Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Need help finding a driver!!

Ok, so my laptop completely shit the bed over the weekend.....mainly due in part to vista. So I decided to completely wipe the hard drive (dban) and install windows XP SP2 on the laptop.

I goto install XP, only to find out the installer will not find any HDD connected to my laptop. Now, I need to find drivers to install so the loader can find the HDD..... only problem is, I cannot find any drivers for it >.>

Its a Sony Vaio, AR320E....... actual HDD information will come in a second, gotta go get my laptop again because I cant remember the exact information.

Also....is it possible to install the drivers by CD/Flash Drive or is Floppy the only option?

Thanks in advanced.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Re: Need help finding a driver!!

Look in your BIOS to see if you can turn of AHCI/turn on IDE emulation. It's something Vista has support for natively, but XP does not. Common thing that causes the problem you're having.

I tried looking for your drivers, but either you have a non-US/Canada/etc model, or Sony calls it something else (or they have a sucky search feature).

I've always used a USB floppy drive in that sort of situation, so I couldn't say if a USB key or something would work.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

ok, the hard drive is.....

Fujitsu MHV2160BT PL ATA

According to the device manager....... so more searching for myself!

*edit* the Bios, is also extremely limited..........extremely limited lol

Sounds like you're fucked. Sony don't make XP drivers for that model, Vista onry.

Read the comments here: http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... r_redirect

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Sounds like you're fucked. Sony don't make XP drivers for that model, Vista onry.

Read the comments here: http://www.amazon.com/review/product/B0 ... r_redirect
    ya....... thanks for the heads up.

Changed my searching around apon reading those comments, and Ive been able to install XP on my laptop (guess compaq laptops use the same Mobo/HDD setup in some of thier XP laptops).....i've installed wireless drivers, and video card drivers but I cant find XP drivers for audio. Such a pain in the ass lol