Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    18 forms, 18 non WotG jobs, 18 party slots

have everyone come as a different job and 2 hour at the exact same time.
    if this doesn't work, i think each form has a different element. Perhaps using the 2hour element opposite the form will lock it and prevent it from using another form.
    Count again.

20 forms.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by transmit View Post
    Some of those monsters miss titles though, what would cover the Vamp, or the hume BLM general.
    Square stated Galadar gets his title next month in the version update so i wouldnt be surprised if they just decided to release Pandemonium beforehand and get a feeling of how many players/shells give a fuck at all.

This is assuming titles do anything really and forms are made to be skipped which im gonna say is an idealistic approach to this NM.

Really just waiting to be disproved by Ruke or someone in the shell that the titles of any of the mobs were present in the main alliance and that nothing happened at all. Then i guess the fallback theory would involve something crude and stupid like pictures.

Gah... its really fucking feeling like Absolute Virtue^2, the after-aftermath theories now ~.~

Edit: Yes, i forgot the Vampyr form, so there are indeed 20 forms total. The question still goes back to the simple question of "Were forms attempted to be skipped with titles or does SE really have no clue as to how to create a challenging HNM".

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Count again.

20 forms.
    FUCK
    there goes that amazing theory

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    Followed by a "hints" video of "zoom in chat log" right?
    ....In four years, after everyone pretty much stops giving a damn.

EternalBlowJob
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This nm is not even worth it.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I think instead of asking questions, let's all let the group get their sleep and wait for their full post of info.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

incoming from SE third relic quest : Needs PW title (if given any)

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11 View Post
    18 forms, 18 non WotG jobs, 18 party slots

have everyone come as a different job and 2 hour at the exact same time.
    if this doesn't work, i think each form has a different element. Perhaps using the 2hour element opposite the form will lock it and prevent it from using another form.
    A+ would read again

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Unless I am mistaken the last group that got PW through a couple of forms fought the forms in a different order or skipped some forms?

They're gonna add a mob next patch, you have to have PW and AV titles to lock it.

LOL at the idea of fighting it for 8 hours, going to sleep, then continue fighting it when you wake up. Not alot of people are dedicated to the game as if it were their real life.

Everyone should have just taken a hint with all the bullshit SE has pulled in the past, Do as I say but not as I do, RL disclaimer yada yada, 24hr repops/3hr waits, 72hr repops/waits and all that jazz, but no, everytime they throw people a bone they gobble it up without realizing it is laced with cyanide. Cause they LOVE their FINAL FANTASY YEEEEAAAAH BABY.

Shit needs to get renamed weaboo online and then the playerbase atleast knows what to expect.

Sagacious Sundi

Damn, I'm kinda pissed that this is shaping up to be another AV.
    Thanks a ton for doing this, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    Unless I am mistaken the last group that got PW through a couple of forms fought the forms in a different order or skipped some forms?
    The order seems to be slightly random. There's obviously a pattern along the lines of chariots -> "Besieged/rare" mobs -> generals -> beastkings -> HNMs -> dvergr/true form.
    However, within each of those groups, the order seems to be random.

But the second group got Medusa before the generals, which could mean that the generals/beastkings are in 1 group/set, the other group did something special, or it was a mistake/error/glitch/whatever.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Imagine, that 18 hours could have been spent on doing something productive, like killing AV!

Just want to say thanks to BtL for giving it such an amazing and long attempt. There is clearly either something very big being missed or this desperately needs to be patched.

SE gave us one unkillable mob, they had their fun. 2 unkillable mobs for 2 of their 3 finished expansions is just infuriating.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

You know, I can quite easily imagine that SE intended this to be a massive 18 hours fight.

Every census shows that the overhead of level 75 players is getting larger and larger, FFXI is a game that forces cooperation.
    This fight might just be intended to force cooperation to the extreme. Not one set of players fighting for 8 or 18 hours, rather several hundred players playing about 4 hours each, sacrificing themself to the common goal, everybody just being a little gear in a big engine.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Nice try, BtL. Fuck you, SE.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Anything that takes more than a linkshell is a fucking joke. No, this isn't about cooperation, don't try to justify SE being retarded. I'd love to see the drama over what drops when you have 200 people involved though. SE needs to learn that time != difficulty.

Nice try guys, sorry SE decided to make another one of these :[

Took this like 20 mins when i got there since i heard BtL was going for it, and they were on the Khimaira form, and yeah... just ONE Fulmination went off and this happend >_<

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...810_052234.png

I passed out after PW the real form i guess repoped its lamps so i didnt know what else happend, but BtL did a awesome job and real sorry that it ended so fucked up :\

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Trollbane

I think we should make a huge fucking petition >_>.

Quote Originally Posted by shihei View Post
    LOL at the idea of fighting it for 8 hours, going to sleep, then continue fighting it when you wake up. Not alot of people are dedicated to the game as if it were their real life.
    I want to preface this by saying that I think adding an NM that you are expected to take 3/4 of a RL day or longer to kill is an entirely unreasonable thing for SE to do (twice now I guess).

But as far as people actually attempting to kill it anyway, the fight > sleep irl > fight > sleep irl > fight thing would actually probably be far less of a burden on the LS than a marathon all-at-once fight, at least for PW. You could conceivably fight it to, say, Acrolith form, kill the lamps then have teams of Lv1 + BRD sac PW overnight, in 1-2 hour shifts, then the next day get it to Vampyr form, kill lamps, and hold again over night, then finish it off the 3rd day. Dying and reraising 40 times and then handing off the responsibility to someone else wouldn't be nearly as rough as actively fighting for such a long time, provided you have 8 people willing to do it (maybe compensate them somehow lol).