+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    wasn't going to take any chances.
    which is exactly why he charged out of his house with a shotgun, after being repeatedly advised for his own safety and that of others to fucking stay inside?

ok.

look as far as we can tell, Horn's bullshit is actually legal (gogo Texas retarded laws), but trying to defend that bullshit as sensible and/or morally a-ok is beyond silly.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Beck, were those things you posted about Texas actually real?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Don't be shocked, every state has stupid absurd laws that are never enforced. You can't spit on the sidewalk here, it's against the law. I'm sure whatever state beckwin lives in, it has them too. They are just never enforced.

Here: http://www.eldar.org/~ben/funny/html/180.html

You can find stupid laws like this anywhere, doesn't make them relevant.

Banned.

BG Level

Yes they are Kuya, and yes I'm sure Arizona has its share of ass-backwards laws.

I found the recently passed "notice" law of texas to be funny/ridiculous though. it sounds like just a way to rack up charges on top of minor crimes. it's also some vaguely cowboyish bullshit, like requiring duels to be called out or shootouts to be announced.

BG Level

So what if there are 7 women living in a house, and they don't want to share dildoes?

Frankly, i am less concerned over most of those laws that you posted Tyche or that one about the 6 dildoes, those are just ridiculous, however the one about the homosexual behaviour is rather, well, authoritarian, and it sounds like something you'd hear from the Middle East, not the US...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I wish i could find the case. But about 2 months ago or so there was a shooting kinda like this but not quite where a bunch of white kids where outside this black kids house threating his son by yelling (can't remember much else what they were doing) But the black kids Dad came out shot and killed one of the white kids. The dad went to trial and was let go by a jury.
    I'll try to dig up the case for a link if i can find it.

But it seems to me people are sick of being pushed and pushed cause some dumbass wants to steal instead of getting a job or threating someone over some shit that ain't worth your life.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

If he's talking about the sodomy law (not just homosexuals), several states had it, not just Texas (including his backwards assed state of Arizona). Supreme court ruled to invalidate all state sodomy laws back a few years ago however. I don't know what homosexual law he's referring to.

BG Level

He must have been referring to the irrelevant sodomy laws, because if it were what i had thought it was, i would have heard about it by now. Anyway, how misleading, Beckfailure. :/

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deuciont View Post
    One thing that surprises me is people are acting like half a second is a very very short amount of time in a highly tense situation such as this. Anyone who is physcially fit, and it seems like both these guys were in ok shape can move several meters in less than a second. Assuming they were on his front yard and charged him you don't have a whole two seconds to consider whether or not it's worth shooting them. If you feel threatened, as I'm sure he might've been believing what he claimed was true, "that they charged him" is in my opinion justifiable to defend yourself. What do you think would've happened if he just stood there while they charged him? He himself would probably be dead or injured to some extent and now the thieves have access to a shotgun, putting the nearby officers in more danger than they were before.

Was it stupid for him to go outside and confront the burglars? Yeah, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to do it in the first place. Although killing somebody isn't really excusable unless it's self defense.
    Several meters Moonwalking because apparently they were shot in the back. No one, I dont care how stupid you are would charge a man with a shotgun.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dude View Post
    I wish i could find the case. But about 2 months ago or so there was a shooting kinda like this but not quite where a bunch of white kids where outside this black kids house threating his son by yelling (can't remember much else what they were doing) But the black kids Dad came out shot and killed one of the white kids. The dad went to trial and was let go by a jury.
    I'll try to dig up the case for a link if i can find it.

But it seems to me people are sick of being pushed and pushed cause some dumbass wants to steal instead of getting a job or threating someone over some shit that ain't worth your life.
    The case you're talking about is where a bunch of kids chased another kid (well, I guess they were all teenagers, victim was 17) out of a party and followed him home. The dad gave his son a shotgun and had a pistol himself, and confronted the group of kids who pulled up in his driveway threatening his son. The kid who was shot actually tried to grab the pistol from the dad, and in that struggle was shot.

The dad, John H. White, was convicted of manslaughter. This is interesting because the group of teens actually came to the home in two vehicles, blocking off the driveway, with intent to threaten/harm the occupants- under Texas law White could've killed every last one of them and got off scot-free- White was convicted. He also didn't call 911 and simply lock his doors and stay inside- the far more sensible thing to do.

The instigating actions were also vaguely racial- White's son was asked to leave a party because a girl heard he allegedly said some lewd things about her in a chat room. After leaving the victim and others, all white kids, heard more and decided to "do something about it", basically. Kinda echoes lynch mobs of the 50s (where black guys even rumored about having any kind of relations/even saying anything about white girls, were killed). But none of that excused the actions White took- and the ones he didn't take.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    He must have been referring to the irrelevant sodomy laws, because if it were what i had thought it was, i would have heard about it by now. Anyway, how misleading, Beckfailure. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    If he's talking about the sodomy law (not just homosexuals), several states had it, not just Texas (including his backwards assed state of Arizona). Supreme court ruled to invalidate all state sodomy laws back a few years ago however. I don't know what homosexual law he's referring to.
    No, this one referred specifically to homosexual behavior, not sodomy. Could be 2 guys kissing is technically illegal, idk.

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

That got dropped with the sodomy act >.> It was all part of one penal code. Both violations were misdemeanors, $500 fine whether you were butt-fucking and/or holding hands as a same sex couple. Anyway, off to fireworks, enjoy yourselves bitches!

The fact that these idiots were dumb enough to try and rob a home in a place where pretty much everyone owns guns speaks for itself. The law obviously supports what the old man did, and while it may be morally questionable to some, that's about the only questionable part of what happened. You don't want to get shot, don't fucking rob people with guns, k? He probably did a service to society by not having to support them while they rot in prison for the rest of their lives.

Banned.

BG Level

more like, if you don't want to get shot, texas is probably the last place on earth you want to be.

and again, service to society blah blah blah there's a reason we don't execute all our criminals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8