Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

What's Left of Aht Urhgan

First things first;

Pandemonium's ???
    This was ninja-added in the June 18th patch.

Halvung's Locked Door
    My second inquiry is about an island in Mount Zhayolm previously unexplored. No, not the Engraved Tablet isle that you pop Sarameya on. We all knew how to get to that island long ago (although the Tablets weren't exactly functioning...) This particular island is located at F-9 of the Mount Zhayolm map. It is evident that there is a tunnel on the island, more than likely being the zone to Halvung. This would match up with the unused zone out of Halvung at D-11 on it's first map. However, in order to get to D-11 you must first pass through a 4 person door, and then as of October 2007, a completely unusable door. This door was completely unusable, I want to stress this, clicking it gave a "There is no response" message, not the normal "Rocl is pressing down on the lever!" message.

Right now it's 5 AM or else I'd go examine this second one myself, but perhaps there's someone who can go in my stead. Sonomaa reported there being mobs up on Wide Scan behind the door, and some of our more uh.. devious forum posters.. said the following about the island:

Quote Originally Posted by Koga, October 2007
    So anyways >_>
    I've been there before on my old account before it got b&.

Half the island has no clipping path (which means you fall through it) there is actually a zone over there that goes into Halvung the and iirc if you go into it goes down to a room with a whole bunch of dragons in it.
    There is also a door but it has no targetable way to open it.

Me and my friend tried farm Dragon Blood there D: never got a drop lol.
    Birdman Cape & Almighty Apkallu
    Who knows if the two are related, but we're still no closer to discovering their secrets than we were at their implementation. Perhaps a lack of drive has cast Almighty Apkallu back into the Unsolved Mysteries drawer, but what harm could be done by asking once again "What's the deal with airline food?" Somebody more versed in our scarcely seen Apkallu may be able to shed more light on him, because it seems that all he does is pop on the ship to Silver Sea Route to Al Zahbi.

Recommended Reading: viewtopic.php?p=847474#p847474

Arrapago's Tidal Gates
    Quote Originally Posted by pchan
    There are 2 unused "Tidal Gates" in arrapago. They used to be targetable at ToAU release, but not anymore. There are some rooms past them, as you can see looking through walls. You can find one on the first map (purple tidal gate used to be the original name I believe) in a hidden portion of the map (J5) and another one on the second map (I5). There are 2 other tidal (one is for medusa, the other one for astral candy BC). Still in arrapago, in front of The Ashu Taliff boat there is a gate; you can't target it, but when you are close to it you see a new map, where you can't go (map 11 from vana'diel atlas).
    If there is anything else of interest left in the Arajidah continent, let me know and I'll update this thread.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Re: What's Left of Aht Urhgan

I think you will get a lamp when you trade to that ???, this lamp will be used the same way (possibly the same gate?) as einherjar.

Edit: I know which gate you mean in halvung, I will see if anyone is heading that way and they can check it out.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by rath
    I think you will get a lamp when you trade to that ???, this lamp will be used the same way (possibly the same gate?) as einherjar.
    This is pretty much impossible. There is no Pandemonium NPC in Halzahm, and no new "lamp" item. Trading the key to the Halzahm gate to get teleported into Aydeewa Subterrane to fight Pandemonium also seems unlikely.

Pandemonium is 100% in Aydeewa. 100% of the time, all the time.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Is there any BC like area in Aydeewa? I don't know where it could pop, except in the room where you unlock blu.

The island might possibly be used for Nyzul relic's final quest. Still weird they added monsters months ago if it was unreachable.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Is there any BC like area in Aydeewa? I don't know where it could pop, except in the room where you unlock blu.
    I don't have any sort of zone viewer, but if someone still does and feels like scouring Aydeewa, it'd be much appreciated.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Pandemonium Warden is very much a mystery atm.. but probably less so than AV ever was...

