Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level

Fire Arrows and ranger foods

RNG Lv48 here...

Possibly silly question, but is the add effect on fire arrows comparable to Holy Bolts and, if so, is it enhanced by wearing a Vulcan Staff? I'm trying to plan ahead for colibri where crossbow is said to be less hot.

Regarding foods,
    Is there a way to determine the best meat progression? I'm a little confused about computing my Ranged Attack value since it's not displayed on the equipment screen. I've been estimating (skill + STR/2) but does Velocity Shot affect this and possibly change the optimal food? So far I've been using dhalmel pie. The next step would be the "60 cap aka made from cockatrice" tier, but those dishes seem hard to find.

In the Lv50-60 range, is a War Bow+1 competitive with Musketeer Gun/Silver Bullet or is it Eury/Vali onry? I can probably guess the answer but that's going to be a huge number of bullets...

Thanks in advance.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

elem arrow proc is very very low, its not holy bolt type, they are good damage arrows butt hats about it
    eurytos/valis outpreforms everything at that level
    food wise its been a while but I think I was eating either sushi of dhalmel pies/subs at that level

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa View Post
    elem arrow proc is very very low, its not holy bolt type, they are good damage arrows butt hats about it
    eurytos/valis outpreforms everything at that level
    food wise its been a while but I think I was eating either sushi of dhalmel pies/subs at that level
    Butt hats. They are good damaging arrows.

Only the pre-ToAU elemental arrows are sucky. Like added effect of at most 12-15. Those are lightning, fire, and ice.

The ToAU introduced elemental arrows have much closer added effects to those of holy bolts. However, they are earth, wind, and water elements... and that sucks. They are also 2-5x more expensive. Of course, they are modded by INT, instead of MND like holy bolts.

Or that's what I've heard, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Butt hats. They are good damaging arrows.
    I lol'd

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjiyan View Post
    Only the pre-ToAU elemental arrows are sucky. Like added effect of at most 12-15. Those are lightning, fire, and ice.

The ToAU introduced elemental arrows have much closer added effects to those of holy bolts. However, they are earth, wind, and water elements... and that sucks. They are also 2-5x more expensive. Of course, they are modded by INT, instead of MND like holy bolts.

Or that's what I've heard, at least.
    From my non-scientific-at-all tests, performed when these arrows were added to the game, Wind and Water ones seemed pretty good (meaning I had the gut feeling the added effect could be compared to Holy Bolts, if you had an INT build for your RNG)...but Earth arrows were just bad on most mobs.

I wish S-E finally added new, usefull and available arrows someday :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue View Post
    I lol'd
    Indeed. I had to read it a second time to see what it really said, then I read it a third time because butt hats is funny.

New Merits
    BG Level

That's a shame, I was hoping they would match up with Vulcan and I'd feel all clever. I guess I'll take Bodkins for a spin.

Or maybe just bite the bullet and use Musketeer/Silver. I have some gun merits that will result in early Slug Shot. D: