+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Heroes Season 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Season 1 felt really well thought out and planned to me. I couldn't even make it half way through Season 2 because it felt like they dropped any planning ahead and just decided to make it as they went along.

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    No goddamn character development. Characters like Nathan and Matt are somewhat interesting. But that teenage make-up monster ruins the whole show.
    QFT. they need to show less of hayden, the whole of series two she was QQing about something, the whole micha/monica thing ok was good, he taught her about her ability and revealed to her she was the hero St. Joan from the 9th Wonders Comic. personally i think they should have just let the mexicans die, she QQed about as much as claire.

But the good news was that they said they were gonna sum up the whole end of the generations story arc in the season premier, they should hopefully clear up the whole nathan/nikki alive or dead & caitlin being brought back or left in the future. i think all this is really accumulating to some sort of plot twist for peter, hopefully with him being less of a pussy.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Lost all faith in the show with season two. First couple episodes this season will need to show tremendous improvement for me not to stop watching entirely.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The writer's strike actually only changed how the last s2 episode ended. They were already planning for 2 arcs for s2 but obviously didn't get to do the second arc for the season because of the strike. They changed the last episode's ending to compensate a bit.

I love how people lost all respect for the show with season 2 when they have already said the writer's strike was one of the main causes it sucked. Every other show sucked when the writer's strike started and I didn't expect Heroes to be any different.

Plus with the comment of a 2-3 hour premiere, I am pretty sure it will be with limited commercial interruption, way better than a premiere without.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    The draw to this show to me was the fact that despite everyone's separate storylines, they were all indirectly connected to each other, their plots ran into eachother.
    You must be a huge fan of Seinfeld then.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I just loved how they saved the world in season 2 and Peter's girlfriend got left in the bad future.
    I expect her to show up again somewhere, somehow. That's a mighty big loose end for her to be abandoned. I think that her story not getting wrapped up might have occurred due to the writer's strike forcing the condensing of Season 2. A simple scene of having Hiro and Peter rescue her from the alternate future could be an interesting couple of episodes.

I think there's a lot of great serial dramas that suffer a bit from the sophomore slump (Lost comes to mind, although it's slump peaked near the beginning of the third). The first season is wrapped up, and the storylines resolved, and you have to start over to some extent. What was enthralling before (plot development) because you were discovering the characters and getting to know them is no longer exciting, and the pure plot development episodes are a little more tedious. Either you're introducing characters that we don't care about (the Mexicans/Micah's cousin) to try to recapture the "discovery" magic, or you're trying to take characters that have already been through the action stage and try to reduce them down to the introductory pace again. It's hard to maintain the pace that was built up by the first season's last few episodes. I think many of the mistakes they made last year they have learned from and will have a more successful season this time around.

Lost is a good example of a show that lost its initial luster a little bit, then found its momentum again and is as strong as ever. I really hope that Heroes follows the same pattern.

I would imagine the mystique of new characters, seeing how there are 12 people on level 5, will come back with this season.

Also, the question of who is a hero or who is a villain will keep people guessing.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Heroes is one of those show that have good ideas, but executed them poorly more often than not.

The biggest issue I have is that they don't know what kind of show they want to give to the viewer. Instead of doing a "super heroes" show with original drama element, they are often going for an horrible teen soap opera and ignore the "super heroes" part everyone want to see. The writer need an original story and stick to it, like they did with Lost and many other well written show. Don't try to write a travesty to please everyone, because it's going to fail horribly.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia View Post
    Heroes is one of those show that have good ideas, but executed them poorly more often than not.

The biggest issue I have is that they don't know what kind of show they want to give to the viewer. Instead of doing a "super heroes" show with original drama element, they are often going for an horrible teen soap opera and ignore the "super heroes" part everyone want to see. The writer need an original story and stick to it, like they did with Lost and many other well written show. Don't try to write a travesty to please everyone, because it's going to fail horribly.
    You must be joking.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

That Heroes writting suck? No.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I think he's saying you must be joking about Lost being a well-written show.

Banned.

BG Level

The worst thing about Claire: She was suppose to grow up at the end of Season 1. She saved the world and all that shit, she should at least act a little above her age(not that girls at her age always incredibly childish and weak). Season 2 felt like filler at the end of a series-changing arc, but has yet to begin the new arc. Like nothing happened. She still wanted to try out for the cheer leading team.

God damn. Hayden is a piece of shit and if you think she's good in the show you are one too. UGH! I don't think I'm going to bother watching.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I think he's saying you must be joking about Lost being a well-written show.
    I know, he bolded it. I simply sent him back the question, because I dont want to argue with a 4 words post.

Maybe he doesnt like Lost, but the writting is still better than it is for Heroes in overall.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Both had good season ones.

Both have been shit since.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Hayden can do all the Q_Qing she wants as long as she looks hot enough and doesn't take too much time during episodes. Season 2 only sucked because of the writer's strike and then having to like rush and awkwardly finish the season. Season 3 will be good without a doubt, especially since Sylar is back.

They need to show less of hayden, yeah shes hot, but if we wanna see hot chicks, thats what the interweb is for.

iirc she has featured in every episode, just to get the teenage male cock viewer ratings up.

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I am looking forward to Season 3.

I am not looking forward to all the people who will fell the need to post in the season 3 thread after every ep to inform us how stupid the show is.

Gunitsoldier

Agree with BRP on the overfocussing on that goddamn cheerleader.

@ Kaylia: I've seen Lost completely and I must say, the last season is goddamn complicated and confusing. I trust the next season will explain alot but damn, all that future and past footage tossed in a blender confuses the shit out of me. So much theories you can have about too much, they can go any direction right now. Any.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    They need to show less of hayden, yeah shes hot, but if we wanna see hot chicks, thats what the interweb is for.

iirc she has featured in every episode, just to get the teenage male cock viewer ratings up.
    Spoiler: show
    If you don't like Hayden, you won't like the next season. She is the focus character, and she turns "evil".