BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Maat's Cap players on your server

Are they as gimp as each and every single one on Fairy?

assburgers
    BG Level

Re: Maat's Cap players on your server

Most of them are a little baffled about how to use their stuff.

The most decked out toon I've ever personally encountered (entire sets of +1 abjurations, including all king bodies, an apoc, I think working on aegis?) is a little Maat's cap 'ru named Ojaru, does he know how to use the stuff? Dunno, but man he looks good doin it.

Finalwolf isn't a gimp, and he just finished his cap yesterday! (GRATS SEXY!)

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most of them make me sick lol,

but there are some good ones, like Yrp

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

On Fairy, they don't know their head from their ass. Subpar gear for all their jobs. Jack of all trades is the master of none, xD.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I saw some Xavier guy on Bahamut with one... god his gear was awful. It's like the cap just induces stupidity by osmosis.

The one in my LS, Zklken, just got ebody last sunday, so his war, drk and bst won't be gimp anymore. Good gear average, great for a few selected jobs, subpar for many other (well there's no 1000 storage in a single character anyway), and he is better as certain jobs than others.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I just want to know how they all do it with the PS2-limited inventory space we get. =_=

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilia
    I just want to know how they all do it with the PS2-limited inventory space we get. =_=

Homam, Askar, Zenith, Goliard, full AF sets for storage, even with a few +1s and random accesories that can be used by mostly all DD jobs or all mage jobs, without being very job-specific besides 4-5 of them.

And a variety of assorted mules for all that non-ex, non-storable stuff.

Maldra

Angelfish owns ^-^

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Khrno

Homam, Askar, Zenith, Goliard, full AF sets for storage, even with a few +1s and random accesories that can be used by mostly all DD jobs or all mage jobs, without being very job-specific besides 4-5 of them.

And a variety of assorted mules for all that non-ex, non-storable stuff.
    I'm trying really hard to not sound ungrateful when your post is clearly well-meant and intended as helpful but you just listed everything so painfully obvious any player with half a brain would do it all already (all my jobs share gear to some extent, I have inventory/safe/locker/storage all capped, am paying SE for six mules for storage and I throw gil at the AF storage NPC on daily basis). But hey, maybe it'll help someone else. After four years of random rare/ex junk collected though, I'm beyond simple advice. I just figured I'd ask here if the Maat cappers had any hidden tricks up their sleeves.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm 670k xp away from getting a Maat's Cap myself, and inventory is never that big of an issue so far for me. I have 6 mules, but I really could get rid of 2 of them. One is full of meds/food, another is full of random pieces of gear I probably don't need. I really need to just sit down one day and go through my mules and toss things on AH.

A big help is your storage. Hitting 80 storage is fine and all, but how many furnishings are you using to do so? I have an LJ entry dedicated to that very thing, though it is outdated since it was posted before the furnishing update.

Another thing, is R/E gear. It's going to clog down your main since it obviously can't be muled. Are there any pieces you have that are easy to obtain and you don't see yourself using them for a while? And by easy I mean solo NM kills that don't have a horrid drop rate.

Another is level cap gear. If you are holding onto those 5k weapons waiting for the day you do a BCx0, that's not helping space. AH stuff unless it rarely pops on AH, imo.

Trust me, inventory is the least of my issues. *bangs head on wall while seeking on SMN*

According to the Vana'diel Census there are 6575 Maat's Cap owners. That works out to an average of 205 players per server. However, off the top of my head I can only think of maybe 10 players on Pandemonium with a Maat's Cap, and I'd imagine it's probably about the same for you. My thinking is that it's not that every single Maat's Cap owner is a poor player, but rather that the only people you even realize have one are the 5% who fulltime it for everything--and who are, accordingly, "gimps" by any objective standard.

Very surprised to hear over 1% of players have MC.

assburgers
    BG Level

Artti is one that you wouldn't know he had it until he swapped into it for a WS, and he actually knows his shit at the jobs I've seen him use.

Banned.

BG Level

Or you don't see the majority of people that have it because that's when they call it quits.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Yeah, the only really good maat's cap players I could remember is a few WAR or NIN on random merit that only swap it for WS

The bulk of the rest of them wear the damn thing fulltime as a trophy for idiocy.

In fact, there is one member on my LS aiming for Maat's cap that's pulling bullshit like "Oh, I'll only use rare/ex item for gears"

I'm sure he'd join the great pantheon of shitty MC user.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

We've briefly had the chance to have lolCarlosx on our server but he bounced servers yet again.
    6500 cap owners? Wow, that's a lot higher than I expected.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I just figured I'd ask here if the Maat cappers had any hidden tricks up their sleeves.
    The trick is to stop playing every one of your jobs. I'm not saying this to be mean, but do you really need to have 8 jobs that are geared to the teeth? The smart owners of Maat's Cap that I've met, which are few and far between, tended to focus on one job at a time and then unload all of their AH gear that wouldn't be worth retaining for leveling up another job, although there's precious little gear that fits that paradigm if you shop intelligently.

The few folks on Alexander that I've run into with Maat's Cap stick to only one or two jobs and those are the ones they gear well. Even then, it can be a bit of a crapshoot. I was in a party with a relatively competent Thief who tossed on her Maat's Cap when she WS'd, but she also full-timed her Patrician's Cuffs, so I can't begin to understand the reasoning involved there (considering level 14 Battle Gloves would be a smarter choice).

I'm starting in on leveling a third job to 75, something that would have been inconceivable for me in the past when I only previously hit 75 because my LS forced me to do so, and the inventory crunch kills me because I try to avoid muling for gear. I've gotten into the habit of getting rid of anything that falls under the category "Situational" when the situation in question is less than 1% (e.g., VIT rings for a Chakra macro... I don't have room for that nonsense).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Mosh
    Trust me, inventory is the least of my issues. *bangs head on wall while seeking on SMN*
    Bomb/Snoll solo is your friend.

Anywho, lots of pimped Maat's Cap owners on Hades. At least a few with 2+ relics and uber gear. A couple more that have good gear on the jobs I see them use regularly.

I don't see a point to having 10 fully geared DD jobs...there's a certain amount of interchangability between several of them usually.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I haven't seen too many around. I've seen a couple really gimp players, I've seen a couple really well geared ones.

I know someone who's very close to finishing her cap, and she's got excellent gear, though.