+ Reply to Thread
    YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Converting video for xbox 360

Ok so up until about two months ago I was enjoying watching various fansubs (primarily Bleach and Naruto, both by DB) via my xbox, and then they changed one of the codecs on me so it no longer loads. I have every codec known to man on my PC so they still play fine there; does anyone know an app that can make recoding them for xbox use pain free?

Transcode360 only works as a Windows Media Center Edition plugin, and I couldn't find much else that doesn't date back to 2006 (at which time the apps that were available only encoded to WMV/WMA, since that was all the 360 could play).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

you can try to use window movie maker to convert all of the avi files into wmv, and transfer into 360 to watch them. Or maybe virtualdubmod with avisynth scrypt ?

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Moviemaker is obtuse if all I want to do is convert. And I knew about virtualdub and avisynth, but those are soooo advanced, I don't know what I'm doing in there.

No other suggestions I take it since this thread has almost fallen off the page Q_Q?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Moviemaker is obtuse if all I want to do is convert. And I knew about virtualdub and avisynth, but those are soooo advanced, I don't know what I'm doing in there.

No other suggestions I take it since this thread has almost fallen off the page Q_Q?
    Have you tried Super? It's listed in the apps and ultilities thread, try checking it out.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

360 supports divx/xvid doesn't it?

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah, but a lot of fansubs now are using h.264.

And that SUPER thing looks like it might work, I'll give that a shot. Thanks :D

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This is what I used before I got a 42" LCD as my secondary monitor. =P That guide worked great.

The 360 does support H.264 streams, they just have to be Level 4.1 or lower - not to mention other restrictions like using an MPEG-4 or QT container (.mp4, .avi, etc).

But anyway, try RipBot264. Does exactly what you want.

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah, I think the audio codec is what got changed. Either way needs some recoding, I'll definitely give both of these apps a shot and see what works. I'll make sure and report back in case others have the same issue and want to know a good way around it as well :D

YOU ARE SEARED

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Bump to let folks know that SUPER works great; I used mediainfo to find out what stats were on the videos that already worked, and just replicated those stats with a few clicks easily. Saved it as a profile and can do a batch of 20ish 30min episodes in just a few hours.

Ripbot264 will only encode to .mkv and .mp4 containers, which can't be loaded into WMP (and thus can't be read by the PS360). It also seemed to fail even trying to just read the files, despite the author boasting it can read anything.

So I'd definitely recommend that SUPER app to anyone who's looking to do this sort of thing. :D