Closed Thread
Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Re: The gimp/confused/wtf player thread IV: No NQ Amemets here!

There's lots of things that people do that aren't "needed" for you to be successful, but people do them anyway because they are more efficient, subbing SCH is one of those kind of things.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's your ten bucks a month to play FFXI, you want to be gimp and go "lol/SCH" that's fine. Don't come here to preach that it's ok to be gimp when we're having a laugh at the expense of players like you.

Allakhazam is

Banned.

BG Level

Uhhh who said lol/SCH? People in my LS use it perfectly fine, it works for them, I'm sure it would work for me if I were to use it, coming in here posting 5 WHMs for X shell using acceptable subjobs in fucking dynamis is super BG mode now?

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic
    There's lots of things that people do that aren't "needed" for you to be successful, but people do them anyway because they are more efficient, subbing SCH is one of those kind of things.
    HQ Amemets are one of those things.

Would sam/blms be okay? I mean, they have ES/sleep(ga) for emergencies. They can land an ES sleepga in dynamis I'm sure. It does nothing to enhance their main job, but who cares right?

And the main reason to /sch is light arts passive abilities. Everything else is icing on the cake. Half mp cost Cure5s once every 2 minutes is pretty amazing. Sublimation is an added plus if your rdm cant afford to refresh you. Yea, refresh is better, but tbh a whm/sch doesn't even need it. Between using Dark Arts to aspir once every minute if you want, -10% off the cost of all whm spells, half cost on 1 spell every 2 minutes, conserve mp...we're not even mentioning the fact that a whm/sch gains 31 pts on enfeebling for anything you decide to cast while not ESed (a more likely situation in dynamis?).

There are uses for /blm, perhaps even on shit like Khimaira where an extra ES slow is useful.

In closing:
    "Then again if your melee must not use NQ Amemet Mantles for your LS to be successful at Dynamis, might just want to consider changing shell ."

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Uhhh who said lol/SCH? People in my LS use it perfectly fine, it works for them, I'm sure it would work for me if I were to use it, coming in here posting 5 WHMs for X shell using acceptable subjobs in fucking dynamis is super BG mode now?
    Well I was being extra narky on purpose, but what do you people expect? Everyone plays this game to their own standards, if you look back the the past year or so of gimp/confused/WTF threads you see people posting some utterly omgwtfgimp players with domaruuuus for hands and feet and one on their head for good measure while others post an Aegis PLD in Gallant Surcoat who just possibly might be the unluckiest SOB alive. The definition of gimp/confused/wtf is whatever your own standards are and what you think x player should have. What makes BG great is that you don't get bollocked for posting people you think are gimp or going wtf about someone's gear. You don't usually get told that "you're an elitist cunt, go burn in a fire, I play RDM/SMN because I'm not a cookie cutter lifeless failure like you". If you don't like someone else's standards and don't agree with what they think is the bare minimum then that's fine, I'm not the pimpest player myself and wouldn't post about WHMs not having /SCH. But it is completely Alla to bitch at someone for their standard and try to make it sound wrong when people want to play their jobs to the fullest and expect same from others.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by FailureMidgard
    Would sam/blms be okay? I mean, they have ES/sleep(ga) for emergencies. They can land an ES sleepga in dynamis I'm sure. It does nothing to enhance their main job, but who cares right?
    Holy shit man, I've never though of it this way! I'm gonna put down everything else and level sch to 37 now. Thanks guy.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whm/Sch is a nice combo but it does not belong here. Every whm has a different way of playing and some enjoy /blm more then /smn or /smn more then /sch.

I'm working on my sch right now, But like someone said unless my ls comes to me and tells me I need to lv /sch asap I'm gonna take my time. I'm in no hurry to lv sch, I'm going at my own pace and if that makes me gimp then so be it.

Anyways on a more important matter these last 7 pages have been nothing but fail. From a perfectly fine pld to an ok whm/war combo to some idiot claiming not using /sch in dynamis is gimp. Bg you're slacking. One of my favorite parts of Bg is seeing people tear apart some 70sam/15thf in http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=14437&sid=1 and I'm just not getting it out of the forth gimp/confused player thread

I'm having difficulty telling who's being serious and who isn't.

How long has Wings been out now? I don't care how busy you are. There's no excuse to be turning a blind eye to the massive efficiency edge it has over /BLM and /SMN. How often are you in a situation in which things will resist an A+ and/or B+ Sleep spell, where you're also completely devoid of people who are more capable than you are to do such things? Honestly, Elemental Seal is quite possibly the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard, yet its still going strong. ES held water when you were weighing it against Auto-Refresh and Aerial Armor, not against Light Arts, Dark Arts, and Celerity.

And what it this, "Everyone has a different style of play" crap doing here? What if the people in this thread enjoy having sub par equipment, and enjoy using Sneak Attack in lieu of Berserk, Double Attack, Hasso, or Seigen? The fact that people are going soft because they're mages is just silly. You wouldn't overlook it if your Samurai was subbing Dark Knight to merit, why should you overlook this?

Banned.

BG Level

In closing:
    "Then again if your melee must not use NQ Amemet Mantles for your LS to be successful at Dynamis, might just want to consider changing shell ."
    Touche, I'll give you that. How about, instead of bitching here about your LS WHM, dont you tell them they fail for not using SCH?
    Again, I like /SCH I'm aware of how nice it is, but I haven't been in need of SCH maybe because of luck, I have been the extra WHM that comes /BLM to sea or sky and is useful for escape, or we start low on people on HNMS and the extra ES comes in handy. But feel free to call me gimp, guess it being on my signature is not enough .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura
    And what it this, "Everyone has a different style of play" crap doing here? What if the people in this thread enjoy having sub par equipment, and enjoy using Sneak Attack in lieu of Berserk, Double Attack, Hasso, or Seigen? The fact that people are going soft because they're mages is just silly. You wouldn't overlook it if your Samurai was subbing Dark Knight to merit, why should you overlook this?
    1.- There are no pictures of sub-par equipment.
    2.- As people said BLM and SMN are still acceptable subjobs last time I checked, if /DRK is an acceptable subjob for a SAM in a merit party situation now; I'll go ahead and invite them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    In closing:
    Touche, I'll give you that. How about, instead of bitching here about your LS WHM, dont you tell them they fail for not using SCH?
    Again, I like /SCH I'm aware of how nice it is, but I haven't been in need of SCH maybe because of luck, I have been the extra WHM that comes /BLM to sea or sky and is useful for escape, or we start low on people on HNMS and the extra ES comes in handy. But feel free to call me gimp, guess it being on my signature is not enough .
    Actually, I don't care that much...I don't think Dynamis is a huge skill event you need every advantage you can get in. I'd be annoyed at any low-man event that a whm went /blm without a very specific reason, though. I posted it here because well, that's what the thread is, and I truly do believe it is more gimp than a NQ Amemet, or several other things here. /sch is a huge advantage (there are times to use /smn in areas for a split pull or a group blink perhaps, there are times to use /blm for an ES sleepga, ES slow, etc. shit IS situational...but most the time, /sch should be the default sub for whm now unless you have a specific reason not to) and I think people need to realize that WotG DOES exist, and the fact it was used 2 years ago isn't a valid reason to use it today. Yep, anyone's LS can do whatever they currently do without their whms subbing scholar, but again, all of their DD could flat out unequip their cloaks, and I doubt they would even notice a difference. Gimp in both situations. Crippling in neither.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Dear retards who think WHM/SCH or GTFO:

You're a retard. Subjobs enhance a particular role you are expecting to take. Today I have gone /BLM (es slow mostly), /NIN (for shits n giggles I kited Omega for a little), and /SCH for some other random stuff where I didn't have a RDM. /SMN is just dumb though for the most part, unless carbie pull is needed.

PS: /BLM in dynamis is more effective since you get Sleepga and MP is largely a non-issue. If your enfeeble skill is too gimp to land sleepga, then you have things to work on instead of nagging others for having a "wrong" subjob.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung

You're a retard. Subjobs enhance a particular role you are expecting to take. Today I have gone /BLM (es slow mostly), /NIN (for shits n giggles I kited Omega for a little), and /SCH for some other random stuff where I didn't have a RDM. /SMN is just dumb though for the most part, unless carbie pull is needed.

PS: /BLM in dynamis is more effective since you get Sleepga and MP is largely a non-issue. If your enfeeble skill is too gimp to land sleepga, then you have things to work on instead of nagging others for having a "wrong" subjob.
    This is correct, if you play in HNM area at all and you're /sch only that's very fucking retarded. If for no other reason than another ES slow is always helpful, /sch shines more and more the worse the support around you is. /BLM is still the king, /SCH is nice but I refuse to do anything in my free time with any mage /SCH, if I'm bringing you along somewhere on something I can't solo or two-box, you better damn sure be able to ES sleep or other should shit go bad, I don't give a crap about MP, you can buy a sublimation in the form of 2 ethers for 2k gil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung

You use whms to sleepga in dynamis? Ok, I've never heard that one, but whatever works.

And I'm sorry Sath, but there's more than Sublimation. There's 30+ enfeebling skill, passive haste/fastcast and spell cost reduction, the ability to half casttime or half cost cast spells, dispel drain aspir.

Shit is situational, there are times all that is not worth the loss of ES and sleepga. Dynamis is not one of them. And many other activities in this game are not either. And then there are times it is. If you have good support and want to take a few less healers than you would otherwise to an event, /sch is a godsend.

Oh yea, and fuck using ethers, you can use a Vile +1.

Where the hell are all of your Black Mages? The way you people speak of ES Sleep, you'd think that BLM main had been removed from the game.

Dynamis? That's funny. Anyone who's going to sit here and tell me that they use WHMs to Sleepga needs to really reconsider their Dynamis tactics.

