BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Obsessive Joyeuse campers?

On Bahamut, there are two jp assholes who are monopolising Joyeuses... sometimes it appears as though they sell, and other times they seem to simply toss the sword.

Names are Nakakei and Nakaken, of some JP HNMLS. They camp every single window of Charybdis imaginable and from correspondance with my friends, it is observed that they NEVER log off and make his every window. On top of that, they predict exactly where the PH (or NM) will pop in the room with unerring accuracy, and know on the second whether one manta has popped outside of the room... possible use of bots.

Attempts to GM have (predictably) led to nothing, and at this stage it's just incredibly annoying that these worthless monopolising jp scum, probably played by multiple people, appear to be selling or simply tossing the sword and potentially using bots to this end. I was just making this post with intention to warn anyone on Bahamut server that as long as those pathetic worms are down there, getting a Joyeuse may be nigh on impossible. REPORT THEM. GET THEM BANNED. Somehow.

And yes, lolJoyeuse drama I know, hence why I made this post in Newbie. I'd be interested if any similar behaviour occurred on other servers?

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Won't be easy to get them banned. As long as they aren't POS hacking or warp hacking, will be hard to get them on claimbot only. And there's no rule to how often you're allowed to camp a NM so you can't get them there either.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Get the task force on them. Isn't there a rule about monopolizing nms?

assburgers
    BG Level

After you live in that hole long enough, you get to know EVERY single thing that goes on down there.

Only thing you could definitely say is they are monopolizing it, but they could be claiming and having people in their shell zone into SSG, get drop, etc.

I camped it for a week straight, every pop, and I knew when they popped outside the room, when the PH and fake PH would pop, everything... and I'm on PS2.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Get the task force on them. Isn't there a rule about monopolizing nms?
    I believe thats strictly for RMT purposes. I got worried when i claimed 5 serkets in a row and was camping for 3 weeks straight so I called a GM and ask if I could get in trouble for it. He said no theres no limit to how much I can cmp a NM.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, before I called a GM on them the first time, the leader of the two (Nakakei -- the mage appears to be dualboxed, always on /follow and carries out specific behaviour if you know what I mean) had a search comment which I had a friend translate for me since it was in JP; it basically said "selling NM sword, /tell". Since I called the GM, this comment has changed to "selling speed shoes, /tell", apparently. They leave only to go to whitegate, possibly to make transactions so they're less traceable.

I was calling a GM firstly to report the monopolisation and griefing, then suggesting third party tools may be responsible for their unnerving claim accuracy. In both cases, the GM only directly addressed the third party issue, suggesting that they may not consider this monopolisation a violation of the rules of the game.

And yeah, Max, I can appreciate that you'd know the mob inside-out by that stage, but given small inaccuracies taking a ToD due to lag and the fact that NMs can repop slightly late on the whole, I wouldn't risk going to check outside until I was sure it wasn't gonna pop on the inside, whereas he always knows on the second. Perhaps this is simply a case of him knowing it better than myself.

At any rate, this is very annoying; trying to get a Joyeuse for my significant other at the moment and it's not going too well <_<

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I know the NM can be duoed but are they perfecting the kill each time? It's hard to imagine that it can go perfect for them each and every time.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, I've never seen them wipe and haven't heard of them wiping; the setup they are using is THF+RDM. I'm not a mage so I can't account for the mage's gear, but the THF's gear is very good, evasion setup is identical to mine and TP gear is also almost identical except he has Homam Hands instead of Dusk Gloves; clearly not an RMT-grown account, potentially bought but I don't think so.

They make a few slip ups occasionally; sometimes Cross Attack gets through and takes the THF to low HP, but they tend to take it down fairly cleanly, RDM rarely has to use Convert etc.

They could probably see the manta pop outside the room if they had windower's wireframe mode enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    On Bahamut, there are two jp assholes who are monopolising Joyeuses...

Attempts to GM have (predictably) led to nothing, and at this stage it's just incredibly annoying that these worthless monopolising jp scum, ... that as long as those pathetic worms are down there, getting a Joyeuse may be nigh on impossible. REPORT THEM. GET THEM BANNED. Somehow.
    There's no reason to call people scum and pathetic worms. Have you ever considered that there are people from their LS logging in and lotting the sword, or they are trying to help people. I mean if you were getting mad at them for camping, I'm sure they wouldn't help you. Don't call people scum, and if they aren't using botting or third party tools, then you just have to fight for claim.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Edit: NVM

Epic fail'd

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

While it sucks you're not able to get the Joytoy for your old lady what they are doing isn't technically "illegal." I think the only way you're going to get them banned is if they are using bots for this. But at what point does it become monopolization? Especially if they are selling the sword. Myself personally, the next time they are fighting Chary try and pop Zuug the Shoreleaper. Run in and hard DC in the back of the room near the Sahagin NPC.

Odds are you're going to eat a death doing this. I even popped Invincible and still logged back in dead. But when you vanish Zuug is going to take his kiting path right through where they will be fighting. Even if they try to run out of the room there is no safe spot for them to go unless they sleep everything and flee to the room with the giant pool. And if they do that, do the same exact thing with Novv the Whitehearted. I used to do this shit all the time to RMT's on Cait Sith. Do it often enough and they'll get the message, or you'll get banned. Either way it should be fun.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xythe View Post
    There's no reason to call people scum and pathetic worms. Have you ever considered that there are people from their LS logging in and lotting the sword, or they are trying to help people. I mean if you were getting mad at them for camping, I'm sure they wouldn't help you. Don't call people scum, and if they aren't using botting or third party tools, then you just have to fight for claim.
    Yah, I'm just angry with 'em :/ they've been down there for weeks, either they have a huge huge LS and friendlist or they're selling; something the search comment backs up.

I tried using wireframe and couldn't see outside there from the centre of the room where they typically stand, of course I could be wrong.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They weren't there when I got mine. And I've partied with Nakakei while leveling his thf and he was always nice. Just give it time and let them leave, they'll tire of it eventually.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh, heya Drew :D how long ago was it you got yours? They show no signs of tiring yet, but if they will then that's a relief!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Chary is like the best mob to skill up Parry/shield/guard up on. MAYBE THAT'S WHY!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Get some friends and bring them along.

or, buy the sword from them.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serefina Solfyre
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Getting some friends reduces the chance of being outclaimed but buying the sword feels so wrong when we've worked hard for it and if it wasn't for some greedy ass jps we'd have it twice over by now :/

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    After you live in that hole long enough, you get to know EVERY single thing that goes on down there.
    Lol, that's exactly what I was thinking. It was like walking around the tunnels was like looking down a path in my soul. Just... stand in a spot and you have this vision of a mob popping in front of you 5 seconds before it does...

Camping down there for that kind of timeframe (a week++) does seriously screw with your mind. I would highly suggest avoiding it, especially since they took dama cloth off the loot from the fish NM there like 3.5 years ago (thus eliminating the only possibly good thing about wasting hours of your life). Between camping for Joy and spending a freaking month getting the quest items for a shot at Mermaid's ring, I still refuse to enter SSG unless I'm going to Norg and it's absolutely necessary.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

When I was camping to get it, there were at least 40 other people there for over a week straight. I had to give up and come back about two or three weeks later when it died down.

I'd just give it some time. Guarantee in a week or two they'll be gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast