Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Starless View Post
    I can see not everyone's having this problem, but uploading a picture to my signature isn't doing a thing. I tested it with numerous pictures, both uploaded from my computer and from other websites, but both gave the same result.

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7596/sigproblemzt1.jpg
    I got the same problem I uploaded a picture for the signature picture but it doesn't actually put it as part of my sig even though I can see it under "Signature Picture" but not on preview or the real thing>.>

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hooray for quick reply/sig fix! no more tiny cake~

Make sure you click the little link to the side of the sig on the preview too. It has to be [SIGPIC]imagelinkhereblahblah[/SIGPIC] and said link can be whatever path it takes to get to the image on the HD.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It's [SIGPIC]alt text[/SIGPIC], not a link, sadly.

Edit: And it's still not working for me whatsoever... maybe it's due to the use of a PNG?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Lost my user name, Ave.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wooo! Love vBulletin! Great software, once it's actually up and running and you've hammered everything out.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Clicking on 'Tags' at the bottom of every forum page is returning some...interesting and colorful results. I assume they're all due to the volume in Spam. Is there any way to exclude Spam from the tagcloud, or localize the clouds to be relevant only to the currently read subforum?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

some new skins added

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It's pretty nice, I like it. It'll definitely be good once it's set up fully.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

One thing that I *really* like about phpBB3 is that it has a memory between sessions of what posts you have and haven't read. With all the vBulletin boards I've seen they all forget your reading history the moment your session expires, marking everything as read from that point backwards. Very frustrating if you have to step away for a while and try to catch up on threads later. Also, the forum view icons tend to lag behind as far as showing unread vs read posts, so it can be a few minutes before it recognizes a thread/forum as fully read.

Thanks for skins. DefaultStyle = <3. All others can die. Grey on grey destroys my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    One thing that I *really* like about phpBB3 is that it has a memory between sessions of what posts you have and haven't read. With all the vBulletin boards I've seen they all forget your reading history the moment your session expires, marking everything as read from that point backwards.
    That's a configurable option in vBulletin. It's set that way by default for performance reasons, but it can remember every thread you've visited.

Would it be possible, once everything is set up and you are working on minor adjustments, to have a subsilver clone skin installed?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

When you switch to some of the other skins, the BG logo isn't at the top quite yet. Just thought I'd point that out, if no one had noticed yet.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Man people sure miss that orange/blue/darker blue color scheme. The default skin isn't that different.

The only real problem is that folks' avatars/sigs were always disproportionate with the content in their posts. Now that there's a default forum skin that exposes the 10:1 ratio of images/post length folks look silly typing just one sentence.

Aselin

I'm liking the new forum. Thankfully you switched to vB. I'm used to it thanks to being a regular to the AnimeSuki Forums which uses vB as their bulletin board software. It has a lot of features I wish phpBB 3 had. As for efficiency, that I am not too sure. However, you have mentioned an issue with phpBB 3 regarding multiple posts and I've noticed that lately on the older forum and a few other LS forums I have. Glad you made the switch.

Curious: Will Elmer's old posts in his Vana'diel Pointy History forum section be restored? ^^;

I like reading them. However, I only notice a few posts. > <

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Loving the Gamer skin. =)

Can't wait until everything gets worked out though. @.@;

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I just noticed there's no foe list on this kind of forum setup. Would it be possible to add that kind of function? It was enjoyable to be able to be spared the raw concentrated stupid of certain people.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

New forums seem nice to me does need a bit of work tho but generally i like it! :O

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    I just noticed there's no foe list on this kind of forum setup. Would it be possible to add that kind of function? It was enjoyable to be able to be spared the raw concentrated stupid of certain people.
    There's an Ignore List feature in your CP. Does that not do what you need?

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    You can add people to your Ignore List. Click on their name above their post, and from the drop-down menu, go to their public profile. When you get there, under their name is another set of drop-down menus. You want 'User Lists.' From there, you can put them on your ignore list.

To remove someone, you go to 'User CP' and go to 'Edit Ignore List'.

EDIT: Correction beat me to it, but I gave moar detailz. XD

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast