Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Campaign OP Adjustments     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Campaign OP Adjustments

They have made some recent adjustments to Campaign OP, Crimson Domino III at least. Preupdate the reward was 350exp 1,000 AN it is now 178exp and 510 AN.

If this has already been posted disregard.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Re: Campaign OP Adjustments

Are all of the new Campaign OPs for Wings rank only? I have yet to see any at 'Holyknight Emblem SSSS' but I had assumed it was because they were being hoarded, being new and all.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Someone in my linkshell said they added a stupid system to it. Basically every op is rated 1-5 stars, 3 stars being the 'normal' way preupdate.

1 star = 50% reward
    2 = 75%
    3 star = normal
    5 = 125%
    5 star = 150% reward

stars are given/taken based on how many people do the listed op. This + making campaign harder for people in the 50's = fucking useless.

ya i had been saving my tags for last 7 days thinking they might have made it better... they fucing gimped it to hell.... i was getting 1/2 as much as before AND the mobs are hard as hell now. 65 pup im hitting blm mobs for 0-8 = WTF!

se just majorly crapped out campaign for me, and it sucs because so much gear pup gets with AN and im only at 30k with 150k still needed....

A. Body
    BG Level

It's called contributing to the War Effort, you lazy trogs. I like getting exp out of Ops too, but I like my nation not getting its shit pushed in even more. I'd been spamming Steel Resolve I for weeks, and that gets the least base exp, but it's also needed in my country almost as much as resource ops. So now I'm rewarded even more for actually contributing to my country rather than just cashing in from it.

Starkiller
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I looked over all the 5 Star in demands and even with the EXP bonus they are only worth 200~ Exp. Compare this to the 340exp I was getting per op before and...

Well at least I won't feel bad for wasting op credits anymore when I forget to do them for a while.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by LD
    It's called contributing to the War Effort, you lazy trogs. I like getting exp out of Ops too, but I like my nation not getting its shit pushed in even more. I'd been spamming Steel Resolve I for weeks, and that gets the least base exp, but it's also needed in my country almost as much as resource ops. So now I'm rewarded even more for actually contributing to my country rather than just cashing in from it.
    I really wish having your nation do well meant something other than less AFKable campaigns.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You are a moron, putting nationalism into Xi Like that.

If they wanted to make it so that harder work equated to better reward, they could have by handing out the XP and AN when the op is turned in. This update just means that the campaign ops anyone can do are now only half as useful as they once where, while the pain in the ass one's still wont get done because the reward isn't congruent with the amount of effort put in. In other words, they took one of the most well received things about WoTG and fucked up the way the majority of the player based used it, idiots not withstanding.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila

If they wanted to make it so that harder work equated to better reward, they could have by handing out the XP and AN when the op is turned in. This update just means that the campaign ops anyone can do are now only half as useful as they once where, while the pain in the ass one's still wont get done because the reward isn't congruent with the amount of effort put in. In other words, they took one of the most well received things about WoTG and fucked up the way the majority of the player based used it, idiots not withstanding.
    He does have a point, as blunt as it may be. Campaign Ops are supposed to be to help our nations during the crystal war. One of the things that annoyed me before the March update was how unrewarding the supply ops were- the nation's resources are dwindling to like one star, but they didn't prioritize resource procurement over other things and the XP to time involved ratio was horrible.

But really, they should have kept the old base for 1 star and had the bonus apply to three stars or more.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wait wait wait

Campaign ops were well recieved?

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Touche.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

lol, considering campaign is the only thing that keeps people in the wotg areas they sure did a brilliant job of fucking it up! I gave up when I couldn't even break 1.2k for an hour long campaign battle against the quads with my blu, a campaign battle like that would have easily earned me 2500+ pre update. And thanks SE for making it seem like you cared about all the mid levels who waste 4-5 hours seeking everyday, fortifications were an awesome way to level mid level jobs while lfp, now I can't even hit the things for 1 fucking dmg with my dnc! total fucking fail on this part of the update! I say we cry moar and moar until they change it back and make it more appealing to waste our time on. Besieged has the right idea, give us exp, imperial standing and a reason to keep the astral candescense inside the city. If nobody goes to the past anymore, big shit... nothing will change.

Bring back my cod damn campaign! released all this new armor and now I only get 1/4 of the notes I used to now, how the fuck am I suppose to build up 75,000 allied notes for other nation gear now?

I loved campaign ops....for my lv36 pup.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I miss my 240 exp from Streetsweeper III spam. Now I get 56... :/

I used to always spam Iron Anvil III not anymore now they are currently 1star at the moment. I have discovered a new Ops that I enjoy called Deep Cover III which is currently 3stars and I got 374 exp for completing that. Take 3 pictures of T-VT Yagudo and then go back and trade the plates to the NPC. Also, because quest doesn't end until you trade the plates, you have time to swap to w/e job you want the exp on. 8)

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    I miss my 240 exp from Streetsweeper III spam. Now I get 56... :/
    WAT

gdi..
    now how will I lvl THF

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The change are nice on BLM, I can get a lot more xp than I was before sleeping and nuking. Havent tried mele jobs yet, but mage got a decent boost.

A. Body
    BG Level

You are a moron, putting nationalism into Xi Like that. :thatguy:

Far be it for me to critique the view points of others, but the only Ops that absolutely force you to be on a high lvl job to collect your reward are probably Search and Seizure, Delta Strike, and the Campaign Battle Ops (and those last ones can technically be done on any job, it just takes longer.) Since those were never really the spammable ones, I don't see how this prevents anyone from doing what they did before.

Since there's not always going to be a distinction between the 'easy ones' and the 'needed ones' (if there's even one to begin with), I don't see how this really changes anything except keeping people from doing only one Op, which is what should be done. At one point after the update, Crimson Domino III was at 3 stars in my nation, so it would give about as much as it used to. That's the one I spammed for exp before the March update. The synth Ops were lower, but they give practically the same exp and I could never memorize that shit anyway. Steel Resolve II, which is not only always important, but is a mini game I actually enjoy, is currently at 5 stars, meaning I could get an amount of exp matching or exceeding what I would with one of the more idiot-proof Ops (e.g. Crimson Domino). Not only can it be done by any job that can run up to a stronghold, but odds are good #3 will pop soon, creating a useful Op that gives a decent amount of exp for the effort (though it is significantly more difficult).

Campaign is an ever changing thing, so it's not as if any current trends are set in stone. No one did the BC Ops before because they all require more than one person, so nothing is really going to change there since there are more than enough 3+ Ops that are single player (though, technically it should, since those give a greater amount of exp if only one person does it at a time.) Seeing this as some sort of nerf is inflexible, childish, and short-sighted, if you really look through the ops, there's no reason you shouldn't still get a good amount of exp. The ones you liked will be needed again eventually and in the mean time, you should really try to find some that have the best effort/reward ratio.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seeing this as some sort of nerf is inflexible, childish, and short-sighted, if you really look through the ops, there's no reason you shouldn't still get a good amount of exp.
    Yes there is, it used to take me 30 minutes of Iron Anvil III to blow 7 tags on shitty jobs that I dont want to put the time and effort to gear up and deal with retards. (I'm looking at you BST/SMN). Now I have to check to see which ops are gimped, if there are even any I can do on said job, and research it if I'm not familiar with it. Are there other ops out there that can be done? Yes. Are they all going to 1 star because of this? This is SE, so it potentially could happen.

It's fine and dandy that they wanted to discourage everyone from doing the same one's over and over, penalizing people for doing missions that others have done is re-fucking-tarded. Imagine if assault went to this system, and you got 250 AP for golden salvage the first time you did it because everyone and their mom spamed it that morning. Yes there's a difference because AP is used for salvage, but who's to say that AN wont be used for something similar in the future?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This system is pretty fucking retarded. Just give a bonus for doing ops that nobody does instead and problem solved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast