Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Apkallu Hate - Version 2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Apkallu Hate - Version 2

Quote from failwiki:

Apkallu have a communal hate based on how many you have killed. As your hate grows, so does they reactment towards White Magic and physical damage reduces dramatically. The hate also effects what TP attack they use. With no hate they always use Yawn...as hate goes up they use different TP attacks.

This is what I always heard and always believed. The new Zeni NM system shed a new light on it tho. When the Zeni NPC wants Apkallus many people rush to Mount Z. There Apkallus will be killed.

Observation:

After there is an amount of Apkallus killed they start building hate. The strange thing is that even new groups arriving start hitting for 0. Also people are hitting for 0 swearing they NEVER touched an Apkallu before. I went out there with my 63 RDM alt who never touched one before and my RDM friend who finds them too cute to harm. We wwere unable to damage them from the first second on.

Test:

We changed locations. Did Ilrusi Staging point > Escape and entered the front reef. Engaging Arrapago Apkallus there made us do normal damage and they only used yawn. Besides us only 1 other group was taking pictures.

Assumption:

There is NO generic Apkallu hate at all. The mobs themself build resistance. Every Apkallu spawn area has a different hate value. After killing or damaging the Apkallus for a while all Apkallus in that spawn area will grow resistant no matter who engages them or how many apkallus you ever killed somewhere else.

Sounds good? Only way I can think of to explain my observations.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Re: Apkallu Hate - Version 2

They've gone resistant while people have been fighting them before, or so I think I remember reading.

And yeah, the hate never crossed zones >_>

assburgers
    BG Level

Yeah, the hate not zoning is why the AA theories relating to hate got shot down time and time again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i think you're onto something, lyra.... in terms of Almighty Apkallu lol

out of my explorations, there've been times where the ph would always yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn yawn, for several consecutive rides. but there've been a few times where one of the ph would have hate built up already, and used wing slaps, fridgid shuffle, wing whirl... i find this interesting because i've always looked at this in terms of my personal hate, and how quickly it deteriorated over the course of the boat ride.

but maybe the corresponding hate is based off of how quickly the same apkallu are killed. although, during my studies i've attempted for hours to kill the apkallu on the boat (setting hp in nashmau and not missing a ride). maybe i didn't kill them fast enough? maybe (although its a different zone), their hate is linked off the whitegate> nashmau boat. this would certainly make sense in relation to what the SE rep said, that "maybe its not found because not enough people ride the boat", meaning theres not enough consecutive kills on the apkallu.

eitherway, i'll look into this more when the servers come back up

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

We encountered this yesterday when we popped Lil' Apkallu. We have killed him before (last week), so we were expecting a simple fight, boy were we wrong, this is what happened.

We get there and there is a group fighting him already, they were in bad shape and wiped. We figured they had to have had hate or something and thought nothing of it. So we popped him, and he was taking 300-400 from TIV nukes. His AoE was doing about 500~ and he used hundred fists after every single yawn starting at about 85%. We had decided someone lied and was killing apkallu until a few of us saw this post. Now maybe we just wont pop him if he was fighting when we show up lol.

Zatoichina

Quote Originally Posted by rath
    We encountered this yesterday when we popped Lil' Apkallu. We have killed him before (last week), so we were expecting a simple fight, boy were we wrong, this is what happened.

We get there and there is a group fighting him already, they were in bad shape and wiped. We figured they had to have had hate or something and thought nothing of it. So we popped him, and he was taking 300-400 from TIV nukes. His AoE was doing about 500~ and he used hundred fists after every single yawn starting at about 85%. We had decided someone lied and was killing apkallu until a few of us saw this post. Now maybe we just wont pop him if he was fighting when we show up lol.
    We've had the same problem, turned up to pop ours and a group were struggling when we got there that a few members knew or were friends of. Of course we ally up and help them and after that pop another which turned into carnage >.<

Unlike previous pops HF was seriously painful and had to be kited and AOE tp spam for 500+

Not a major problem but when you turn up expecting a simple fight with 4-5 ppl it gets nasty

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ok, I've got another element to add to this Apkallu hate thing...

A few days ago, I trio'd Lil' Apkallu with some friends. It was fun and reasonably easy. Me rdm/whm, friends nin/war and thf/nin.

Today we went back to get another trophy from him. This time - the two Arrapago Apkallus nearby aggrod our ninja on sight. And once I slept one of the birds, they were both on me and impossible for THF and NIN to pull off with provoke and accomplice.

They KO'd me, I waited a few minutes for the first bird to die, then I reraised. The second bird came straight for me when I got up!

I ... don't understand this hate system. I guess all we can do for now is wait a while before trying to go back. Does anyone know what's going on? I'm searching the sites and I can't find any concrete information.