BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Compatible Graphics Cards and Newest Driver Software Info

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/envi/w ... pageID=win

The NVIDIA GeForce 8 series and 9 series driver software has been updated and all related bugs have been fixed. We recommend that users currently using beta driver software (*) update to the latest version.

The newest information on graphic cards and driver software compatible with FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows can be found here.

*Windows Vista™:Version 169.17
    Just saw this on POL's site this morning.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Re: Compatible Graphics Cards and Newest Driver Software Info

cool thx for the info ^^

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I had a problem with the new beta drivers. My game would lag pretty badly, similar to what it does when I double my resolution in the registry. I think it may be do to the fact that I play on a 1280x960 screen and it is just too much for the graphics card or cpu to handle. I will try out these new drivers, but unless something has radically changed, I think I will just stick with what I have.

just reformatted this morning and subsequently got the latest drivers, don't notice a difference (8800GTX)

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

be warned if you are someone who likes to remote desktop in to your PC the 175.16 drivers will not allow that.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

so, what... this POL news headline was pointless? do the new drivers make FFXI 100% playable now on a decent PC? or does turning shadows on with an nvidia card + vista still put the game at a crawl in heavily populated places like aery or campaign?

neptunet

Well, I am running XP on my macbookpro and I HAD the 163.37 drivers that came with the Boot Camp update. Updated to 175.16 and am not noticing the holy grail of framerates. I do however have my texture res hacked up 2x. I have slowdown in weather effects such as wind and sandstorm and Whitegate, and at telepoints.. framerate drops to about 10-15 fps or so in those scenarios. So I'd say we're not there yet. Anybody having those framerate problems who doesn't have their res upped?