performance NPC).

So basically:

1) Speak to Sanraku and then Ryo

2) Get a soultrapper and plates (soultrapper 2000 works, as do high speed plates):

Soultrapper (2 jettons in the colliseum), Soul Plate x12 (2 jettons), Soultrapper 2000 (500 jettons), High Speed soul plate x12 (500 jettons).
    Exchange rate: imperial bronze piece = 1 jetton, imperial silver piece = 10 jettons, imperial mythril piece = 30 jettons, imperial gold piece = 200 jettons, you can also win jettons from matches.

3) Ryo will have 2 different options to find out what Sanraku is looking for, "Recommended fauna" and "Sanraku's interest". For me, "Recommended fauna" was khimaira, "Sanraku's interest" is diremites. This seems to be the same for all players on the server, and does not change with the vanadiel day.

**note: "Sanraku's interest" images apparently have a quota, and once he's reached this quote from trades from all adventurers he will change his interests to something else (sometimes in the same vanadiel day). You can still trade your already-taken pictures, you just wont get as many points. It's still unclear if "recommended fauna" has a quota.

4) Take a picture of the monster and bring it to Ryo, she'll tell you if it's a 'good shot' that's well framed etc and estimate it's worth. I received 50, 54, and 54 zeni appraisal for the 3 diremite pictures I traded in. Confirmed that lower monster health = more points, I got 72-73 points from a diremite at 10% health and similar things have been reported. Recommended fauna are thought to give significantly more points than "sanraku's interest".

5) Give the picture to Sanraku to add "zeni" to your account. Doing so for the first time will open up the following options:
    **There is a limit of 10 plates traded per vanadiel day, regardless of which category they come from.

Locating unique fauna:

Here's a visio of the NMs and their drops/key items/tiers. Credit goes to Lisander on this, great work:
    http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...agak/ZNM-1.png

Tier 1 Offers, cost for the pop item is ~1500 zeni depending on popularity

Vulpangue (Puk) - Spawned by trading Hellcage Butterfly to the ??? at D-10 in Wajaom Woodlands
    Drops: Vulpangue's Wing (100%, r/e), when traded to Sanraku gives the Maroon Seal key item
    Karura Hachigane, Sylphid Epee

Chamros (Colibri) - Spawned by trading Floral Nectar to the ??? at J-9 in Mamook
    Drops: Chamrosh's Beak (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Maroon Seal key item
    Erato's Cape, Dragoon's Earring

Cheese Horder Gigiroon (Qiqirn) - Spawned by trading Rodent Cheese to the ??? at F-9 on the main map in Alzadaal Ruins
    Drops: Gigiroon's Cape (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Maroon seal key item
    Armadillo Cuisses, Beast Slayer

Brass Borer (Wamouracampa) - Spawned by trading Shade Leaf to the ??? at I-7 in Mt. Zhayolm
    Drops: Brass Borer's Cocoon (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Cerise Seal key item
    Ritterhantzes, Lion Tamer

Claret (Slime) - Spawned by trading Pectin to the ??? at J-8 in Mt. Zhayolm
    Drops: Claret Globule (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Cerise Seal key item
    Kerykeion, Almah Torque

Ob (Automaton) - Spawned by trading Cog Lubricant to the ??? at G-7 on the Bhaflau Remnants map of Alzadaal Ruins
    Drops: Ob's Arm (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Cerise Seal key item
    Coiler, Attuner, Guignol Earring, other automaton attachments

Velionis (Skeleton) - Spawned by trading Golden Teeth to the ??? at G-11 in Arrapago Reef
    Drops: Velionis's Bone (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Pine Green Seal key item
    Corsair's Belt, White Joker

Lil' Apkallu (Apkallu) - Spawned by trading Greenling to the ??? at I-9 in Arrapago Reef
    Drops: Lil' Apkallu's Egg (100%, r/e), when traded gives the Pine Green seal key item
    Numerist Pumps, Hakke Habaki

Chigre (Chigoe) - Spawned by trading Spoilt Blood to the ??? at E-8 in Aydeewa Subterrane
    Drops: Chigre (item)(100%, r/e), when traded gives the Pine Green Seal key item
    Blood Ring, Insect Ring

6) Trading the rare/ex item received from defeating a tier 1 monster seems to open up 3 new offers per key item. It is unknown if these rare/ex drops have any other uses.
    **note: the key item 'seal' you receive IS expended when selecting a higher tier offer, so it appears you will have to redo monsters from the lower tiers to access higher tier offers again.

