Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Signboard boost changed??     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level

Ice needs to be dominant, even if by one point.You can have all sorts of other elements as long as ice stays dominant.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hello,

I tried to use the new blue 9D almira to strenghten my Ice element in order to keep the leathercraft key item while increasing my storage, badly needed at this point...
    I get a brand new.... Ice mogenhancement...
    What can I do? the only other items with Ice which would allow me to keep the leathercraft keyitem are all 1-2 in str, while all the real storage items are at least 10-20 str... not really convenient to say the least.
    Does anybody have some idea how to solve that?
    at the moment I dont craft much, but when I will want to craft im sure my storage will be so full that I wont even be able to withdraw the furniture

Thanks for your help.

Flatliner

To Kaika:

Try using the 6D Blue Almirahs, they are each 1 aura strength less than the guild items(I've test this for woodworking, so I assuming its the same for others.) They are 1 less inventory space but still a lot better than anything else out there I'm pretty sure.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Perfect, I will do just that ^^
    Thanks a lot !

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo666 View Post
    Sorry if this has been answered in here, but reading all this made me confused. If I want to keep my Moghancement for Leather, I need more ice energy than earth? That way the ice from my guild items would overpower the earth from furniture?

Edit: Got it back but now I'm at Ice energy. I don't think that matters since its only faint.
    I've read this topic over a few times, and read moghancement stuff on wiki but im still a bit confused. I have Moghancement ice, does that mean moghancement leathercraft is kicking in, or do I need specific moghancement leathercraft skill?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    I've read this topic over a few times, and read moghancement stuff on wiki but im still a bit confused. I have Moghancement ice, does that mean moghancement leathercraft is kicking in, or do I need specific moghancement leathercraft skill?
    When you have it right, it will specifically say "Moghancement: Leathercraft". If you have a Golden Fleece up, then what's happening is that you have some furnishing with ice strength 9 or higher that's interfering.

Ties will nullify the moghancement. The fleece must be the UNCONTESTED strongest single item.

If you're using a 9-drawer almirah, that has strength 9, and so it will cancel your Moghancement. You'd want a 6-drawer almirah (which has strength 8.)

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr View Post
    When you have it right, it will specifically say "Moghancement: Leathercraft". If you have a Golden Fleece up, then what's happening is that you have some furnishing with ice strength 9 or higher that's interfering.

Ties will nullify the moghancement. The fleece must be the UNCONTESTED strongest single item.

If you're using a 9-drawer almirah, that has strength 9, and so it will cancel your Moghancement. You'd want a 6-drawer almirah (which has strength 8.)
    Thanks for that explanation, now I have even more incorrect furniture to re-sell lol.

New Merits
    BG Level

OR... you could get the signboard!

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nashreen View Post
    OR... you could get the signboard!
    lol no thanks... I have gloves, body, golden fleece, nq ring, leather ensorcerment, and tanning vat thing, I'm DONE with GP points. I may do glasses in cloth just to have them, but damn I'm not going to miss running my ass to sandy every day. Thank god for GP's being done for now.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

But the sign looks neat!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Based on the responses I'm assuming that the signboards dont give +1 skill like the other furniture? Has this already been tested/proven/debunk/etc?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Valisk View Post
    Based on the responses I'm assuming that the signboards dont give +1 skill like the other furniture? Has this already been tested/proven/debunk/etc?
    Signboard + Furnishing gives +1 skill and reduces loss of materials on failed synths.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The signboard will give you Moghancement: Craft until you get the other furniture, then it will change to Moglification: Craft - if that answers your question.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

But for Fishers, which there aren't many, the Fishing Hole Map can be replaced by "The Big One". When The Big One is put in MH with Fishing Sign, it will give moglification.

As for me, I currently have The Big One, Aura strength of 5 and gives Fishing Skill, would it be best for me to combine it with some Water Barrels that give water moghancement, but has an aura strength of 4?

Would putting Water Barrels, even like ten of them, in my MH with "The Big One" keep my moghancement fishing skill??

New Merits
    BG Level

I'm thinking about something, since Furniture and 9D Almirahs have the same aura, wasn't there a trick for that you could use to choose which will kick in? I think if you remove both and place Furniture again after almirah, then the skill moghancement should override the other one? Does that still work?

Cookiez n Leechez
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by JoaquimFenrir View Post
    But for Fishers, which there aren't many, the Fishing Hole Map can be replaced by "The Big One". When The Big One is put in MH with Fishing Sign, it will give moglification.

As for me, I currently have The Big One, Aura strength of 5 and gives Fishing Skill, would it be best for me to combine it with some Water Barrels that give water moghancement, but has an aura strength of 4?

Would putting Water Barrels, even like ten of them, in my MH with "The Big One" keep my moghancement fishing skill??
    Could fill your entire moghouse with water barrels if you wanted to and still keep the fishing skill.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I believe the best answer from what I have seen without spending TOO much gil is the colo(u)red almriahs or w/e they are called, there are ones for most elements and they have a good chunk of storage and less elemental strength than the crafting furniture.

New Merits
    BG Level

Shame they don't exist for all elements, though. Purple almirah where are you....