+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 490 FirstFirst ... 440 480 488 489 490

Thread: So What Are YOU Playing?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yeah there are basically only 2 original bosses per DLC (the last is recycled in some way) but some of those bosses are the best in the series (Sir Alonne, Old Ivory King and Fume Knight come to mind immediately).

Also some cool weapons and shit but DS2 is great for weapon variety.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just started running through the Arma 3 campaign, now that I have a good enough rig to run it at decent frame rates with all the eye candy. Being able to see every detail within your line of sight is just awesome, especially when you can set your view distance to 5km. Some of the missions have been pretty difficult, some have just been downright broken.

Like one mission I had to defend a crash sight while we waited for a medic team to come deal with a survivor, but earlier in the mission one of the rifleman I was with caught a bullet, so we were trying to defend it with one less person than I should have had which made it difficult to cover all the angles. It was really just about properly placing your mines to give you a heads up where your enemies were coming from, but the loss of a man before the defense even started wasn't helpful.

Had another mission that was really fuckin cool, came in as a 4 man team in a submersible, swam with our scuba gear to the beach, dropped an enemy patrol as we were coming out of the water. Then assaulted a village near that position. So we clear the village, identify an enemy officer, and then my team commandeers an enemy vehicle for exfil, well of course they gotta put the NPC in charge of driving the truck, and it gets stuck backing up over and over, it backed up, when forward a bit, decided it didn't have enough room to make the turn, backed up into the same position it was before, rinse and repeat forever. So I just had to use the endmission cheat to get past it. From what I read I completed the whole mission and the only thing that was left was for the NPC to drive the truck up the road and then the mission ended. Still, on the debrief screen in giant letters it said "CHEAT USED" or something. Made me salty that is the only way I could get past it.

Downloaded about 20gb worth of workshop content for it too so I'll be checking out some multiplayer servers this coming week, gonna try exile on winter chernarus map.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So just finished Steins;Gate 0 and I LOVED it especially after beating FFXV. I guess it's back to getting my last armiger and fighting gaybu.....

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Been playing L4D2 on and off and holy shit I didn't remember the AI being this stupid.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Redungeon. can't stop, won't stop. so addictive!

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Was playing Halcoyn 6 Starbase Commander most of the day. Shit's pretty dope. It's like if The Ur-Quan Masters and Final Fantasy had a love child.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Beat Silent Hill yesterday and started Silent Hill 2 today. Can only play these games in like, 20 minute spurts. I don't get scared from movies and what not really, but the atmosphere and sounds in this game give me constant goosebumps and make my heart pound.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmado View Post
    Beat Silent Hill yesterday and started Silent Hill 2 today. Can only play these games in like, 20 minute spurts. I don't get scared from movies and what not really, but the atmosphere and sounds in this game give me constant goosebumps and make my heart pound.
    First time I played Silent Hill I was 16 or something and me and two buddies took turns marathoning the shit out of it in a single night together in one dudes basement. We completed the game at like 4am. Me and the one buddy decided we'd walk home after we all talked about the game for a while... THERE WAS THE THICKEST FOG I'VE SEEN IN MY ENTIRE 33 YEARS OF LIFE AND WE HAD TO WALK HOME IN IT IN THE DEAD OF NIGHT DIRECTLY AFTER PLAYING SILENT HILL. FUCK ME WE THOUGHT WE WERE GOING TO BE RIPPED TO SHRED THE ENTIRE TIME.

I vividly remember that walk home to this day.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fatal frame was even worse than silent hill for me in that respect. Never could play it for extended periods of time back when I was a teenager, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just finished RE7. Good game and I'm glad the game ramped up and finished when it did.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kamihime project on nutaku because it's basically R18 granblue fantasy. Even down to the dark fencer class.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So apparently Anarchy Online got a steam launch and I've been having a desire to play it. Its the first MMO I've ever played and honestly it'd be fantastic if I finally maxed out a character at least at the 200 cap (Honestly I want the 220 cap).

Tried installing the game from steam and running it at 3440x1440. Crashes and is apparently the not new engine version so just installing the base game. Can't wait to see how this pos game has changed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Goddamn everything is on sale on PSN this past couple weeks. Picked up FF15 last week and actually enjoying it far more than I thought (like some hybrid of MGS5 and Dragon's Dogma), and picked Doom this week and, again, actually more fun that I thought it would be. Especially given I passed up on Dishonored 2, Deus Ex MD, Darkest Dungeon, and Odin Sphere for it for various reasons.

Waiting on Andromeda in a month.

Duplicitous Jew with Political Aspirations
    BG Level

Just beat Ys: The Ark of Napishtim for PS2. Only 12 years late.

Enjoyable, save for jumping. I wouldn't replay it but definitely fun. I started it up because Ys VIII is coming out and I figured I've had this game forever, I should see what it's all about. I think I'll definitely play my other Ys games now and if they're as fun as this one is I'll pick up VIII.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Give Felghana/Origin a chance. They're only 15/20 dollars on Steam and pretty damn fun. I'd say Origin first simply because it's longer and a bit more balanced.

Ridill
    BG Level

Trying to play Ocarina of Time. I never played any of the N64 Zeldas. I Like Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds and Windwaker, but I've started and quit OoT about seven times now since I picked up the remastered version three years ago. Every time I'd get through a dungeon and then quit and then a few months later pick it up, do another dungeon and quit.

I hate the obtuseness of the side quests and the dungeons I just find infuriatingly annoying most of the time and the combat just doesnt click with me and seems downright horrible. I'll get annoyed with just about every aspect of the game and then once I beat the boss dungeon just want nothing else to do with the game. Until several months later, as if I received OoT specific amnesia, I tell myself; "Everyone calls OoT a masterpiece of the gaming universe and its acclaimed as the best zelda title ever. I really should finish this game." and then I pick it up and have the same aggravated feelings I had before.

I have two gem dungeons left to go. The shadow temple and something else. I made it to the boss and died, so currently, that's where I'm at. I start with 3 hearts. There's one fairy on the way to the boss which I use to get -almost- full HP, make it to the bongo bongo boss, and then die (which I currently blame the horrible twirling camera for). I've died four times now and I feel like I'm absolutely done with this game now and I don't know why. I've played way harder games than this, I've died to bosses literally dozens of times before actually beating them and spent way longer solving puzzles in other games, but I didnt lose my patience like I have with OoT. I just... don't understand my intense frustration with this game. Maybe its just simply because I'm forcing myself to play a game I already didn't really like to begin with that everything becomes just so exasperated.

I don' know if I should just give up on OoT, even with how close I am to beating it, try Maora's mask- which may seem a whole lot similar to OoT, or just drop both N64 Zeldas because maybe they just aren't for me.

BG Level

OoT is da bomb diggity yo. I don't even.
    Majora has the exact same combat and camera system, so if you don't like one you won't like the other.

BG Level

Went back and started playing a Blood Bowl campaign again. Damn I love that shit.
    Green iz alwayz best

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

That's the first time I think I've ever read anything negative about OoT and it was funny to read. Some things aren't for everyone.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

bongo bongo ain't even a hard boss, man