Tier 2 offers - cost for the pop item is ~2500 zeni depending on popularity

Maroon Seal
    Iriz Ima (marid) - Spawned by trading Senorita Pamama to the ??? at J-8 in Wajaom Woodlands.
    Drops: Iriz Ima's Hide (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Apple green seal key item
    Ferrara, Avocat Pigaches

Iriri Samariri (poroggo) - Spawned by trading Samariri Corpsehair to the ??? at F-7 in Mamook.
    Drops: Iriri Samariri's Hat (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Toad Mittens, Paddock Trousers

Lividroot Amooshah (ameretat) - Spawned by trading Oily Blood to the ??? at H-9 in Bhaflau Thickets.
    Drops: Amooshah's Tendril (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Reikyo Hairpin, Nobushi Kyahan

Cerise Seal
    Anantaboga (dragon/dahak? mob) - Spawned by trading Raw Buffalo to the E-6 in Mt. Zhayolm (on the island)
    Drops: Anantaboga's Heart (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Salmon Seal key item
    Trilling Dagger, Hacchonenbutsu Dangozashi

Reacton (bomb) - Spawned by trading Bone Charcoal to the ??? at <unknown>
    Drops: Reacton's Ashes (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Salmon Seal key item
    Reacton Arm, Magic Strap

Dextrose (flan) - Spawned by trading Granulated sugar to the ??? at J-6 in Halvung on the second map
    Drops: Dextrose's Blubber (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Salmon Seal key item
    Achilles' Spear, Ruby Seraweels

Pine Green Seal
    Zareehkl the Jubilant (Qutrub) - Spawned by trading Merrow No. 11 Molting to the ??? at I-10 in Arrapago Reef on the Staging Point map
    Drops: Zareehkl's Neckpiece (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Amber Seal key item
    Zareehkl's Jambiya, Zareehkl's Scythe

Verdelet (Imp) - Spawned by trading Mint Drop to the ??? at J-6 in Caedarva Mire on the first map
    Drops: Verdelet's Wing (100%, r/e), when traded in gives the
    Amber Seal key item
    Solitaire Cape, Muse Tariqah

Wulgaru (Acrolith) - Spawned by trading Opalus Gem to the ??? at G-6 in Alzadaal Ruins on the main map
    Drops: Wulgaru's Head (100%, r/e, when traded gives the
    Amber Seal key item
    Hissho Hachimaki, Riot Shield
    Having one of the seals from the above gives access to the following tier (corresponding to the 3 mobs matching the seal color above):

Tier 3 offers - cost for the pop item is ~3500 zeni depending on popularity

Apple green seal
    Armored Gears (Gears) - Spawned by trading Ferrite to the ??? at G/H-11 in Alzadaal Ruins on the main map.
    Drops: Armored Gears’s Fragment (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Charcoal Grey seal key item.
    Tomoe, Oracle's Gloves, Aurum Sabatons, Thunder Grip

Gotoh Zha the Remolent (Mamool) - Spawned by trading Sheep Botfly to the ??? at <unknown>
    Drops: Gotoh Zha’s Neckpiece (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Deep Purple seal key item
    Naglering, Enkidu's Mittens, Aurum Cuisses, Light Grip

Dea (Wivre) - Spawned by trading Olzhiryan Cactus to the ??? at F-7 in Bhaflau Thickets
    Drops: Dea's Horn (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Chestnut-colored seal key item
    Cletine, Enkidu's Subligar, Oracle's Pigaches, Dark Grip, Fire Grip

Salmon Seal
    Nosferatu (Vampyr) - Spawned by trading Pure Blood to the ??? at E-9/F-9 in Aydeewa Subteranne on the second map
    Drops: Nosferatu’s Claw (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Purplish-grey Seal key item
    Labrys, Aurum Gauntlets, Enkidu's Feet, Earth Grip, Dark Grip, Wind Grip

Khromasoul Bhurborlor (troll) - Spawned by trading Vinegar Pie to the ??? at H-8 in Mt. Zhayolm
    Drops: Bhurborlor’s Vambrace (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Gold-colored Seal key item
    Simba Buckler, Enkidu's Subligar, Oracle's Gloves, Dark Grip, Ice Grip

Achamoth (Wamoura) - Spawned by trading Rock Juice to the ??? at H-4 in Halvung on the first map
    Drops: Achamoth’s Antenna (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Copper-colored Seal key item
    Organics, Oracle's Braconi, Aurum Sabatons, Ice Grip

Amber Seal
    Mahjlaef the Paintorn (Soulflayer) - Spawned by trading Exorcism Treatise to the ??? at <unknown>
    Drops: Mahjlaef’s Staff (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Fallow-colored seal key item
    Legion Scutum, Oracle’s Braconi, Aurum Gauntlets, Fire Grip, Thunder Grip

Experimental Lamia (Lamia) - Spawned by trading Myrrh to the ??? at F-7 in Caedarva Mire on the Dvucca Isle map
    Drops: Experimental Lamia's Armband (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Taupe-colored seal key item
    Mekki Shakki, Enkidu Leggings, Aurum Cuisses, Water Grip

Nuhn (Orobon) - Spawned by trading Rose Scampi to the ??? at <unknown>
    Drops: Nuhn’s Esca (100%, r/e), when traded gives the
    Sienna-colored Seal key item
    Oninohocho, Oracle's Pigaches, Enkidu's Mittens, Wind Grip, Light Grip
    **note: current theory is that the tier 3 monsters, in addition to their trophies, can drop 0-2 of their unique weapons, 0-2 of the enkidu/aurum/oracles set pieces (excluding body and probably head), and 0-2 elemental grips. May be limited in number of drops.

Tier 4 offers - cost currently unknown
    **note: current theory is that all 3 tier 3 seals for a particular area/track are required to access that area's corresponding tier 4 offer. Since each tier 3 yields a different color seal, and tier1 and tier2 have the same color seal, it's likely the path to tier 4 is as follows: 3x tier1 -> 3x tier2 -> all 3 tier3s -> tier4 for that track.

Tinnin (Hydra) - Spawned by trading Monkey Wine to the ??? on the islet warped to from H-13 in Wajaom Woodlands
    Requires: Charcoal Grey seal, Deep Purple seal, and Chestnut-colored seal key items (may require salt for entry)
    Drops: Tinnin's Fang (not 100%), when traded gives the Lilac-colored Seal key item
    Alkalurops, Shusui, Oracle's Cap, Enkidu's Cap, Enkidu's Harness, Hachiryu Sune-Ate, Hydra Meat, Hydra Scale, Hydra Fang

Sarameya (Cerberus) - Spawned by trading Buffalo Corpse to the ??? on the islet warped to from I-10 in Mt. Zhayolm
    Requires: Purplish-grey Seal, Gold-colored Seal, and Copper-colored Seal key items (may require salt for entry)
    Drops: Sarameya’s Hide (not 100%), when traded gives the Bright Blue Seal key item
    Foolkiller, Pachipachio, Oracle's Cap, Oracle's Robe, Aurum Armet, Hachiryu Haidate, Cerberus Claw, Cerberus Meat, Cerberus Hide

Tyger (Khimaira) - Spawned by trading Singed Buffalo to the ??? on the islet warped to from H-6 in Caedarva Mire, on the Hediva Isle Map
    Requires: Fallow-colored seal, Taupe-colored seal, and Sienna-colored Seal key items (may require salt for entry)
    Drops: Tyger’s Tail (not 100%), when traded gives the Lavender-colored Seal key item
    Antares, Aurum Armet, Aurum Cuirass, Oracle's Cap, Enkidu's Cap, Hachiryu Kote, Khimaira Mane, Khimaira Tail, Khimaira Horn
    Tier 5 offers
    It is speculated there is a 5th tier beyond this, consisting of Pandemonium (Pandemonium Key). Current speculation is that the seals from trading all 3 of the tier 4 trophies in will open up this offer. Most likely requires the Lilac-colored Seal, Bright Blue Seal, and Lavender-colored Seal key items for entry. Is probably a Dvergr-type monster.

7) If you speak to Ryo again about "gaining access to inlets", she will mention the 3 engraved tablets in caedarva/wajaom/zhayolm.

Islet locations:
    Wajaom Woodlands H-13
    Mt. Zhayolm I-10
    Caedarva Mire (Hediva Isle, where you fight khim) H-6

Speak to Sanraku again to open up the dialogue option regarding inlets. He will offer to tell you about a specific islet for 500 zeni. He will give you a key item that allows you to warp to an instanced island mentioned above (ala ouryu), every participant in the battle/instance needs their own salt which is consumed upon entry.

**note: It's assumed that although you need 1 salt per person you only need 1 offer per person. The current theory is that the islands are only used for the 3 ToAU HNM copies (hydra/khim/cerb), with ???s for the other ZNMs located elsewhere in ToAU areas.

---

That's it for now. Currently unknown things:
    1) How do you access tier 4 offers?
    2) Where you fight the NMs?
    3) What determines what makes a "good shot" and nets more zeni? Direction, distance, etc?
    4) What do they drop? Is it 100? Is there a trade-in drop system like limbus/sea? Do the mobs drop their standard mob drops (cerb hides, soulflayer staves, etc)?
    5) Is there a quota for "Recommended fauna" plates before Ryo begins saying Sanraku wants something else?
    6) Are seals expended when selecting a higher tier offer?

ill try to keep this post updated with more info as people post it. Thanks to all who have been helping find out stuff about this.

Mod edit : Changed title to reflect recent discussion.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Re: New ToAU NMs (post findings here)

party fight? alliance fight? 1 man fight?

no way for me to find out, khim takes at least 24 hours to spawn post-maintenance

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

go go nyzul static.

but per what was posted below, we'll have to see if that works or not.

Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    go go nyzul static
    she specifically asked for a picture of the Khim in caedarva

I find it absolutely hilarious that they found a way to shoehorn the otherwise totally worthless pankration into the new NM system. I'm not complaining or anything; I just think it's damned funny.

I foresee a massive amount of people lagging HNM camps, God this is going to rock.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

god if anyone has those useless pictures stored on a mule (the ones people were trying to sell when it first came out) can make a shitload of money right now lol

Some of these mobs being asked for are Einherjar Bosses, Good luck not getting Kicked from your ls For timing out on Wing 3 becuase your taking photographs, I know my LS leader would flip and rightly so.. Amiri is a "Leader" in Nyzul Isle I believe.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Have you tried to say no, and see if you get different options, or say yes, and cancel it and get something else?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I wonder if FL Assault NM would be good enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Synbios
    Have you tried to say no, and see if you get different options, or say yes, and cancel it and get something else?
    there's no yes/no option, she just mentions what picture Ryo would like to see and then exits you to the menu of stuff you can talk about. I'll try talking to her again now that the vanadiel day has changed (and I've zoned) and see if she says something different.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i'm sure if it tells you that it wants a picture from a specific place, wouldnt that mean only that place would work lol? Any person taking photos at any event when they should be paying attention is asking to get grilled from a leader lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I was asked for a simple Qutrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    Quote Originally Posted by yrpaine
    go go nyzul static
    she specifically asked for a picture of the Khim in caedarva

I was asked for a picture of Hydra from Mamool Training Grounds

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I give it two weeks till we see RMT Soultrapper Bots flooding the HNM camps.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    So basically:

1) Speak to Ryo and then Sanraku
    2) Get a soultrapper and plates and take a picture of whatever monster she tells you to (she told me to take a picture of Khim, lol). I'm not sure how often the desired mob changes, or if it's different for each person, or what.
    3) Take a picture of the monster and bring it to Sanraku, she'll tell you if it's a 'good shot' that's well framed etc and estimate it's worth.
    4) Give the picture to Ryo, and assuming he likes it, get an offer to fight the corresponding mob type NM (needs confimration of course, locations for mobs unknown atm.
    Are you sure? I was under the impression that it was:

1) Speak to Sanraku and then Ryo
    2) Get a soultrapper and plates and take a picture of whatever monster she tells you to (she told me to take a picture of Khim, lol). I'm not sure how often the desired mob changes, or if it's different for each person, or what.
    3) Take a picture of the monster and bring it to Ryo, she'll tell you if it's a 'good shot' that's well framed etc and estimate it's worth.
    4) Give the picture to Sanraku, and assuming he likes it, get an offer to fight the corresponding mob type NM (needs confimration of course, locations for mobs unknown atm.

pretty sure Sanraku is the girl you deal with and Ryo is the dude who you eventually gives you the offer, but ill check again when I go look to see about getting a different mob

edit: I got them mixed up, you were right. I'll fix my original post, thanks

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Hope this system is easier than it sounds. Not liking it so far.

"want to fight this NM? Bring be back a picture of Taisaijin".

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Sanraku is the guy ryo is the girl