Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Trilling Dagger and holy bolts.

Anyone able to test this yet? Wanna know if this is worth going for, or if I'm getting my hopes up to poer up my obow ever so slightly.

Just wanna make sure this thing works like I think, before going after it.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Re: Trilling Dagger and holy bolts.

poor obow????

sorry i didnt know the obow was poor by any means no matter if your mnd build is weak or not.

but no i'd stick with your ratk axes in lieu of mnd weapons, maybe if you were talking about spamming holys with a machine xbow.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Kinda off topic but related, but does anyone have substantial proof if light staff or apollo's staff affected the damage on holy bolts? And also kinda going along w/ that any chance that there is diminishing returns on MND+ equipment for a holy bolt build?

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

No, Light/Apollo's staff is not worthwhile in a holy bolt build.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson
    Any proof or is that just word of mouth? Because essentially the description of trilling dagger is: Increases light elemental magic damage. Which Light's Staff and Apollo's Staff do as a Hidden effect. So if Light/Apollo doesn't work then Trilling shouldn't work either?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by thegod
    poor obow????
    I think it was supposed to be "power", the word "up" is after it so that's what I got from it.

Hi Heart.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakson
    Any proof or is that just word of mouth? Because essentially the description of trilling dagger is: Increases light elemental magic damage. Which Light's Staff and Apollo's Staff do as a Hidden effect. So if Light/Apollo doesn't work then Trilling shouldn't work either?
    I used to have a mind build, but haven't really kept it up given that I don't play RNG that much any more. I tried several combinations (having a light staff being the only piece to enhance add effect, and then having an entire +mnd set AND light staff) and I never noticed an increase that couldn't be seen with replacing pieces to add str or r.attack. Then again, I don't parse, so I might be mentally handicapped. Take it as you will.

LS mate just tested the dagger, it did bring up holy bolt damage appx 10%

machine crossbow with holy bolts is pretty bad ass if you have a decent mind build

As long as what you're fighting isn't completely resistant to physical damage.. I would think Obow would still produce better results.

Not to mention your weaponskill damage will be complete shit. I guess getting off 2X ws would be decent. Even still you'd be doing like 1/4 damage per.

Would be nice to test with a higher MND build than that Alla post. I know for my RNG I used:

Apollo's Staff
    Scout's Beret
    Faith Torque
    Kirin's Osode
    lolTamas Ring
    AF1 legs
    Suzy Boots

Granted the effect is greatly reduced by some mobs elemental resistance (try hitting a tonberry vs a fomor) I believe the MND helps the resistance while Apollo's effect the potency. So this would also directly be variant(sp) to the mobs level vs yours.

I'll need to test that light staff thing myself.... if so *chucks fire staff*.

But good to hear it does increase potency a bit. I'm guessing franny/trilling for /nin and apollo + raptor strap +1 for /war and /sam are the way to go then. At least I can pack additional acc and att /nin now on that build, when I need to /nin (read: not much, usually /war and finally /sam today...hopefully).

Thanks guys, nwo I know this is worth going after.