+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I want my internet back     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I want my internet back

So my new step dad put a restriction on my internet. He did something on his computer that made it so i only have internet 4pm-1130pm. Anything i can do on my side that can change this?

Re: I want my internet back

reinstall windows lol

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by The_OG_Nelta
    reinstall windows lol
    if this really works, hahahahahhha

Old Merits
    BG Level

Do you have a router?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Its most likely router sided if you have broadband unless his computer is acting as a router or something hm... I'm assuming this so unplug your router for 5 mins and plug it back in then hold the reset thing for 5 seconds unplug replug and boom router has factory defaults. If its within the computer then reinstall windows !

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Reinstalling windows likely won't do anything, 99% sure it's a router scheduler. There's nothing you can do unless you can log on to the router and change the settings back

Old Merits
    BG Level

OR buy an identical router and replace it when his dad isn't looking..lol.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What/Which router is this?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

If his dad is smart enough to set up the restrictions, I'd say he's smart enough to notice if someone switches out the router or sets it to factory defaults or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius
    If his dad is smart enough to set up the restrictions, I'd say he's smart enough to notice if someone switches out the router or sets it to factory defaults or whatever
    play it smart and invert the times -> 4am-1130am

he'll be less likely to notice, and likely think it was his fault/glitch if he does

that's if you can get into the router somehow, of course

E. Body
    BG Level

Or, maybe, just listen to your dad?

Quote Originally Posted by Avanarius
    play it smart and invert the times -> 4am-1130am

he'll be less likely to notice, and likely think it was his fault/glitch if he does

that's if you can get into the router somehow, of course
    Going to try this. Hes gone right now so I think I'll go try it out.

Not Killing Ganon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

does he pay for the internet?
    does he pay the rent?
    is it his computer?
    are you under 18?

if any of these are yes, stfu and take your shit, if all 4 are no, then you have something to bitch about, and you should probably move out>.>

He's 16 iirc

Is this schedule for all internet access? Just port 80? A single port on the device? Stickied to your MAC? IP based?

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Just hold the reset switch on the back of the router. Then take admin control and change the password.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by mootsfox
    Just hold the reset switch on the back of the router. Then take admin control and change the password.
    Again, if his dad is smart enough to set the access restrictions for his stepson, don't you think he would realize that someone changed the password and/or reset the modem to factory defaults? If anything, the OP should take the earlier advice to change the times to ones that won't interrupt his usage

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Again, if his dad is smart enough to set the access restrictions for his stepson, don't you think he would realize that someone changed the password and/or reset the modem to factory defaults? If anything, the OP should take the earlier advice to change the times to ones that won't interrupt his usage
    I dunno, I know how to use my router and I haven't been in it for about a year now. I doubt his dad checks it daily.

Inverting the times is a great idea, but there is probably a password on the router, which you can't get around (easily) without reseting the whole thing.

Dont know if you live in a city or not but sitting in my brother-in-laws living room(i live in the country) I have 6 un-protected wireless signals that I can connect to at any given time. Go buy a wireless card for your desktop and profit.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

alot of routers come with setup disc that allow you to set this type of shit up without going to the default gateway and shit like that. Chances are, he added it not knowing what he really changed.

I agree, reset the router and take control of the admin account. If it's not a router issue you can very very easily hack your way by this with something like Cheat Engine.