Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

What if they got rid of the subjob quest and let you have a SJ from the start?

One thing I've noticed when I try to get my friends to play this game is that they find it so frustrating in the beginning. They have to solo up to 10-13 or so then group up to 18ish to get their SJ. When they realize they have to do that all over again they just get fed up with it and say screw it.

Now I know thats all a part of the game, leveling up with new jobs and such. But the point I'm wanting to get at is that in the eyes of a brand new player, they havent really seen what else you can do in the game past 20 or so. They never really get a chance to enjoy it before they hit a brick wall.

I have multiple 75s and I have no problem leveling up, but thats because I know whats beyond the starting areas and all the fun you can have doing the various missions, quests, and hell just grinding xp is fun to me if I'm playing an exciting class.

So I'm trying to think what SE could do to make it more easy for new players to hop into the game. Like getting rid of the SJ quest and let players have that in the start. Having a SJ in the beginning could give new players a sense of exploration which makes them wanna dig deeper into the system. Atleast I think so. Also maybe give all newbie characters one of those XP rings.

Anyways I'm just rambling on here, feel free to add a comment.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If they really think the SubJob Quest is a "brick wall", this is definitely not the game for them.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

No no no. Leave the subjob quest there, it's a staple of the game that makes this different from MMOs.

If your friends can't play due to a simple quest, then they're just being weeded out. It's not very hard to get those items at those levels, if there's 2-3 of them they should have been exp'ing on crabs and flies the whole way through, and make a stop over in gusgen or wait for night dunes to get a skull.

No excuses. I don't understand how having a subjob 18 levels earlier than what you have now gives you "Deeper exploration" - is it because you don't have to do the quest? Say this is how it is now, the game won't be any different at all, you'd still have to grind through multiple subjobs and a main job.

If they don't have the tenacity to do even the subjob quest, how on earth will they cope with endgame?

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

endgame? Dude think of the Maat fight.

I have an idea, let's make it so everyone starts with all 20 jobs at 75, and all AF/Relic/endgame gear right when they create a new account, because playing this game is hard.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Maat fight? Dude think of the af quests.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Maybe they should make it that you only need to do Maat's quests if you want a Maat's cap, including the level 50/55/60/65 quests. It might allow them to explore being lazy deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi View Post
    Maybe they should make it that you only need to do Maat's quests if you want a Maat's cap, including the level 50/55/60/65 quests. It might allow them to explore being lazy deeper.
    Should also make all jobs that you promise not to level start at level 75

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

i think the question has been answered, and this topic is sorta alla-ish to begin with