Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Strange Call of Help Occurrence

I was aggroed while solo by an Orc in La'Theine Plateau while resting and engaged. I checked it right away and found it was Tough and was too low in HP to take it. It was at 95% HP when I started heading towards the zone. I called for help right away, it was at 95% HP. No more than 5 seconds later, it's name went from orange to yellow unclaimed while still at 95% HP (it had no DoTs on it, it's HP didn't move at all). Then 2 seconds later, someone ran up to it and claimed it, it's name went purple.

I've never heard of a CFH'd mob going from orange to unclaimed yellow before both losing aggro to the person who CFH'd on it and reaching 100% HP first. Can anyone explain this to me?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Strange Call of Help Occurrence

I've seen mobs turn back to yellow from CFH status quite a few times (Fafnir,Nidhogg,Cerb,Tiamat,Khimaira) without a total regen back to 100%. So they most likely do not need to fully regen before going back to yellow status. The only thing I can think of is it lost total aggro on you and was unclaimed long enough to warrant it going back to yellow before regen kicked in.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Re: Strange Call of Help Occurrence

It's common. I call for help on anything I aggro (easier to track on radar after), and often see mobs go unclaimed before regen.

Btw, is it possible that mobs unagro more easily on cfh? When I mine in zhayolm a cfh mobs will usually unaggro faster than they do when I kite normally.