Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
    Sagacious Sundi

I interpreted Kaylia's post as a spoof of virtue weapon theories. >_>
    Speaking of which, warden is a synonym of jailer. Discuss.

But seriously, did anyone on Leviathan or Garuda (these were the servers, right?) do that thingy to check which Warden[s]/Lamps spawned?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Yep, you killed him with weapons.

rofl Kham <3.

RL lol'ing @ 2 mins and counting....Well done.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So i was looking at the quests that came along with this update and noticed again a trend of titles having an effect in the quest "Babban Ny Mheillea". The title for completing the quest causes Lycopodium to give you a regen effect so long as you maintain the quest title so Pandemonium Warden being affected by multiple titles has more merit than "lolAV and his Jailer Weapons" as far as I can see.

Anyways, i guess it is all speculation until someone spawns the damn thing again but this quest was quite interesting and made me think immediately of PW.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    So i was looking at the quests that came along with this update and noticed again a trend of titles having an effect in the quest "Babban Ny Mheillea". The title for completing the quest causes Lycopodium to give you a regen effect so long as you maintain the quest title so Pandemonium Warden being affected by multiple titles has more merit than "lolAV and his Jailer Weapons" as far as I can see.

Anyways, i guess it is all speculation until someone spawns the damn thing again but this quest was quite interesting and made me think immediately of PW.
    Agreed, nothing's really disprovable at this point. He's been fought only a few times and there is still a lot of trial and error to be done and with it a lot of, decidedly useless, speculation will follow suit. Another title-based situation is the crag -> sky teleporters requiring the "Warrior of the Crystal" title in order to activate them, but then again these situations do apply to quests. It's possible SE intended for these title-dependant situations to be quest/CS specific. None of it is truly ridiculous until proven otherwise. However, I imagine that there is some way to weaken him to a much more manageable foe, I don't think even SE is THIS cruel. Then again, there is AV.

Now, this "let's attack PW with weapons" theory...that's a little off-the-walls don't you think? Seriously, weapons? Where do you come up with this poppycock?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Yeah, weapons aren't even charmable!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There are precedents for weapons having a special effect, too, such as BB being killable only by his own knife. However, that doesn't make virtue weapon theories any less ridiculous.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Come on, it was a joke D:

And jailers weapon wasnt a stupid idea until it was tried. It was obvious imo that AV was meant to be locked to some extent, you just had to find how. There was no precedents of mobs being affected by your 2 hours either, and according to Square enix, it's the solution to kill AV.

There are precedents for weapons having a special effect, too, such as BB being killable only by his own knife. However, that doesn't make virtue weapon theories any less ridiculous.
    anyone try stealing from the lamps or pandemoium ?

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    I swear if this turns out into a BB type fight, I'm going to be doing some serious /facepalming

Old Merits
    BG Level

What was ridiculous about it? It was a reasonable theory, it got tested, it proved to be dead wrong, but there was nothing about the theory itself that was absurdly off the wall. Randomly spamming emotes at Odin to avoid Zantetsuken would probably come a lot closer to "ridiculous."

Any other LSs close to popping this miserable NM?

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

tbh I'd have preferred Jailer Weapons locking AV than the whole 2H BS..

even Kirin's NM system has its own internalized 'trick' like the 4 directional winds...

for PW to use titles.. I guess its possible seeing as how he transforms into all sorts of different title-ish mobs. It just feels lame that theres no clue whatsoever...

on another note.. getting the 8 titles for Naja for Nyzul weapons is also another one of the new title things introduced isnt it

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    tbh I'd have preferred Jailer Weapons locking AV than the whole 2H BS..

even Kirin's NM system has its own internalized 'trick' like the 4 directional winds...

for PW to use titles.. I guess its possible seeing as how he transforms into all sorts of different title-ish mobs. It just feels lame that theres no clue whatsoever...

on another note.. getting the 8 titles for Naja for Nyzul weapons is also another one of the new title things introduced isnt it
    That's what annoy me the most. If title works, it was easy to figure imo, but if it turn out like AV, they should at least give us real hint in a quest or something.

[edit]
    Actually, Kirin, AV and PW should all have a quest that give them some backstory. It would be awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

If I remember correctly, the only TH we had there was a friend using someone else's account. He only logged the account in before the death of PW himself. I don't know if he tried to steal on PW, but I don't think he had the chance to steal from the lamps.

I might be dumb enough to delete my email accounts
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    in FF2, blood sword raped that bitch silly.
    this

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Then it's settled. The secret to beating PW is... meleeing it with Bloody Sword.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Brilliant! Bloody Sword it is.

someone should really try stealing on each of the lamps as well as the warden. It's quite possible that there is 10 lamps because either all have something that possibly might be needed or its possible that only one lamps has something and your supposed to steal from one if it gives you nothing kill it then steal from other lamps n stuff. Or it's just a really long fucking fight or it's something else.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

someone should really try stealing on each of the lamps as well as the warden. It's quite possible that there is 10 lamps because either all have something that possibly might be needed or its possible that only one lamps has something and your supposed to steal from one if it gives you nothing kill it then steal from other lamps n stuff. Or it's just a really long fucking fight or it's something else.
    "It's my theory, what we already know, or something we're not sure of yet."

Thanks for clearing that up?

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Second hand info, a friend in my dynamis LS told me that ATG from Remora just took down Pandy a few min ago, they sent him tells after they "killed it". Whether it's true or not, I don't know. A few people from ATG post on here so I guess we'll see.

Said it took them 15 hours.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

holy crap @ 15hrs! That's some endurance. I hope this is true and some new light can be shed on this thing (i.e I hope they tried the title thing, but my guess is if they did 15hrs seems like it didn't work).