Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Re: Nyzul Relics require Runic Key (100 data wiped)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye
    A question for those who have successfully turned in a weapon--Since the Runic key is in temporary key items, do you lose that, too?
    Runic key is in permanent key items. I have runic key and toau complete, but no captain. I'll see if it's captain or just toau complete to get the quest in 40 mins when download is done.
    Ah, thanks. I haven't payed attention to where the nyzul key items are in ages, and lolwiki wrongly lists it in temporary.

Also, too much head-smashing-into-wall from the update. 1:10:00 left to go for me, and I need to have the other disc holder not clear the disc on the first run this time so I can get a weapon.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by aurik
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    A question for those who have successfully turned in a weapon--Since the Runic key is in temporary key items, do you lose that, too?
    Runic key is in permanent key items. I have runic key and toau complete, but no captain. I'll see if it's captain or just toau complete to get the quest in 40 mins when download is done.
    considering that the mnk weapon (for example) is statwise strictly inferior to another weapon added this patch (1 less damage, 45 more delay, no +10acc/3str/1da), I'd hope that they don't expect us to fulltime the weapon.

That, or the weaponskill is completely badass.

Also, has anyone confirmed you need the ichor item? I've only seen speculation of that.
    Pretty sure just speculation right now. Also remember this is just the first quest of two or three.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Runic Key and Runic Disc are both permanent key items.

Meh, answered above.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I'm hearing you have to kill all 3 toau leaders as well; Gurfurlor, medusa and Gulool Ja Ja. Any truth to this? I'm hoping you dont have to trade in the armor from them; Medusa's armlet etc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman
    I'm hearing you have to kill all 3 toau leaders as well; Gurfurlor, medusa and Gulool Ja Ja. Any truth to this? I'm hoping you dont have to trade in the armor from them; Medusa's armlet etc.
    by hearing you mean read first page of this thread?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Probably just need the title.

Maybe just the Runic Key and obtaining the weapon and killing the above NMs is sufficient for your first weapon, and if you want to get another weapon for other jobs you have to trade the balrahn eyepatch (and maybe medusa armlet, etc.)? I don't have the update finished so I can't look at the quest dialog.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

While that would sorta be neat for the rarity of the weapons... I don´t think SE would fuck you over that hard. The items not even 100% drop and ppl would camp the living hell outa the NMs cockblocking everyone else.

The requirments so far have all been friendly towards the fact that many people can accomplish them at the same time. Nyzul disk is maybe the exception but getting 6 ppl a key item will "only" take 120 days. (of course cockblocking salvage <.<)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

If you need the item they each drop also, I will lol so hard and at the same time give a bow for effectively creating one of the best time sinks/bottlenecks in the history of FFXI and most likely RPG's.

Banned.

BG Level

Captain, disc at lvl 41 here, the cutscene stopped when i'm required to bring a nyzul weapon, but maybe it was posted already so dont pay attention to this >.>

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lyramion
    While that would sorta be neat for the rarity of the weapons... I don´t think SE would fuck you over that hard. The items not even 100% drop and ppl would camp the living hell outa the NMs cockblocking everyone else.

The requirments so far have all been friendly towards the fact that many people can accomplish them at the same time. Nyzul disk is maybe the exception but getting 6 ppl a key item will "only" take 120 days. (of course cockblocking salvage <.<)
    You have too much faith that just because SE is no longer pushing you down the stairs and beating you up when it's dinner is cold, that it's not just waiting for a chance to suckerpunch you. Also let's not forget that cockblocking the TOUA kings is not hard at all and i'm sure the drama over LS's screwing each other over for weeks at a time will keep BG rolling for the next year.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You have too much faith that just because SE is no longer pushing you down the stairs and beating you up when it's dinner is cold, that it's not just waiting for a chance to suckerpunch you. Also let's not forget that cockblocking the TOUA kings is not hard at all and i'm sure the drama over LS's screwing each other over for weeks at a time will keep BG rolling for the next year.

Lets say... I only could WISH for naja to want the items... since I have all 3 sitting in my moglocker atm

Runic key is permanent.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by seiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Atreides
    If you do in fact need Balrahn's Eye Patch, 100k ampoules of ichor will take a long time to accumulate. .

right but most of the member will get them , compare to get enough currencies for 30+ relics.......

need to kill the 3 beastmen king? I just hope they wont be new HNMkings being camped by LS who want to "prevent other to get"
    They also only spawn during Besieged of the current wave right?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

nope they're always up except when they're advancing I think.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Unlike the current 3kings, the 3 beastkings are harder, have no real loot and are a pain to get to.

You have no reason to be there unless you need the title really.
    Its like cockblocking a quest NM - it makes no sense.

MaachaQ

You guys must have much better luck in Nyzul than my group... we keep getting crap like "White Magic Restrction" on a floor with "Specified Enemies" Flayers, and a WHM as the only mage...

My group has 2 discs at 81~ now, both soon to be 96 (we wanted to farm a few bodies, we've gotten so little gear on our climb so far). I'm sure the other discholder will wipe his disc first, so I'll be holding mine for a while... He's got a Stage 5 Dynamis Relic already, and he's just itching to get another relic ASAP...

We're working on normal assault towards Captain 1 day a week and Nyzul on another day (burning all 7 tags a week normally), but we have yet to do much Salvage... let alone the beastman kings... /sigh

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ
    You guys must have much better luck in Nyzul than my group... we keep getting crap like "White Magic Restriction" on a floor with "Specified Enemies" Flayers, and a WHM as the only mage...
    I have to give props to my group. We pulled some rly shitty floor combinations outa the shit.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by MaachaQ
    You guys must have much better luck in Nyzul than my group... we keep getting crap like "White Magic Restriction" on a floor with "Specified Enemies" Flayers, and a WHM as the only mage...
    I have to give props to my group. We pulled some rly shitty floor combinations outa the shit.
    Try Leader (Flan) + Do Not Kill Gears + Weapon Skill Restrict. All of that on Floor 19.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

We had a stretch of bad luck with

Kill all
    >>
    Ordered Lamps
    >>
    Kill all
    >>
    Ordered lamps (Avoid gears, with one lamp having 3 gears around it)
    >>
    Kill all

We ran out of time on the last floor.

As for the main topic, looks like a pain to get but it's relic! Hopefully the GKT won't have a reduced delay to screw with my fragile rajas-less TP build <.>

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast