Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

How does this look: Cloth 0-60

Tried doing a search, but most topics were 99>100. Was hoping a few people can look this over and let me know if I missed anything:

1-3: Grass Thread
    3-4: Grass Cloth
    4-8: Cape
    8-9: Desynth Gob armor?
    9-11: Cotton Thread
    11-12: Cotton Cloth
    12-15: Red Grass Thread
    or
    12-15: Cotton Headgear - npc?
    15-18: Cotton Cape
    18ish-20: Cotton Headband - npc?
    20-22: Linen Cloth
    22-24: Heko Obi - npc
    24-30: Fly Lure Breaks
    30-33: Wool Thread (Gigas necklaces)
    33-35: Wool Thread (gigas socks)
    35-37: Wool Cloth
    37-39: Flax Headband
    39-41: Mohbwa Thread
    Square Of Mohbwa Cloth Wiki has the cap listed at 41 can that be right?
    41-45: Velvet Cloth
    45-51: Silk Thread
    OR
    45-52: Insect Fletchings
    52-60: Green Ribbons

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

can depend on your subcrafts. When i went from 0-60 i was usually profiting while skilling up (within the last year). I never did desynth since it usually resulted in no skillup and lost item.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saithorx View Post
    can depend on your subcrafts. When i went from 0-60 i was usually profiting while skilling up (within the last year). I never did desynth since it usually resulted in no skillup and lost item.
    I just hit 90 leather which is why I'm looking into this sub asap. Currently the only thing leveled other than leather is cloth 7. Would you mind being more specific as to it depends on my subcrafts. Do you mean bone and gold since I saw a few synths along the way with those subs needed? Or near break even selling stuff like seer's?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

not really... It changes often.
    I spent hours (usually at work) planning what I will craft, and sometimes when I get to a certain level, the profit shifts elsewhere or there is no profit because someone else just undercut the item badly while skilling up on it. You may choose to wait till prices rise again, or skill up another craft or go do something else.

Look for Fast selling, profitable/low-loss things to craft.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/recipe.php?guild_id=3&tier=1

Sanoske

Don't ever desynth for skill.

I had a CC guide, but I long since deleted it. Here's what I remember. I'm actually about to do this myself, since my LC mule is in the same boat yours is in.

0-2: Grass Thread
    2-4: Grass Cloth
    4-8: Cape
    8-11: Hachimaki
    11-15: Red Grass Thread (When I did this on my main, I did Yag Fletchings, but since my CC is now leveled I can synth on mule for skillups and send to main and make Baron's gear for some small profit.)
    15-16: Red Grass Cloth
    16-22: Yagudo Fletchings
    22-24: Heko Obi (bridge synth)
    24-29: Kaginawa - This sells decently for about break even, and will give you an excuse to start Smithing sub.
    29-34: Shinobi-tabi - Same deal as Kaginawa, minus the Smithing.
    34-36: Wool Thread
    36-37: Wool Cloth
    37-42: Bird Fletchings
    42-51: Silk Thread/Insect Fletchings
    51-53: Silk Cloth
    53-60: Hunter's Cotton (If you make your own Carapace Powder, its another excuse to level a subcraft. Caps at 21 BC I think. Cheaper than Ribbons in the long run. I would say do a bridge synth since Cotton technically caps at 63, but there are none that are worth the effort.)

Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yay for this thread. I really need to get off my ass and do my gold mule's cloth sub. It's just that doing the same sub again and again and again gets really old after a while. :/

At least it's not gold sub though. I've done gold 1-60 three times now. ><

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't forget about Hemp Gorgets!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Red Grass on my server is hard to come by unless you harvest it yourself which I was too impatient for. I did Hachimaki and then a little cotton to bridge the gap to fletchings. Yag flechings are too cheap and abundant to not use as soon as you can. I didn't care about breaks on them beacause I npc'd them anyway. Also, desysnth Yag necklaces for all your grass.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For crazy cheap synths, can start at 10 levels before cap. A lot of breaks but should be manageable with +3 support.

Assuming this is assuming that all the other alternatives are much more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomk View Post
    Red Grass on my server is hard to come by unless you harvest it yourself which I was too impatient for. I did Hachimaki and then a little cotton to bridge the gap to fletchings. Yag flechings are too cheap and abundant to not use as soon as you can. I didn't care about breaks on them beacause I npc'd them anyway. Also, desysnth Yag necklaces for all your grass.
    I started harvesting for cotton in low levels since it can get quite expensive and ended up getting about 3 stacks of Red Grass in Giddeus. Didn't take long at all.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tymora View Post
    For crazy cheap synths, can start at 10 levels before cap. A lot of breaks but should be manageable with +3 support.

Assuming this is assuming that all the other alternatives are much more expensive.
    I am definitely going the crazy cheap way.

Quote Originally Posted by XanthePandy View Post
    I started harvesting for cotton in low levels since it can get quite expensive and ended up getting about 3 stacks of Red Grass in Giddeus. Didn't take long at all.
    Sorry for any misunderstanding, it is a viable way. I just do not have that much time. It's even way more profitable. Without gear, and about 4 stacks of sickles I would get about a stack and a half of Red Moko Grass in Giddeus. Which is not even a stack of thread. So ultimately about 3 Red Grass Cloths in 4 hours of harvesting. Given breaks and my crappy math. If you got the time, go for it.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sanoske View Post
    53-60: Hunter's Cotton (If you make your own Carapace Powder, its another excuse to level a subcraft. Caps at 21 BC I think. Cheaper than Ribbons in the long run. I would say do a bridge synth since Cotton technically caps at 63, but there are none that are worth the effort.)
    I finished up cloth with Green Ribbons and it was ~break even NPCing them. Your mileage may of course vary.

Sanoske

Quote Originally Posted by Tankjr View Post
    I finished up cloth with Green Ribbons and it was ~break even NPCing them. Your mileage may of course vary.
    Ah. When I did it, Ribbons were still a pretty decent loss. But this was a loooong time ago. Mainly I like that for the excuse to do skill a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomk View Post
    Fletchings are almost inevitably a good choice when you hit the skill level to do them.

Far as red grass, West Saruta [S] is actually a nice place to harvest with a high level character. The other stuff you'll get adds up and red grass shows up more often there than in the present day harvesting points.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I did 0-45 in the midst of the 2005 holiday season in about 48 hours; using approximately this route: - I think it cost a net of 100k total even going that fast.

key to this is to check guild every time you can to build up cheap cotton ball supplies. you'll need alot of cotton

grass thread
    grass cloth
    cape -> (npc)
    cotton cloth -> (ah)
    Red Grass Thread -> (ah)*
    linen thread -> (ah)*
    yag fletchings -> (npc)
    fly lure breaks -> (npc)
    shinobi-tabi -> (ah/use)**
    bird fletchings -> (npc)***
    silver thread -> (ah)****

that met my goal (ability to make corsages) I continued after that at a more sedate pace:

Insect Fletchings -> (npc)
    Silk Cloth -> (ah/keep for ribbon)+
    Scarlet Linen Cloth -> (ah)+
    Gold Thread -> (ah)++
    Green Ribbon -> (npc)

*you can do linen thread instead but will need to cap out cotton cloth first
    *alternately, you could skip linen and red grass and go straight to yag fletchings; I did red grass and linen because they were profit, sold fast as hell, and built cash for later levels
    **if wool thread is profit and these aren't on your server, you can do wool thread instead; tabi sell much faster though you will make many more stacks of them
    ***mobhwa thread wasn't available when I did this. if mobhwa is profit, could do some of that to recoup costs of all the npc'ing you've been doing to this point. watch sell rate though
    **** requires gs sub; was profit at the time I did it, may be bad now. check velvet cloth(silk+2xwool) on your server as well. if neither is profit, just go straight to insect fletchings.
    + both of these were profit on my server, and a nice change of pace from 80billion fletchings. if not good profit they can be skipped. used to build funds for green ribbon
    ++ gold thread was profit; requires high gs sub; can skip if no gs skill. used to build funds for green ribbon

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I just took cloth from 11-22 very cheaply skipping the expensive red grass thread/cloth with Yagudo Fletchings. Check your windy/sandy AH's. While on Odin the Jueno AH sells stacks of Yag feathers for 1,000g each slowly, Windy and Sandy sell stacks for about 200g each in quantity. Windy itself had 25 stacks up, ranging between 200 and 300g each. While of course this was a little bit of a loss, the skill ups were incredibly fast especially using advanced support until I was 17. I'm guessing it was still quite a bit cheaper, easier, and faster than messing with red moko.

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    I just took cloth from 11-22 very cheaply skipping the expensive red grass thread/cloth with Yagudo Fletchings. Check your windy/sandy AH's. While on Odin the Jueno AH sells stacks of Yag feathers for 1,000g each slowly, Windy and Sandy sell stacks for about 200g each in quantity. Windy itself had 25 stacks up, ranging between 200 and 300g each. While of course this was a little bit of a loss, the skill ups were incredibly fast especially using advanced support until I was 17. I'm guessing it was still quite a bit cheaper, easier, and faster than messing with red moko.
    Red Moko is one of those things you can synth-to-profit as opposed to synth-for-cheap with Yagudo feathers.

Which is in reality incredibly easy to do for Yagudo feathers. Run around Sarutabaruta and gank every chicken-man you see. Necklaces either = grass thread or turnins for Tenshodo fame, feathers are synth fodder, and you can also Steal cotton off the mandragoras as you wander around for good measure. I just ran in circles around the harvesting area in West Saruta, killing and chopping up points for more supplies.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    Red Moko is one of those things you can synth-to-profit as opposed to synth-for-cheap with Yagudo feathers.

Which is in reality incredibly easy to do for Yagudo feathers. Run around Sarutabaruta and gank every chicken-man you see. Necklaces either = grass thread or turnins for Tenshodo fame, feathers are synth fodder, and you can also Steal cotton off the mandragoras as you wander around for good measure. I just ran in circles around the harvesting area in West Saruta, killing and chopping up points for more supplies.
    Oh absolutely, I wasn't bashing the red moko path one bit. In a perfect world I would have experimented with harvesting in the past and made a real nice profit on this stage. However, time didn't permit this, so I took the quick way out

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

when most people say 'profit synth' in this forum; we don't mean "if you farm your own materials" that's not profit because those materials have value (and by extension: using them has a cost) to wit: the value they would have if they were sold on the AH.

so when I (and many others) say 'this is profit' we mean it's profit if you buy all your materials on the AH/from vendors and sell to the AH (depending on synth in question).

if the best thing you can do with your time to raise funds is harvest; then by all means go harvest. if the best you can do with your time to raise funds is BCNM then go bcnm and buy your materials. don't do non-optimal things with your time to make something 'cost less' when you lose money (making it cost more) to do it.^^

(although I see that red grass is not profit for you on odin) so I wouldn't have done it either for you.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This thread is perfect for something thats been a pain in my ass for the last couple of months.

Currently my cloth mule is at 54. I blew through 2 stacks of carapace powder from 53-54, and went through 2 stack of silk cloth with only one skill up. I KNOW this is one of the shittiest stretches of all crafts, so I'm not looking for pity.

So Should I
    A: Stick with hunters cotton, even though i'm Q_Qing at the profit lost on not making ninja sneak tools (I desynth antican robes I get while farming in QSC, so its not costing me anything)
    B: Stick with farming silk in buburimu while getting other mats
    C: Level gold, and use all the ingots to make gold thread since lots of high level CC stuff uses gold sub

A makes me a little money, B makes me a moderate amount but C...I don't really know what i'm looking at with C since I've never tried mining for gold ore / farming for coins. Money isn't really a huge whoopdeedoo, but I like to either not have to buy mats off AH or keep my mules self sufficient and farm up random bullshit on my main.