Slow? What the hell are your Red Mages doing that is so taxing, that they aren't applying Slow2? Its by far the most popular group 2 merit for RDM, yet you're all trying to justify /BLM by calling it a Slow-bot?

This entire thread is drowning in NQ Amemet bashing, which realistically speaking, will absolutely never pose any kind of disadvantage in practical application. All of this while Scholar's benefits appear constantly, yet are being dismissed as petty irrelevancies.

/BLM has its limited uses, there's no denying that. But to treat the most all around powerful subjob available to White Mage as if it were irrelevant is just stupid.

/blm is only good when you need eseal slow in all other situations if your rdms blms and brds arent doing their job than I suggest you find new ones

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The whm who does not have /sch is every bit as gimp as the whm who sold their nobles tunic once they got a cleric's briault. I will agree that you need many subjobs for whm, I have sch, blm, smn, rdm, drk, and nin at the ready, and yes sometimes you need to /blm for the ES but light arts, penury, and celerity will make you an amazing white mage. It's like wearing extra cure potency gear, fast cast gear, and your own backup refresh if your rdm is busy/dead, not to mention you maintain the conserve mp trait and it makes haste and regen cost less. Also having celerity (ultra fast cast for those pld/nin who cancel protect every 4 minutes at cerb) or penury (half mp and half enmity) at the ready can be a lifesaver.

Also, i've noticed a trend in every gimp gear thread... there is always a ranger wearing scout's jerkin and no one calls them out on it. (Why on earth would you wear that pos... please don't tell me it's for the -enmity.)

itt: whms too lazy to level SCH and the people who hate them

ontopic:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...n/sadpanda.jpg

In besieged, but I saw them in a party with the same gear, soooo

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

who said anything about /sch only or gtfo? noone's saying if you're not subbing /sch at all times you're gimp.

all /sch advocates are saying is that whms should stop being lazy and lvl a GOOD FUCKIN SUB for their job. anyone in here arguing against this has no right calling out people with NQ amemet mantles or drgs and sams subbing thf.

if I'm bringing you along somewhere on something I can't solo or two-box, you better damn sure be able to ES sleep or other should shit go bad, I don't give a crap about MP, you can buy a sublimation in the form of 2 ethers for 2k gil.
    serious? if you're duoing something with a whm, you'd rather have a guaranteed sleep on a 10 minute timer than just use uhh repose? you know you get conserve mp /sch right? and -10% mp cost, sublimation, fast cast, and a nongimp enfeebling skill that would make it easier to land paralyze and slow...

i'm curious, what would you be duo-ing that would resist a whm's 269 + divine skill setup repose, but would require es sleep?

i dunno, i really like my whm being able to c5 someone at near flash speed for like 60 mp every 2 minutes :\

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by jerkbox
    who said anything about /sch only or gtfo? noone's saying if you're not subbing /sch at all times you're gimp.

all /sch advocates are saying is that whms should stop being lazy and lvl a GOOD FUCKIN SUB for their job. anyone in here arguing against this has no right calling out people with NQ amemet mantles or drgs and sams subbing thf.

if I'm bringing you along somewhere on something I can't solo or two-box, you better damn sure be able to ES sleep or other should shit go bad, I don't give a crap about MP, you can buy a sublimation in the form of 2 ethers for 2k gil.
    serious? if you're duoing something with a whm, you'd rather have a guaranteed sleep on a 10 minute timer than just use uhh repose? you know you get conserve mp /sch right? and -10% mp cost, sublimation, fast cast, and a nongimp enfeebling skill that would make it easier to land paralyze and slow...

i'm curious, what would you be duo-ing that would resist a whm's 269 + divine skill setup repose, but would require es sleep?

i dunno, i really like my whm being able to c5 someone at near flash speed for like 60 mp every 2 minutes :\
    Because if I'm duoing something with a WHM, the only time I'm going to need them to do anything is ES sleep it when I get 1-shotted for more than my total HP and get raised.

If I'd need cures I'd go /dnc, duo-ing is pretty much carrying around somebody who can haste and raise me.

And in regards to the whining over why aren't RDMs doing their job, all that translates to me is 'I've never killed anything with less than a full alliance, wahhh wahhh' sorry, but if cerb pops at 9am on a sunday and I have a WHM a RDM and a BRD, I'm going to go pull it, even if that's all I have. Not every mob pops at 6:30PM EST weekday afternoons. 90% of my in-game interaction with a WHM requires them to be /BLM, and the other 10% is when I don't really need them.

I'm sure /SCH has it's perks that I'm not seeing, but /SCH has been out for a while, and I pay attention, it hasn't won me over yet and I don't think it's going to. It's very rare that I'm in a situation where I have 3 ES slow 2's, or even a full ES elegy order when it comes to ToAU HNM, think we did a Khim at 3am with 8 people the other day and the WHM was just as important as our RDM. I just won't be won over by a sub that was made for shit like dynamis, limbus, EXP, all things that I no longer have any use for, give me solid low-man support and some skill and that's more than enough for me.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast