+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: going to the Ukraine     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level

going to the Ukraine

so ill be there for 2 weeks in the beginning of July for biz but i want to take as much in as i can, i've done some searching on historic sites etc but i need more then what the internetz can tell me

anyone ever been to Kiev or stevanspol(sp?) and have any tips?

also are any of the neighboring countries worth a shot? i was thinking about going to Munich which is about 500 km from Kiev but not sure what else is close really.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: going to the Ukraine

Bring an AK47, and lotsa ammunition.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bring me back an AK with lots of ammo
    fixed

Old Merits
    BG Level

Stay out of those hostels, no matter how many hot topless chicks there seem to be walking around.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You should visit Pripyat. 50,000 people used to live there. Now it's a ghost town.

In all seriousness, I don't know much about Ukraine, though that is where my family is from. Get knowledged up and post some interesting stuff.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

A friend of mine used to be in the Peace Corps there. Basically what I gathered is that the country is very divided between pro-Russia and pro-U.S. camps, both geographically and politically. All the women dress and act like whores and are not empowered at all (my friend was female so this might be an exaggeration), and it's kinda cool and kinda crappy and poor.

Take it as you will.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AlexRuzhyo
    You should visit Pripyat. 50,000 people used to live there. Now it's a ghost town.
    God damnit, I wanted to do that joke.

Although actually I would like to visit Pripyat, out of some strange morbid curiosity.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj

Although actually I would like to visit Pripyat, out of some strange morbid curiosity.
    I had to google it, never learned about it lol. So interesting, that place would be awesome for a zombie movie or some horror type filming. Too bad you die.

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen

I had to google it, never learned about it lol. So interesting, that place would be awesome for a zombie movie or some horror type filming. Too bad you die.
    There's a game based after a second Chernobyl incident. It's an FPS, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I believe. I would like to play it, but alas, I need my bandwidth.

And, yeah. I basically posted in this thread to tell that joke, but I too, would like to visit that place. I'm fascinated with it to be honest.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Ukraine is game to you!??

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have some photograph in a gallery there somewhere, no fucking idea where. Find it for me.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    lol

I see what you did ther

also risk owns

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm pretty sure it's the town you go to in COD4 lol... pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by guartz
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan
    lol

I see what you did ther

also risk owns
    The ukraine is weak though, too many attack points.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen

There's a game based after a second Chernobyl incident. It's an FPS, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I believe. I would like to play it, but alas, I need my bandwidth.

And, yeah. I basically posted in this thread to tell that joke, but I too, would like to visit that place. I'm fascinated with it to be honest.
    I'm glad I am not the only person fascinated with Pripyat. I'd kill to be able and visit it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Just talk about how awesome Andriv Shevchenko is and people will like you. Guy is seriously a living legend there.

Ukraine is awesome. I don't really remember any of the names of places I went in Kiev but there is a lot. And I can look them up while I think. There's an awesome monastery, the Pechersk Lavra. Also, the Saint Sophia Cathedral is nice. For souvenirs, you should go to the Andriyiviskyy Descent - it's a long ass road lined with stalls selling all kinds of crap.

Enjoy yourself!

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by gunner
    Ukraine is awesome. I don't really remember any of the names of places I went in Kiev but there is a lot. And I can look them up while I think. There's an awesome monastery, the Pechersk Lavra. Also, the Saint Sophia Cathedral is nice. For souvenirs, you should go to the Andriyiviskyy Descent - it's a long ass road lined with stalls selling all kinds of crap.

Enjoy yourself!
    This is what you do in Ukraine. Go to a bar, an alley or somebody's house,get drunk, then pick up hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by guartz
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner

Enjoy yourself!
    This is what you do in America. Go to a bar, an alley or somebody's house,get drunk, then pick up hookers.
    fix'd

Really, though, be careful visiting anywhere near Chernobyl. There are still fatally high levels of radiation in some places, e.g. the forest that, after the incident, glowed red with radiation for a few months.

Check out Elena Filatova's rides through the city of Pripyat. Pretty fucking creepy if you ask me...