Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Because phpbb was exploding after a million posts or something like that. Also had alot of trouble handing massive forum views, ie patch days. The server would be fine but phpbb wasn't coded to take it so it all just crapped out.
    I personally like vBulletin way more than PHPBB. Once this is all set up properly, these forums will run way better than they were. You can't expect a transition as big as this to work 100% right away.

Yeah, I'm just glad that these things are being worked on. Much love to the admins who are trying to make the forums better!

Edit: quick reply worked for me ;o

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quick Reply is working for all of us really, we just didn't know you had to click another button to use the text box (gay I say!)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I like the design of these boards, but maybe you should limit avatar height to something small ( like 40px max) because when people will use their 250 height avatars plus their at least as long signatures, it will be really boring to read ( it is already if we look at some avatars just in this thread).

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Oulanbator View Post
    I like the design of these boards, but maybe you should limit avatar height to something small ( like 40px max) because when people will use their 250 height avatars plus their at least as long signatures, it will be really boring to read ( it is already if we look at some avatars just in this thread).
    The forums will hopefully get a new skin soon to make it look like the old forums in that regard. Vb (and even the new phpbb) try to be cool and unique by making avatars all over the place when they all look retarded except when they're on the left.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Eredar

The colors could use some help, but I like the new look overall.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Definitely having issues...I need to come up with a new sig and avatar now and that requires thought and effort...shit...

some people may be experiencing problems if noscript is blocking scripts on bg. disable it, click the quick reply link, http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/image...quickreply.gif and it should work fine. same problem exists w/ the spoiler tag wherein if you have noscript on, it doesn't work.

PRINCESS NEWMUMMY
    space mini!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I thought the option for not clicking on the button to do a Quick Reply was actually an Admin Control Panel thing? IIRC it makes other thread views look screwed up. But this was an older version of vBulletin than what this board is using now.

Much love for the admins and the pop up for searching is very nice. ('-')b

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
    I thought the option for not clicking on the button to do a Quick Reply was actually an Admin Control Panel thing? IIRC it makes other thread views look screwed up. But this was an older version of vBulletin than what this board is using now.

Much love for the admins and the pop up for searching is very nice. ('-')b
    There is an option to allow quick replies in VBulletin's CP without having to click the button first. It's the admin's choice on how Quick Reply works.

The thread layout option is also an admin setting. This newer style, with user names on top can be reverted to where the postbit shows on the left side. There's lots of custom work/settings that can be done.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm liking the vB. Our linkshell switched over to it and it's an admin's dream to control and use.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Because phpbb was exploding after a million posts or something like that. Also had alot of trouble handing massive forum views, ie patch days. The server would be fine but phpbb wasn't coded to take it so it all just crapped out.

That's fair, plus I'm open to it. Chances are most of the vBulletin sites I've used weren't run nearly as well as Sonomaa and Co. do with these here, so I'm sure we'll all be happy with the final product.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

How can you change your time/location? It's kinda weird seeing stuff in GMT, though I guess I could get used to it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

bravo on finally getting rid of phpbb, long overdue

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I like that I can completely turn off avatars and sigs. Goodbye everyones shitty 4chan images, see you in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by BarthelloSylph View Post
    How can you change your time/location? It's kinda weird seeing stuff in GMT, though I guess I could get used to it.
    "User CP" -> "Edit Options"

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Click now not required.

New skins coming.

Go fuck yourself?

Sig limits fixed.

(I just so gfy because I did about 100 emails so far of people who cant use a password recovery feature OR didnt update their email address, I hate you)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

dont shank me please

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

wait, click might be a bitch still

edit:
    FALSE ALARM, ITS NOT

Starless

I can see not everyone's having this problem, but uploading a picture to my signature isn't doing a thing. I tested it with numerous pictures, both uploaded from my computer and from other websites, but both gave the same result.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7596/sigproblemzt1.jpg

EDIT: Also I'm running Firefox 3, if that makes any difference.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast