+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem waking up     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Problem waking up

go get checked. It could be something very serious.

AIDS.

It could be something as simple as stress too. Pay attention to your normal daily routine, and try to gradually wind yourself down before going to sleep. Try to be as relaxed as possible when you go to bed. But yeah...see a doctor asap, no one here can diagnose you exactly. Hope you feel better~

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    Quote Originally Posted by Metah
    Get Foldger's in your cup. Its the best part of waking up.
    I'm intrigued.
    Some terrible coffee commercials.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro
    AIDS.
    SARS.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    Ah, I forgot to mention that I also have a tight jaw when I wake up lately.
    Sounds to me like you're grinding your teeth while asleep. Tight jaw and headaches when you wake are huge indicators of a common problem.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    Quote Originally Posted by Avé
    Ah, I forgot to mention that I also have a tight jaw when I wake up lately.
    Sounds to me like you're grinding your teeth while asleep. Tight jaw and headaches when you wake are huge indicators of a common problem.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Avé: Are you going through any sort of stress lately that would make you have restless sleep? Stress and anxiety can lead to teeth grinding.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

My few cents: I'd definantly see a doctor (if you haven't already). Sounds like your going to sleep w/ a lot of anxiety/built up tension and while you sleep ur trying to release some of this. Do you exercise regularly, do you get out of the house [aside work/school where ur sitting down most of the day]? I don't just mean going out w/ friends and socializing regularly... I'm talking more about the gym, running, ect... Also, if you play video games (I'm assuming you do), try to stop playing games an hr to and hr & 1/2 before going to sleep. Whether you realize it or not, video games greatly stimulate your mind and can cause restless sleeping habits if you play then before going to sleep.

And yeah, a new bed may definantly help. How long has it been since you replaced yours? Supposted to replace your bed every 7-10 (tempurpedics last up to 20 i think) years.

I'm just throwing out ideas (w/others have) and assuming your not developing some mental/physical condition.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Someones fucking with you while you sleep. Like going in your ear or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Winter Sky
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Slapper
    Someones fucking with you while you sleep. Like coming in your ear or something.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried many of the things said here and I woke up with the smallest headache I've had so far, I almost felt refreshed. Drinking a lot of water within the hours before I sleep is what I think helped the most. I don't think I'm stressed out, but I haven't exercised in a few weeks (actually I think I stopped around the time all this started), so I may be tense and just not realize it. I'll definitely start back up soon.