I think a huge clue lies with Sanraku.. Its most likely there in his string tables (or whatever you call NPC chat text) because he actually does mention "Pandemonium Warden" in jest when you're only buying salts.. so the connection is 100% positively set up..

If not by dat mining, the only way to solve the mystery of 'no information' about PandeWarden from the "trigger end" would be to have someone trade Tinnin/Tyger/Sarameyas drops and try seeing if they get a new item on the zNM purchase list. It will most likely be the case or else it'd mean we're simply hit a wall.

If the option for PandeWarden is in Sanraku's new list and bought, the NPC would most likely shed some information on the NM rite? At least pop location or a clue like lore behind the NM...

on the other end, the "??? / location" end, we've already hit a dead end.. because Hes in aydeewa but no new ???s have been added there specific to him. None of the existing ???s give clues to him either.. so theres no way to figure out his pop location, and the chances of him being an open-field NM rather than instance or non-instanced BC fight are growing...

the interesting point Rocl made tho is that there are 30 lamps in the dats to correspond to the 30NM tier system... but the more puzzling thing is that there are 2 Pande Wardens... and that the lamps are supposed to be mobs?
    For those familiar with Dvergr, they'll know that no matter where u find them, they always summon animated weapons to assist them.. but lamps? like the nyzul isle Lamps? Do those even have attack or casting animations? I'd love to see what they are...

On another note... I wish SE officially reskinned AV to look different from normal Aerns.. just like they did this guy and Kirin

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

Well, even though no new ???s have been added for him in Adeewa, it still is possible the one in Wajaom is for Pandemonium. Maybe the ??? is a hole that "drops" you into Adeewa or something, which is odd but possible considering Adeewa is located underneath Wajaom. So, although the fight likely takes place in Adeewa, it isn't unreasonable to assume that the new ??? in Wajaom could be where you initiate it.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe just a theory, but is there any "other" item besides the lamps/key in the dats that looks like a "collector"? Maybe before you're able to GET his key you'll need to GET the lamps via touching the ???'s again.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well, even though no new ???s have been added for him in Adeewa, it still is possible the one in Wajaom is for Pandemonium. Maybe the ??? is a hole that "drops" you into Adeewa or something, which is odd but possible considering Adeewa is located underneath Wajaom. So, although the fight likely takes place in Adeewa, it isn't unreasonable to assume that the new ??? in Wajaom could be where you initiate it.
    That is the theory Rocl and I were discussing over IRC earlier tonight. There is quite a bit of evidence to support this. You can begin by analyzing various clues in the DAT files. First examine the ZNM pop items. They're arranged in a very organized fashion, something like the following.

Code:
    Tier   V [Pandemonium Key]
    Tier  IV [Hydra]
    Tier III [Hydra Tree]
    Tier III [Hydra Tree]
    Tier III [Hydra Tree]
    Tier  II [Hydra Tree]
    Tier  II [Hydra Tree]
    Tier  II [Hydra Tree]
    Tier   I [Hydra Tree]
    Tier   I [Hydra Tree]
    Tier   I [Hydra Tree]
    Tier  IV [Cerberus]
    Tier III [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier III [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier III [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier  II [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier  II [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier  II [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier   I [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier   I [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier   I [Cerberus Tree]
    Tier III [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier III [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier III [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier  II [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier  II [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier  II [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier   I [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier   I [Khimaira Tree]
    Tier   I [Khimaira Tree]
    Now take a look at the seal trade-in items that drop from the ZNMs. Their order bears an uncanny resemblence. The seals you receive for trading them in match as well. The final clue is the layout of the ZNM ??? text in the dialog tables. It follows the same structure, and the text for the ??? that should be for Pandemonium Warden reads "You sense an ominous presence..." This matches the mysterious ??? located directly outside of Al'Zahbi. If it's related, it's an extremely odd placement, but the most logical speculation would be that trading the Pandemonium Key to this spot would warp your alliance to a remote location of Aydeewa Subterrane.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Off Topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34832

Ashira and Aurik should personally apologize to the poster!

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well aside from the odd spots, lets not forget Almighty Apkallu as part of "What's Left of Aht Urhgan" \:D/

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    If there is anything else of interest left in the Arajidah continent, let me know and I'll update this thread.
    There are 2 unused "Tidal Gates" in arrapago. They used to be targetable at ToAU release, but not anymore. There are some rooms past them, as you can see looking through walls. You can find one on the first map (purple tidal gate used to be the original name I believe) in a hidden portion of the map (J5) and another one on the second map (I5). There are 2 other tidal (one is for medusa, the other one for astral candy BC). Still in arrapago, in front of The Ashu Taliff boat there is a gate; you can't target it, but when you are close to it you see a new map, where you can't go (map 11 from vana'diel atlas).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I guess you could add the Colliseum in Whitegate here but this could be arguable. At first, when we could access Whitegate for the first time, the Colliseum and the Pit where presented as things totaly different. After the inclusion of the Pit into the game, it seemed the abandoned whatever the idea behind the Colliseum was. My speculation is it was probably some sort of new PvP arena, obviously, that later on was abandoned and made it look like it was the same as the Pit.
    This though is likely the case of many of the things that you have posted about. Kind of like the sky teleports that only recieved a use way way after they were introduced, a use which was likely never the initialy intended if there was any.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Skanda boots are another item added during ToAU that's never been found. People used to say it must drop off AA but who knows.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by pchan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    Isn't it possible that these are just abandoned projects? It's not unheard of for game designers to leave finished areas inaccessible and unused.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Flame bracers IIRC were also added in a ToAU patch and never found.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They still have 1 more general to go in the quite fantastic "Ode to the Serpents" mini quests

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by transmit
    They still have 1 more general to go in the quite fantastic "Ode to the Serpents" mini quests
    Who? They covered all 5, haven't they? The Mithra, BLM, Galka, Rughaddeeen (can't spell) and that RNG Hume.

For those familiar with Dvergr, they'll know that no matter where u find them, they always summon animated weapons to assist them.. but lamps? like the nyzul isle Lamps? Do those even have attack or casting animations? I'd love to see what they are...
    i dont think its going to be anything spectacular, its probably just like how some pots in sky are call dust sweepers or something. Probably just some random name for something that will end up being like a bomb or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Shassira
    I guess you could add the Colliseum in Whitegate here but this could be arguable. At first, when we could access Whitegate for the first time, the Colliseum and the Pit where presented as things totaly different. After the inclusion of the Pit into the game, it seemed the abandoned whatever the idea behind the Colliseum was. My speculation is it was probably some sort of new PvP arena, obviously, that later on was abandoned and made it look like it was the same as the Pit.
    This though is likely the case of many of the things that you have posted about. Kind of like the sky teleports that only recieved a use way way after they were introduced, a use which was likely never the initialy intended if there was any.
    Just wanted to expand on this.

Before Pankration was released, and in the actual release video of ToAU (The Promo-video), you can see the Pankration Battleground in the video. However, before I updated my computer with lolVista, I ran the modelviewer for the .dats of the areas, and did some exploring of various areas, and found the Pankration one before it's release.

The Pankration (or, "The Pit" as the game calls it) is the 4 rooms in a square design in the centre of this .dat map of the area. However, around this square area, abandoned and not accessable, are 8 other areas, similar in design of Aht Urghan, but of varying detail and shape (same architecture), with platforms similar to those found in Alzadaal in the center of them (rather, like the ones in Fort [S]). Again, the "Collesium" and "The Pit" are seperate things, in my opinion, the Pit was originally designed for Pankration, and the Collesium for PvP, perhaps. The areas were like small Assault-like corners (However, Assault areas are one huuuuuuuuuuuge interlinking mass, and the game just loads walls and shit when you play the assaults to stop you venturing further).

In short, there's far more to the .dat of The Collesium that you can see. Faaaaaaaaaar more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast