FFXIV Character
    Sevv Zero
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

Re: The gimp/confused/wtf player thread IV: No NQ Amemets here!

I had honestly never seen nq jester's in game =(

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shonin
    what is the point of making fun of ppls gear? i know endgame seers stuff is inexcusable, but ppl who have just hit 75 for example -- they might want to merit, and know they have room to improve. really, who the hell cares about 1 more STR on amemet? What is that, .01% of a parse?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I tried to retire my BRD and I still end up coming to HNMs on it with nothing but rare/ex shit... so be warned when you see me in one of these screenshots. It's not what it looks like, I swear!

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by jerkbox
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8...6190551zl4.jpg

lol znm

martial axe offhand and you know the rest
    GOD....

DAMMIT

*goes to do znms, since apparently any fucking retard can get homam feet -1 for war now*

Also: Mioko, delevel that shit asap.

Noone wants a lvl 53 Bard at HNM camps. :D

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Only thing I see here is the Onimaru SAM using HAchiman legs and Shura Togi (even though I use shura also lul).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

what is the point of making fun of ppls gear? i know endgame seers stuff is inexcusable, but ppl who have just hit 75 for example -- they might want to merit, and know they have room to improve. really, who the hell cares about 1 more STR on amemet? What is that, .01% of a parse?
    I used to think just like that until I was told that every little bit of a stats from HQ helps. Obviously not the kind of HQ, like say, seers .

Example 4/5 errant(because who really uses the head piece?) < full 4/5 mahamut. Its 4 more INT/MND than errant.

There are a lot of HQ items for melee that add +1 of something. It might not be a big deal if all you had was HQ amemet, but coupled with something else HQ, and you will see some improvement in performance.

Anyway, this is BG ;p. People here have played FOREVER and done it all. Times are also different now; A new 75RDM who hasn't been 75 for no more than a month will be expected to be pimped out right off the bat. 'It's fun to make fun of poorly geared players'. It's easy to spot the ones who are new or just struggling to go through the transitions of their job level to level, but yeah welcome to the gimp/confused/wtf player thread .

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So if I hit 75 with fourth division gauntlets, sipahi zerehs, NQ amemet and a venerer ring i'll be posted here too because I just didn't whitebox myself or buy dusk ?

edit: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=863606&sid=28 Right ring is ecphoria, dont know why it isn't there. But someone tell me. What is the point, really, of following peoples suggestions (I didn't TP in accuracy) if I'm going to be shot down by "LOL gimp, lax woodsman +1 LOL" "NQ Amemet? GTFO"

I think it's somewhat different if you know what you need to improve, but just don't have the means to do it by yourself, (no haidate/hecatomb for warrior etc) but if you're just out right lazy and cant even get some equipment that's not even expensive these days, you'll be posted here.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by jerkbox
    http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8...6190551zl4.jpg

lol znm

martial axe offhand and you know the rest

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3882/llorar3wn8.jpg

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So if I hit 75 with fourth division gauntlets, sipahi zerehs, NQ amemet and a venerer ring i'll be posted here too because I just didn't whitebox myself or buy dusk ?

edit: http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=863606&sid=28 Right ring is ecphoria, dont know why it isn't there. But someone tell me. What is the point, really, of following peoples suggestions (I didn't TP in accuracy) if I'm going to be shot down by "LOL gimp, lax woodsman +1 LOL" "NQ Amemet? GTFO"

Because people having shitty and cheap gear and often no idea how to gear themselves shows they are lazy fuckers, so it is fun to make fun of them! And it's not hard to see those who are going to improve and thsoe who dont know shit.
    And yea lol @ your Venerer Ring and NQ Amemet etc, if you ding 75 into that you fail.

That is the reason this thread exists.

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

While there's a fair bit of NQ Amemet mocking, a lot of the people in these threads aren't just poor, they're STUPID. They don't just have bad gear, they have badly-chosen gear. There's zero excuse to wear a Martial Axe or that Zanshin cape or full DRG AF in a merit party. And yeah, if you hit 75 with a Venerer instead of at least a Woodsman, I'd call you gimp, particularly if you were wearing expensive other gear.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Well fuck that. I'm not making ~500k for what... 1 STR, 5 ATTK, 2 ACC? I'm sure you all dinged with Haubergeon +1, Woodsmans +1s, Amemets +1's, swift belts galore. This community is all elitist bastards. I farm for weeks for 600 fucking k for items I think will improve myself just to get told off and laughed at by some random person with 7 level 75 jobs and is in endgame 80/168 hrs of the week. Seriously.

So then why are you here? You're clearly not one of us.

Having snipers/woodsman or haubergeon or even Amemet Mantle+1 [200k on my server], doesn't make you an elitist. I'd consider that the norm. Everything is so cheap now, and there is a plethora of ways to make money in this game, and you're struggling for a 200k back piece? You belong in this thread my good sir.

In case you missed the memo, this is an end game forum. Allakhazam is that way.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Well fuck that. I'm not making ~500k for what... 1 STR, 5 ATTK, 2 ACC? I'm sure you all dinged with Haubergeon +1, Woodsmans +1s, Amemets +1's, swift belts galore. This community is all elitist bastards. I farm for weeks for 600 fucking k for items I think will improve myself just to get told off and laughed at by some random person with 7 level 75 jobs and is in endgame 80/168 hrs of the week. Seriously.
    go away

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tormentormike
    So then why are you here? You're clearly not one of us.

Having snipers/woodsman or haubergeon or even Amemet Mantle+1 [200k on my server], doesn't make you an elitist. I'd consider that the norm. Everything is so cheap now, and there is a plethora of ways to make money in this game, and you're struggling for a 200k back piece? You belong in this thread my good sir.

In case you missed the memo, this is an end game forum. Allakhazam is that way.
    I want to ask you, did you ding 75 with HQ gears? I mean tell me, is it really worth the time to work for +1 str 5 attk?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I've dinged 75 in HQ gears and neat equipment several times, because i could and had gear over for jobs i leveled before etc.
    But what people here said is true.
    And instead of arguing to people on these boards go cry on Alla where your shit gear is elite, go away.

Edit: Btw, having more decent equipment shows in the direction you are a serious player that wanna be as good as possible (maybe still while learning, which we all do to some extent everyday), okey?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Maybe I overreacted in my previous post a little bit. But is it wrong to just want to get to level 75 first ?

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

You call us elitist, we simply say we have standards. QQ moar about farming, most of us did it too. Back in the pre-sushi days, I farmed for a month in Pashhow Marshlands as a ~43 DRK for ONE Sniper. Why? Because I had standards, and I was willing to do what it took to meet them. I actually ended up quitting DRK and leveling another job, because I couldn't afford to play DRK well. Everyone starts somewhere, most of us worked our asses off for the gear we're so proud of now, and we expect you to do the same, not just sit there and go "BUT IM POOR". It's actually easier to get the basic gear now, because HQ spamming has lowered the values relative to other things to the point where 500k won't just get you one Sniper, it'll get you a Sniper, a HQ Amemet and a Hauby.

Lastly, and for the millionth time, you're not even the kind of person who this thread targets. If you know you're gimp and are trying to get better gear, most people won't care that much. However, if you spend your money on stupid shit or wear clearly inferior gear when there's a cheap and superior alternative, yes, we'll call you a gimp, and you'll deserve the label. Lot of the people in this thread very clearly HAVE money, they just choose to waste it on bad decisions, and we call them on it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

^That makes a lot of sense. Sorry about my inappropriate reaction

Beadeaux farming Old Quadav's for the Quadav Helm quest was how it was done back in the day, 900 gil each was just sex!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast