+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Signboard boost changed??     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Signboard boost changed??

I am getting a crappy "Earth Crystal" support from my woodworking signboard now... I also have the drawing desk in my room. Before the patch it was moglification.

Taking it away, I get Gardening, probably from the Bahut I have.

Anyone else have this issue?

Add: I don't have any room to test at the moment, but Bahut overwriting effect of Drawing Desk may have messed up the moglification.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Re: Signboard boost changed??

I got the same, my moglification was overwritten by Moghancement: Earth.

Bahuts have been changed. They now have 10 aura which makes them completely unusable for crafters :/ Pity, I liked the way it looked in my MH.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Also bookshelf and cartonierre (sp) have both been changed. They are now overwrite Moghancement/moglification depending on how many you have in your MH.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Such irony that the ones who need the most space (crafters) can't use the furniture with the most storage (of the same element) without using a number of other furniture to suppress the elemental strength.

Hopefully a single bookshelf can solve my issue...Then I'll need to look for other earth furniture for overwhelming earth again...orz...

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

pretty sure i have 2 bookshelves now and a few cupboards. Maybe only 1 bookshelf but i know i still have moglification with some in there.

Naver

Tell me exactly which furniture you have in your mog house Tymora and I can probably help you out. As for Bahut, the elemental strength has changed to either 9 or 10, I'm leaning towards 10 though because I got Mogen: Gardening as well, but I don't have the Weaver's Signboard.

If you're interested in my hypothetical layout, check out the BG link here.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I had the same problem. I replaced the 3 Bahuts I had with a single bookshelf and got my moglification back.

I thought aura strength would be proportional to the amount of storage given but apparently not. >_>

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Ok, i'm kind of confused...I did have Moglification: Clothcraft last time i checked, haven't made any changes and it's now Moglification: Gardening...J/w did this happen recently? I've had 0 luck on any Prism Capes over the last 2 weeks...please tell me it's not because they're T0 >.<...

And, how do i rectify this? Remove all Bahut's and use what instead?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same thing happened to me. Didn't change a thing and after update, my mogenhancement went from clothcraft to gardening. I had to rearrange my whole MH till I found out it was indeed the Bahut. Remove it, it is nothing but trouble for crafters now.

Yeah Bahut's are bad for us now, got rid of mine and got a bookshelf and dresser, 35 storage space and still have my enhancement now.

Goldberg

Bonecraft moglification now gone ><; took me ages to get mine that way ;;

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I thought aura strength would be proportional to the amount of storage given but apparently not. >_>
    Still is I think. More or less. You won't see Bookshelf's effect because you have more earth.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

to answer Eldelphia question (quote dont work). Both GP furnishings dont beet bahuts now, you have to remove all of them.

got my signboard finally last week, i haven't noticed much of a diffrerence yet

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I have a bahut in MH and nothing changed after the update, I still have my moglification.

I have mannequins in my mh which have light, the same as my signboard, so im guessing the light element is still stronger than the bahuts thus keeping my moglification? Since my total light element outbalances the total earth.

New Merits
    BG Level

If Bahut indeed became 10 having the Signboard will keep your moglification (if it doesn't, IIRC placing the signboard again would do the trick).

Meaning the signboard actually has an use now? ;(

I'm glad for the extra furniture, but geez, what's with boosting only Earth/Fire/Water element furniture? Oh wait, they did raise one Ice furniture: the sky pot........ Thank you SE!
    I guess I'll just have to give up on gardening. I've put my old almirahs back for the time being. But way to go and break the furniture market even worse, SE, and ignore the only population who actually cares about furniture: us crafters...

Naver

Quote Originally Posted by filipo
    I have a bahut in MH and nothing changed after the update, I still have my moglification.

I have mannequins in my mh which have light, the same as my signboard, so im guessing the light element is still stronger than the bahuts thus keeping my moglification? Since my total light element outbalances the total earth.
    Depending on how many mannequins vs bahuts you have, I'm guessing you have 8 mannequins and 3-4 bahuts to max your storage. With your light elemental aura signboard your light aura in your mog house will supersede the weaker earth aura from the bahuts, thus giving you your Moglification.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashreen
    If Bahut indeed became 10 having the Signboard will keep your moglification (if it doesn't, IIRC placing the signboard again would do the trick).

Meaning the signboard actually has an use now? ;(

I'm glad for the extra furniture, but geez, what's with boosting only Earth/Fire/Water element furniture? Oh wait, they did raise one Ice furniture: the sky pot........ Thank you SE!
    I guess I'll just have to give up on gardening. I've put my old almirahs back for the time being. But way to go and break the furniture market even worse, SE, and ignore the only population who actually cares about furniture: us crafters...
    Not sure you really understand this but I'll let failwiki explain. The example is outdated of course due to the new patch.

Quote Originally Posted by [url=http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Moghancement
    Failwiki[/url]]And as a second example, let's say the dominant element in your layout is again Earth. If you have a Bahut (Earth +8, Moghancement: Fishing), and a Maple Table (Earth +8, Moghancement: Gardening), you will get the Moghancement associated with the elemental Moghancement: Moghancement: Earth.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ya I had the same problem this week with my Mh: Bonecraft. I wanted to remove a couple of my chocobo beds and replace it with a Star Globe. With just the fang and Globe gave me Mh:Dark. So I put all my Beddings back in and still gave me Mh: Dark until I kept 3 of them to get Mh: Bonecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by calinz View Post
    I got the same, my moglification was overwritten by Moghancement: Earth.

Bahuts have been changed. They now have 10 aura which makes them completely unusable for crafters :/ Pity, I liked the way it looked in my MH.
    On the other hand, they're awesome for gardeners. Drop a couple of those in your mule's Mog House and you get plenty of storage space + it's nearly impossible to get rid of Mogenhancement : Gardening (which is what Bahut gives you).

Sorry if this has been answered in here, but reading all this made me confused. If I want to keep my Moghancement for Leather, I need more ice energy than earth? That way the ice from my guild items would overpower the earth from furniture?

Edit: Got it back but now I'm at Ice energy. I don't think that matters since its only faint.