Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

BALLISTA needs to be fixed!

whos the dude who sends suggestions to SE? tell them to fix ballista. make it worth it to play and more balanced. no lolffxipvp posts plz. ive played wow, ive done arena, did BGs, dont give a shit. ffxi is more fun with friends, and i just so happen to like pvp so go away.

-blue mages single handedly ruined ballista 10 second knock back? shitton of damage? wtf?
    -add ballistas to aht urghan zones, or in the past zones. make them give players desirable points, such as IS, einherjar points, zeny, or some shit. just make it worth our time.
    -give us more maps in diorama
    -do something with brenner, make matches alternate between brenner and diorama.
    -put a herald in white gate
    -gimp debuffs so they last a lot shorter (this goes to icespikes jesus fuck)
    -gimp phalanx
    -gimp gravity
    -make bard songs stronger (not offensive ones)
    -corsair's useless isnt it? (not sure) fix that too
    -make it so that melee classes dont need to rely on quarrying up wings and lethe waters to stand a chance
    -make it so that if you're invis you can't be targetted
    -resting more effective in pvp
    -job traits more effective in pvp
    -stun katanas are retarded in ballista gimp plz

CHOP CHOP TELL SQUAREENIX TO FIX kTHX

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

neat !

- ballista oriented gear/gear earned from ballista points similar to AN gear/gear with ballista latents
    - easier access to pvp, all different level caps, without needing to book time, earn points, or wait
    - better rewards from ballista (e.g. see above), no gil entry fee, faster access, more exp for winning, a little exp for losing
    - allow quarrying of ammo, or make ammo and certain expendable items non-expendable when under ballista status
    - and of course, some balances

In before "if you wanna pvp, play wow"

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I personally would love to see another Royale.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by jiang View Post
    whos the dude who sends suggestions to SE?
    You.

https://secure.playonline.com/supportus/exmf.html

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Wait, wait... You can PVP in FFXI?

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deband View Post
    actually i just sent them a suggestion :]

New Merits
    BG Level

ballista can be so fun if they just made a few tweaks. we must get through to SE! everyone send emails!

In before "Advanced?".

Quote Originally Posted by jiang View Post
    whos the dude who sends suggestions to SE? tell them to fix ballista. make it worth it to play and more balanced. no lolffxipvp posts plz. ive played wow, ive done arena, did BGs, dont give a shit. ffxi is more fun with friends, and i just so happen to like pvp so go away.

-blue mages single handedly ruined ballista 10 second knock back? shitton of damage? wtf?
    -add ballistas to aht urghan zones, or in the past zones. make them give players desirable points, such as IS, einherjar points, zeny, or some shit. just make it worth our time.
    -give us more maps in diorama
    -do something with brenner, make matches alternate between brenner and diorama.
    -put a herald in white gate
    -gimp debuffs so they last a lot shorter (this goes to icespikes jesus fuck)
    -gimp phalanx
    -gimp gravity
    -make bard songs stronger (not offensive ones)
    -corsair's useless isnt it? (not sure) fix that too
    -make it so that melee classes dont need to rely on quarrying up wings and lethe waters to stand a chance
    -make it so that if you're invis you can't be targetted
    -resting more effective in pvp
    -job traits more effective in pvp

CHOP CHOP TELL SQUAREENIX TO FIX kTHX
    I agree with the points that Ballista should be altered to be more rewarding/interesting/accessable. I do -not- agree that jobs that excel in enhancing or enfeebling should be punished for it for no reason.

Beyond that, though, I thought this was a WoW board for a moment. This looks like the same "I hate [insert class or two here] please nerf them in PVP." You may as well put Deathcoil, Fear, and Seduce or wtf its called on that list.

You singled out Ice Spikes, Phalanx, and Gravity, and "debuffs". So I guess you don't like Ballista versus RDMs. As a RDM, I hate being slept, hit with AM2, Stunned before I can do anything, slept again, and AM2'd to death. But I'm not about to go "Nerf Sleep, Stun, and nuke damage!" I also hate being stunned and hit with Sneak Attack + OMFGPWNYOU WS. But you die. No matter what job you are something is going to kill you.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrial View Post
    I agree with the points that Ballista should be altered to be more rewarding/interesting/accessable. I do -not- agree that jobs that excel in enhancing or enfeebling should be punished for it for no reason.

Beyond that, though, I thought this was a WoW board for a moment. This looks like the same "I hate [insert class or two here] please nerf them in PVP." You may as well put Deathcoil, Fear, and Seduce or wtf its called on that list.

You singled out Ice Spikes, Phalanx, and Gravity, and "debuffs". So I guess you don't like Ballista versus RDMs. As a RDM, I hate being slept, hit with AM2, Stunned before I can do anything, slept again, and AM2'd to death. But I'm not about to go "Nerf Sleep, Stun, and nuke damage!" I also hate being stunned and hit with Sneak Attack + OMFGPWNYOU WS. But you die. No matter what job you are something is going to kill you.
    The point is, RDM is overpowered in Ballista, sure there's still ways for you to die.
    But let's face it, vs most jobs in the game RDM owns face.
    BLU is the same way.

In PvP there's supposed to be balance, not 2-3 jobs own all the other jobs.

Show me a game where there is PVP where classes are equally balanced. There isn't one that I can think of. Going back to WoW for a moment: My Shaman can annihilate other spellcasters; but if someone gets up in my face and beats me senseless theres nothing I can do about it.

RDM is kind of the same thing. I haven't been involved in FFXI PVP in quite some time; and when I did I liked RDM/DRK. I have no idea what the Ballista scene is like now; but back in the day RDM/DRK owned people. And this is the point that has to be made: a RDM is a single entity who can perform a single task at any given moment.

Ballista is a team effort. It is -not- difficult to coordinate an attack on an opposing player. Maybe using Vent to say "Open with Sleepga on that Monk over there" to a team-mate is going a bit far; but making a coordinated effort to take down the enemy's stronger units is what the game is about. This is how it works anywhere in a PVP environment.

If everyone is actually able to kill one another in PVP because all jobs are equally balanced, then what the hell is the point? Teamwork becomes meaningless and you effectively downgrade any sort of tactical coordination into who can get luckier on a dice roll.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Show me a game where there is PVP where classes are equally balanced. There isn't one that I can think of. Going back to WoW for a moment: My Shaman can annihilate other spellcasters; but if someone gets up in my face and beats me senseless theres nothing I can do about it.

RDM is kind of the same thing. I haven't been involved in FFXI PVP in quite some time; and when I did I liked RDM/DRK. I have no idea what the Ballista scene is like now; but back in the day RDM/DRK owned people. And this is the point that has to be made: a RDM is a single entity who can perform a single task at any given moment.

Ballista is a team effort. It is -not- difficult to coordinate an attack on an opposing player. Maybe using Vent to say "Open with Sleepga on that Monk over there" to a team-mate is going a bit far; but making a coordinated effort to take down the enemy's stronger units is what the game is about. This is how it works anywhere in a PVP environment.

If everyone is actually able to kill one another in PVP because all jobs are equally balanced, then what the hell is the point? Teamwork becomes meaningless and you effectively downgrade any sort of tactical coordination into who can get luckier on a dice roll.
    In most games, they aren't balanced... but why do you think they keep buffing/nerfing abilities?
    The GOAL is to get them balanced.

Please tell me you already realize this and are just spouting bullshit because you just want to argue, not that you really believe any company that actually gives a shit about their game's PvP system doesn't want shit to be balanced.

man idk about other rdms, but with 1-2 melees constantly up my ass, it's very difficult to do anything but keep myself alive and get them off me, let alone to even try to mess with anyone else.

hell a mage + melee teaming on me pretty much locks me up or even goes so far as to seal my fate: any rdm is still one person. 2v1 is hard to win unless the 2 are idiots.

I'm sure as hell not invincible in ballista, now about blus, I really don't get this, they sure as hell die like crazy on siren: no one gives them a moment of breathing room.

take away the ONE thing ninja has going for them in ballista.... why?

Quote Originally Posted by Rafike
    I personally would love to see another Royale.
    I like my crown staying rare ('-'*). but honestly: we were told after the royale that there wouldn't be another one. So take what you will from that.

The average MMO's attempt at balance isn't "All jobs are equally effective against one another." Its the Rock, Paper, Scissor circle sort of balance. In most games that consider PVP whatsoever: Each class/job/whatever has an intended target that it fares more favorably against. The balancing goal purposefully leaves weaknesses that can be exploited by other particular classes. Balance, shockingly, isn't about perfect equality.

From the ground up, the FFXI jobs were not intended to be in direct combat against each other from a one-on-one Job Versus Job scenario. But even as it stands, you see certain jobs go after other particular jobs. Or at least you used to. But anyways, Ballista adjustments don't happen because the number of people who care may well be in double digits.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

From the ground up, the FFXI jobs were not intended to be in direct combat against each other from a one-on-one Job Versus Job scenario.
    No shit, Sherlock.
    That's why the guy is asking for changes to Ballista in the first place.

And no, this game's PvP does not work in the Rock, Paper, Scissors style at all.

It's Rock, Paper, Scissors... Cannon.
    RDM can beat ANY non-mage job one on one without breaking a sweat, and can even go toe to toe with practically any job if they use poison pots.

That's not what I call balance in any sense of the word.

Have you gone into Ballista as a RDM? We aren't invincible. The one possible exception I can make to that would be Chainspell Stun versus a single target is effectivley a 100% chance of loss for the enemy. Getting interrupted repeatedly, WS'd for half your maximum HP, hit with stun weapons (yay Stun grip + Soboro!), and hit with status-ailment bolts is just as annoying as getting hit with Gravity, I promise.

Yay for quoting half of a point that was made and using it out of context. Wheee!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

does anyone remember why they initially removed gear-swaps from ballista and implemented penalties for them? granted not having to carry around so much equip is a bonus, but i'd rather my spells/ws/whatever land how they're supposed to when i can equip whatever i like. was it because of the loss of target during "Blinking" or was it because of noobs with no concept of macros and proper gear setups weren't having a good time? :/ hopefully its the prior, but still i'd like to be able to change gear without penalties once again.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Half of these are good suggestions, the other half comes across as more like, "Boo hoo, I got my ass kicked in Ballista! Nerf the jobs that kicked my ass, SE!"

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Have you gone into Ballista as a RDM? We aren't invincible. The one possible exception I can make to that would be Chainspell Stun versus a single target is effectivley a 100% chance of loss for the enemy. Getting interrupted repeatedly, WS'd for half your maximum HP, hit with stun weapons (yay Stun grip + Soboro!), and hit with status-ailment bolts is just as annoying as getting hit with Gravity, I promise.

Yay for quoting half of a point that was made and using it out of context. Wheee!
    I can tell you've obviously never fought anyone one on one in Ballista as RDM, or you just plain suck if you really see melee jobs as an actual threat.
    Do you not use Bind, Sleep, Paralyze, Blind, Slow, Stoneskin, etc?

There's pretty much no reason to agrue that you can lose when there's multiple jobs fighting you... because that's true of all jobs and doesn't have shit to do with jobs being balanced or not.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast