Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

OP Warps and Nation Switching Post-Update

Has anyone tried switching nations and using OP warps? I switched from Windy to Sandy this morning and right after I tried to use an OP warp, and the guy said he couldn't teleport me anywhere. When I get home I'm gonna try switching back to Windy to see if I still have them there.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Re: OP Warps and Nation Switching Post-Update

it doesnt carry over, it just saves the OPs so that when u switch back to this allegiance u can use em again

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

They said you won't be able to use them from your new nation. You retain them once you switch back. I think this is more for people who want to do all the missions, not for people who want to permanently change.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

So many people think they carry over, I had to explain to at least 3 people that the wording meant that they're just saved in the nation you got the OP in.

Ashira

My big question on this is those people who did all three nations/allegiance changing before, if that information was retained somehow. Since before that info wasn't kept, if I switched back to Windy now, would I have all my OPs from before, or is this only applicable as a "from now on" standpoint, and only those who change allegiance after this update can switch back to nation they were at update time and have those OPs available? ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    My big question on this is those people who did all three nations/allegiance changing before, if that information was retained somehow. Since before that info wasn't kept, if I switched back to Windy now, would I have all my OPs from before, or is this only applicable as a "from now on" standpoint, and only those who change allegiance after this update can switch back to nation they were at update time and have those OPs available? ._.
    No. I had all but one OP in Sandy before I switched to Windy, but when I switched back to Sandy today, they were gone.

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by Foustian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashira
    No. I had all but one OP in Sandy before I switched to Windy, but when I switched back to Sandy today, they were gone.
    UGH.

They should probably clarify that somehow then. I had a feeling that would happen, they had no reason to keep the information before at all. :/

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So I swapped to last night, and had to log in and out 5 times before it zoned to the opening CS.

On the plus side, at least blowing through the early rank missions at 75 is ridiculous compared to 2003.

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've never changed allegience yet, but I was wondering if you have to re-attain Rank 5
    before being able to use the Airships again. I would think that wouldn't be the case, but
    clarification would be nice.

Thank You.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

No. The airship pass is a permanent key item, so once you have it, it's there forever. (unless you get it suspended from that smuggling quest.)

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Vandalhart
    I've never changed allegience yet, but I was wondering if you have to re-attain Rank 5
    before being able to use the Airships again. I would think that wouldn't be the case, but
    clarification would be nice.

Thank You.
    Since you already have an airship pass, when you attain rank 5 again for other nations, the archduke simply gives you gil.

Well they're halfway there. Now you don't lose them, they just need to let you keep them regardless of nation. It can be done, you can use the NPCs in the past in any city for sigil and teleport.

I mean it only took them 4 years to get nomad moogles in Mhaura. Even though it's too late and nobody cares anymore.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I wonder if this means they want more people to do all the rank missions, so they can finaly offer a reward for finishing them all. ^.^
    No, 300k gil is not enough of a reward! :P

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Well they're halfway there. Now you don't lose them, they just need to let you keep them regardless of nation. It can be done, you can use the NPCs in the past in any city for sigil and teleport."

But in practical terms, why would the people of Windurst care if you gave supplies to the Bastokan army? It makes perfect sense why it doesn't work like that (plus, it would make getting all 3 starter nations' OPs a joke).

Professional Pixel Pusher
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No. The airship pass is a permanent key item, so once you have it, it's there forever. (unless you get it suspended from that smuggling quest.)

Since you already have an airship pass, when you attain rank 5 again for other nations, the archduke simply gives you gil.
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up for me.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Note for anyone doing this: be prepared to spend 4-6 hours, depending on what jobs you have available to you for teleports getting back to rank 5 alone.