Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NIN's Sange     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

NIN's Sange

Can anyone who actually put a merit point into this share your experience please ? The 5 mins cooldown from new patch made me thinking about this for the 2nd time.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Re: NIN's Sange

It´s a barrage for Shuriken - what makes it so much worse than the RNG ability is the small delay of the shuriken themself. You don´t get that much of a TP return at all.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Do you have a ranged build in nin? Does stripping all your shadows while you're tanking something sound good to you?

You mean you're a DD nin?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Redness
    Do you have a ranged build in nin? Does stripping all your shadows while you're tanking something sound good to you?

You mean you're a DD nin?

If the dmg were decent, there is many situation where I would stripe my shadow for additional dmg.

1) kited mob that are running away
    2) emergency enmity tool
    3) finish mobs faster
    4) monsters with low acc/dmg

Not saying sange is good, but it could have its use.

Stripping shadows isnt a concern if your Ni timer is up and since this is really Nin's only unique damage tool, its pretty cool.

However it fucking sux to carry around an extra 10-12 spots just for this ability (not to mention you will lose tp whenever you switch over ranged to shurkens).

Its a nice tool when low manning things, when your sharing hate with someone, and you can pump out an extra boost in damage, but it requires alot of work/inventory, and timing to pull off.

er? I thought ranged->ammo cost you your TP but ammo->ammo didn't, I used to switch between Bomb Core and Fire Bomblet freely before I sold the Core for space

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mk. 2
    er? I thought ranged->ammo cost you your TP but ammo->ammo didn't, I used to switch between Bomb Core and Fire Bomblet freely before I sold the Core for space
    This is true. However, what is being argued is the TP gain and damage gains of Sange when compared to its high merit point cost. The shadows may or may not even be an issue, but a maxed Sange is something like 22 merit points; that's horrendous when you consider how bad the skill really is.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You get what...20% TP for four shuriken hits? I was thinking about Sange yesterday, but my Throwing isn't even leveled so I wouldn't merit it yet anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Sange will forever suck, period, the end, goodbye.

unless somehow you can get stack upon stack of Koga shurikens for like 30k each, even then, it sucks.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you hoard up Koga shurikens I suppose it could be a nice surprise in PvP, but really who does that anyways. It's not very practical elsewhere.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    (not to mention you will lose tp whenever you switch over ranged to shurkens)
    I don't know if it was a glitch but the Tuesday at Ix'DRK I switched from Crossbow+Acid Bolts on my THF to Bomb Core and I didn't lose TP at all.

Putting a ranged item on from nothing(barring instruments) or from another ranged item or ammo will lose tp, putting on an instrument or ammo item won't.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny
    Putting a ranged item on from nothing(barring instruments) or from another ranged item or ammo will lose tp, putting on an instrument or ammo item won't.
    Righto- so going from a Fire Bomblet to a stack of shurikens shouldn't affect your TP, right? Since they are ammo.

Also, if you're using this for DD, you'd want to cast a fresh Ni > Sange, so it wouldn't be practical while tanking unless the mob was debuffed enough to cast an Ichi afterwards. 5-hits > 4-hits.

Can you use sange with gun or bow?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So taking off a ranged and putting on a piece of ammo has always been like that? >_> I thought it always took TP to 0% because you were taking off ranged.

Didnt know that, good info.

I may max sange anyways, after all other job merits are done, just to have something fun on my Nin Q.Q.

Starless

I have a friend who pegs people all the time in PvP with sange. It's hilarious. On a semi-related note, if I ever had the means to afford it, I'd totally level NIN to 75 and be a mad nin/rng shuriken throwing mithra.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The PvP aspect is one reason I actually want to give this merit a shot. If I can get 10~ koga shurikens, I can certainly surprise at least 2 people during a match. I'm curious how it's panned out in PvP. Anyone with any experience using it? I havent found any.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i think im the only one that removed sange merit and went for 5 nin tools expertise and 5 hyoton hahaha

<3 hyoton san

cheap and good yo!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

cheap and good yo!
    Cheap, yes. Good, for what? I mean excluding Wind Elementals.