Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by further View Post
    If you didn't want any publicity, why did you post on this thread that "We'll be using the PW set sometime soon."?

Why not just post AFTER you killed it?
    Since making that post I've received a good deal of helpful information via PM/IM/whatever that will help a lot in deciding our strategy. For the most part both PW threads that exist right now are rather bare-boned and unhelpful to any LS attempting to build a plan for this fight. Making a post about going for an attempt helped reach out to get information other people haven't posted yet.

That is a large part of why I posted beforehand, as it gave an opportunity for gathering outside information rather than rushing into the fight blindly. Kaeko pointed out exactly that as well... It wasn't meant as publicity, it was meant as a way of figuring shit out.

In addition, my original post about the PW sets being complete was a follow-up to the previous post I made in this topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    No new groups attempting? Or is it more of a 'we're working on it but don't want to divulge our secrets' sort of thing.
    LS has been pumping out a shitload of ZNMs, might have a PW set or two in the very near future. We've been putting off doing the higher tier NM fights but we're starting to spend more time on it now.

We have at least 24 T4 sets that we're planning to use this week. And there's enough near-complete sets for a good 10 more T4 sets in the near future... But soon as we get a PW set we'll be going for it. Shouldn't be too hard to do though, the LS has been really driven about this... Combined I think we're making like 4-8 T4 sets a week.

Hoping to see at least 1-3 PW sets out of the T4 fest!
    Is all that reason enough? Even though I shouldn't even need a reason to make a post.

And don't get hopes up about us beating it or finding out anything new, as much as I'd love to be optimistic about it I'm not counting on anything new being discovered. All we're promising is a solid attempt for 5-9 hours or so, and sharing any info on the fight we find useful.

Thread note:
    I'd rather not have to lock this thread/see it locked, as it's the only place to discuss PW at the moment. So keep the shit-flinging down, for both sides of the argument.

Seriously, no more of the 'wtf pop PW already' nor the 'wtf get off their ass' posts. Both sides drop it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Erased post per request of Rkenshin. And I agree with him, let's stop all this drama and continue with a productive thread.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Thought of this the other day but it would be really awesome to see a PW form with PW as Luzaf and the lamps as Fomor COR's. It definitely wouldn't surprise me since we've already seen Medusa + Lamia's, (I forget if there was a Gulool or Gurfurlur.), and generals + imperial soldiers.

Sagacious Sundi

Quote Originally Posted by Bozo View Post
    Thought of this the other day but it would be really awesome to see a PW form with PW as Luzaf and the lamps as Fomor COR's. It definitely wouldn't surprise me since we've already seen Medusa + Lamia's, (I forget if there was a Gulool or Gurfurlur.), and generals + imperial soldiers.
    Huh. You got me thinking, maybe the reason Gulool/Gurf didn't show up was because they're in the same "set" as the Serpent Generals, so they would've appeared later.

Luzaf would be awesome, and not much of a spoiler either, like the Alexander idea some people have.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Stuff
    I wasn't saying you should or shouldn't have made your post. I was just pointing out the fact that when you post on a public forum, you have to expect all the negatives that go along with posting on public forums. So getting upset that people are asking if you popped it yet (I didn't see anybody getting "pissed" about it, like another poster mentioned) seems a little silly to me.

I have plenty of respect for you and your LS, and I wish you guys luck. When I made my post (the one that simply said "pop?"), I was asking because I have a friend on your server, and she noticed a lot of your LS members were in the zone.

Again, good luck when your LS decides to pop it. I think we all look forward to any new information you can provide from your experience.

Let us not forget... Alexander can't move at all, and what would his lamps be? The annoying "ZOMG EYES ON ME LOL YOU DIE" BLU?

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

No, Pandemonium Warden would be a giant Alexander, and the lamps would be smaller ones, and then 2 lamps would form each leg, 1 would form each arm, and 2 would form the head, to form the ultimate Alexanderbot, a giant mechanical flying laser shooting energy sword swinging annihilating creation that would destroy all of Aydeewa in 1 fell swoop.

Everyone do yourself a huge favor and do not waste a minute more of your fucking time on this NM. Seriously, do not.

19 forms (all with 8 lamps) until you get to the last, the last mob respawns all lamps every 25%. 18 and a half hours to get that far, and we just couldn't go any further. You have to fight tougher versions of Hydra/Khim/Cerb that take hours by themselves, all beastmen kings, all besieged generals, all chariots, besieged mobs, etc.

Not fucking worth it at all.

I'll update with specific details sometime later if people really want to know more, but this is just about the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard of in a video game.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Everyone do yourself a favor and do not waste a minute more of your fucking time on this NM. Seriously, do not.

19 forms (all with 8 lamps) until you get to the last, the last respawns all lamps every 25%. 18 and a half hours to get that far, and we just couldn't go any further. You have to fight tougher versions of Hydra/Khim/Cerb that take hours by themselves, all beastmen kings, etc.

Not fucking worth it at all.

I'll update with details sometime later if people really want to know more, but this is just about the most fucking retarded thing I've ever heard of in a video game.
    Wow.

I'm speechless.

Fucking awful.

Chariots (4) > Beastmen Families (3) > Generals (5) > Vampyre > Khimiera > Hydra > Cerberus > PW.

Subduer of the Squenix
    BG Level

Summary:
    Armored Chariot
    Long-Bowed Chariot
    Battleclad Chariot
    Long-Armed Chariot
    Trolls
    Mamool
    Acrolyth
    Galka
    Elvaan
    Mithra
    Hume BLM
    Hume RNG
    Gurfurlur
    Medusa
    Gulool Ja Ja
    Vampire (Imp Lamps)
    Hydra (Dahak Lamps)
    Khimaria (Puk Lamps)
    Cerberus (Bomb Lamps)
    Dverger - after you kill all of the above he will pop with "hatched" lamps - smaller chair dudes.
    We killed all of the Lamps and at 75% he popped another 8 and regened to 100%. We attempted again but the lamps were faster this time and we wiped after killing just one.

People were passing out and getting physically ill. We decided to end it before we risked turning into a horrible new story about how video games ruin people's lives.

Fight start time: 3:30pm EST, End time: 9:00am

Fuck you SE.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Fucking awful.

Chariots (4) > Beastmen Families (3) > Generals (5) > Vampyre > Khimiera > Hydra > Cerberus > PW.
    Armored Chariot
    Long-Bow Chariot
    Battleclad Chariot
    Long-Armed Chariot

Troll Destroyers
    Mamool Ja Hussar
    Acroliths

Galka General ( +25% Movement speed )
    Elvaan General
    Mithra General
    Hume BLM
    Hume RNG

Gurfurlur the Menacing
    Medusa
    Gulool Ja Ja

Vampyr + Bats
    Hydra + Dahak
    Khimaira + Puks
    Cerberus + Bombs
    Dvergr + Mini-Dvergrs

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

brb starting new ZNM shell

Oh, and the final form of PW didn't just repop his own pets. He popped an additional 8 which all used each astral flow and wiped the entire alliance. They depopped immediately after, leaving us wiped with a regening PW and his original 8 lamps, which spammed t3 aga's and t4 spells, at super fast cast speed. Not quite instantly, but pretty damn close.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Seems like SE is still struggling to find the balance between mobs that became ridiculously easy (almost everything in the game nowadays) and challenging mobs. lol

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That is absolutely disgusting. I'm sorry you wasted 18 fruitless hours doing that, I really am. No one should ever have to dedicate that much time and effort to a video game, screw SE and their utterly retarded bi-polar game design.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

There is challenging and there is just plain stupid, 18 hours fighting something isn't challenging it's crazy. I can't believe you guys kept at it for that long but good job lol. I guess questions about AV at interviews will be changed to PW now lol

if BtL couldn't take this thing down... will there ever be justice in ffxi?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Haha, hell! The Pandemonium Warden seems like some form of joke from SE, i bet they just wanted to mess with the players alot this time. Hahaha!