BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sagacious Sundi View Post
    In FF8, it was a wind-based GF (AKA Pandemona). In FF2 it was the capital of hell. In FF9, it was a castle with demonic architecture but not exactly relating to hell. In FF12 Pandaemonium was an earth-based(?) turtle. In FFT it was a Wonder as an homage to FF2's Pandy.

EDIT: Earlier we were talking about monster/NPC .dat entries and stuff like the game renaming them right? Well, it does do that for Clash of the Comrades (fellowship LB70 quest). In the .dats there's just a placeholder named "Adam", which is renamed to your fellow's name when you fight.
    It also happens for Pankration, too. And the Chocobo races. And in every zone in which your NPC can be summoned, too.

However, if you're concerned because this is an example of a fightable monster changing its name, then just do what I suggested before: Change PW's name in the .dat to "PandeWarden 1" and "PandeWarden 2" and see if it changes on you when he's popped.

assburgers
    BG Level

I had a thought the other night, does anyone with artmoney and whatnot have a mule they'd be willing to remake on a server that pande has been popped on?

I'd do it in a hot second, but lolps2limitations prevents all those yummy memory tools.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What's it take for a mule to get WotG access? Just the access quest in Jeuno? Any level requirements, or mission requirements?

assburgers
    BG Level

AU access?

A friend willing to get you one of the items, grinding to 18 and getting sub items, shouldn't be too hard to find someone who'd help you get the access, though we can't get someone to go run the program themselves sadly.

Sagacious Sundi

I personally find the intermediate path the best, but then again I got the Quadav and Yagudo drops on the first kills (it only took like ~40 minutes, including travel time between the strongholds). You can just have the mule stay at the entrance of Davoi/Bead/Oztroja and leech. You can also do the same and kill stuff that drop both coffer keys and testimonies, but then again you're on a different server so it might be harder to find someone willing to do this.

Also, if anyone does this, may I suggest doing Garuda (or whichever server had the second pop) since that PW fight went further.

Both instances of PW popped, 8 of 30 lamps popped. Now go get some PW pops and find some new worthwhile info! Speculating on a forum won't get us anywhere at this point.

assburgers
    BG Level

You just ran memory?

Well, ty, but blah, my znm group is currently just something some of us do between sky/sea/limbus/dynamis, PW is a long way off to say the least.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

No new groups attempting? Or is it more of a 'we're working on it but don't want to divulge our secrets' sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    No new groups attempting? Or is it more of a 'we're working on it but don't want to divulge our secrets' sort of thing.
    No it's more like were waiting for someone else to figure it out so we can reap the rewards. Or it's just ZNM drop rates being stingy or both

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    No it's more like were waiting for someone else to figure it out so we can reap the rewards. Or it's just ZNM drop rates being stingy or both
    Fair enough. This guy seems dangerously close to AV.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    We are 2/3 on pop item and have more khimaira pop ready...should complete it soon hopefuly. However, our ls have less than 18 people, and doing it like this would be kinda stupid if we expect any result.

Out of curiosity, how many people the 2nd group had? I would like to have an idea how many we should bring to stand a chance.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

24 average, I think? Lots went to bed!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    We are 2/3 on pop item and have more khimaira pop ready...should complete it soon hopefuly. However, our ls have less than 18 people, and doing it like this would be kinda stupid if we expect any result.

Out of curiosity, how many people the 2nd group had? I would like to have an idea how many we should bring to stand a chance.
    We're 2/3 as well. We got Tyger's Tail and Sarameyas hide last night. We didn't get Tinnins fang though

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We're 1/15 on T4 NMs dropping... We should be doing a large number of Tinnins soon though so hopefully that'll put us at 2/3.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    24 average, I think? Lots went to bed!
    Not too bad I guess. Was scared to hear something like "36 ppl".

I hope there is a trick, and that it will be easy to find...I want to kill it badly, but it's such a pain to get the item I don't expect to ever fight it again (or until they up t4 drop rate)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Let's hope that PW is not going to be 2nd AV.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

At least the last two attempts seemed to go somewhere.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    At least the last two attempts seemed to go somewhere.
    So did AV... behind a wall.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by eva00r View Post
    Let's hope that PW is not going to be 2nd AV.
    PW is "beatable" & obviously has some type of pattern. If worse-comes-to-worse... then the next group who can pop it needs to be ready for an 8hr+ event incase they have to go through "X" amount of forms in an attemt to discover some pattern. But PW isn't like AV who owned every grp who fought it w/in minutes.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    So did AV... behind a wall.
    So far no Meteors, No Benedictions - just alot of lamps, transformations and cackling.

Many theories haven't been tested yet so i think it is silly to start painting Pandemonium as the heir to AVs throne especially when a distinct pattern is starting to form in his actions, something we wish AV had.

The pop item drop rate off tier 4 and the overall playerbase waiting for that one group to spawn and get some actual data on the table are the two main issues facing PW.