FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Question about the new grips

Are they :

"Lightning Elemental : Magic accuracy +2"
    or
    "Lightning : Elemental Magic Accuracy +2".

?_? Hard to test either way, but the lack of punctuation on the item makes me unsure It'll be hard to test too I'm guessing. RDM's merits for example say "Fire Magic Accuracy" rather than "Fire Elemental Magic Accuracy" - then again, if we go by this, would this mean the grips are specifically for Ele skill rather than debuffs?!?!!?!?!?

What a headache.

Re: Question about the new grips

I was wondering the same thing, but it does seem near-impossible to test. I will say that if it is "Lightning: Elemental..." it doesn't make any sense to be Ele skill rather than debuffs, since there are light and dark ones as well. I think probably the best bet is to test Trilling Dagger "Increases light elemental magic damage dealt" and just assume that whichever is true of that is true of the grips. On a side note, how can a person who says they can't manage the inventory space for a staff strap seriously be considering getting a set of these new ones? (not judging, just thought that was funny)

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Where in my post does it say I am considering getting them ? I don't want them, the wording made me curious.

Anyway SCH have Light and Dark ele nukes, Helix.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

It would make the most sense if there were no ":" at all. "Lightning elemental magic acc" means the acc of magic of the lightning element. This is why i think ppl are bitching, because having one of each of these grips would be just as usefull as carrying each of the elemental staves to use thier bonuses in casting, and they don't wanna carry 8 new things. i know for my rdm i'd want at least wind ice earth and dark. i hope there is a colon, cause then they won't be as usefull and i won't need them :D

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

From ye olde 'annoying shit in ffxi:

22: Day/Weather crap and the fact that a full set of mage crap to benefit from it takes up 24 spots.
    -- Seriously, 24 spots for everything if you get all the rare/ex items. As in the elemental potency though, no one ever really does this because they use Thunder and Blizzard IV all the time.

Except now instead of 24 its 32 if you want to have the best magic acc equip. These, like corsair cards should have just been one IMO.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Apelila
    From ye olde 'annoying shit in ffxi:

22: Day/Weather crap and the fact that a full set of mage crap to benefit from it takes up 24 spots.
    -- Seriously, 24 spots for everything if you get all the rare/ex items. As in the elemental potency though, no one ever really does this because they use Thunder and Blizzard IV all the time.

Except now instead of 24 its 32 if you want to have the best magic acc equip. These, like corsair cards should have just been one IMO.
    This is exactly what I was thinking the second I saw the eight new grips. Who the fuck wants to carry around 8 more equips for +2m.acc?

As RDM and BLM, I can really only justify carrying around Thunder/Ice/Wind regardless. I'll probably use Ice/Wind on RDM for Bind and Gravity, placebo are always nifty.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

They should have made a master obi that consolodates all the obi's effects into one once you complete getting all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin
    They should have made a master obi that consolodates all the obi's effects into one once you complete getting all of them.
    Why stop there.. I wish we could spend forever farming something that would allow us to combine our staves. <_<

Just got Thunder grip today wafik, I'd say it's just magic accuracy specifically for any thunder spells.

Clearly it's made to give your lightning elemental avatar magic accuracy on summoner.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I thought it was fairly obvious that the matching grip of the day should be used in conjuction with Earth Staves to enfeeble AV

Going back to what someone said about a quest to combine all sea obis, do it with the grips

anyone tried checking the help text in another language? while ambiguous in english, it may not be so in japanese. just look at the numerist pumps...

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Going back to what someone said about a quest to combine all sea obis, do it with the grips
    Or just a macc +2 grip >_>

+2 macc is pretty weak to begin with, it certainly didn't deserve to be divided into 8 grips. Just going to stick with raptor+1/bugard+1/staff grip unless they turn out to be mislabeled and it's really +2% or something, or have a hidden potency effect like staves.

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    Quote Originally Posted by Starr
    Or just a macc +2 grip >_>

+2 macc is pretty weak to begin with, it certainly didn't deserve to be divided into 8 grips. Just going to stick with Wise Strap.
    lovely fixes~

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    anyone tried checking the help text in another language? while ambiguous in english, it may not be so in japanese. just look at the numerist pumps...

just checked the jp text, the answer is:

Lightining Elements' Magic Accuracy + 2. But not elemental or whatever.