+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I watched 1, was very unimpressed and felt like I fell into an overrated trap again, watched 2 and was more pleased, can't wait for 3! Watching it later.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The first two acts were all merriment and joyfulness and mirth, then comes the end of the third acts and its like he shoved our faces through a car window.

I was going to write how the ending was so disheartening, but really when you think about it, he is a masterful storyteller in that he was able to elicit such an emotional response. So even though the ending was depressing, my invitation for Joss Whedon to have my babies is still open.

Wow, that was very, very entertaining. Thank you for pointing it out to me.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

watched 3, was nice! A more fleshed out version of this show would be awesome.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

*tear*

Very glad I had the chance to see these, another stroke of genius!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    The first two acts were all merriment and joyfulness and mirth, then comes the end of the third acts and its like he shoved our faces through a car window.

I was going to write how the ending was so disheartening, but really when you think about it, he is a masterful storyteller in that he was able to elicit such an emotional response. So even though the ending was depressing, my invitation for Joss Whedon to have my babies is still open.
    This is exactly why Joss Whedon has such a huge fanbase, IMO, he's very good at switching between hilarity and heartbreaking pain, without making the transition feel unnatural or forced.

Also, LOL @ groupies.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

David Fury and Marti Noxon being the newspeople caught my funnybone, that was a pretty funny homage.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Simply amazing. I wish there was a whole lot more of this. THE POTENTIAL IS ENDLESS.

Such a depressing ending.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Koyuki View Post
    Such a depressing ending.
    is it really? I don't know, maybe I'm desensitised by everything but the <spoilerific event in episode 3> didn't phase me at all Not going to say it's predictable, but it did feel cliché and a somewhat forced attempt at the tugging of heartstrings.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So who all lol'd at "My penis is the hammer."?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That was my favorite line in the trilogy along with, "I think this is what pain feels like!" The ending was very sad, but overall I really enjoyed it. A fun little project.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

funniest part of all? them filming it on the tour portion of the universal backlot and not even trying to make it look different lol.

Sleep Deprived Galka BLM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    So who all lol'd at "My penis is the hammer."?
    The exact line is "The hammer is my penis." and I laughed like hell at it. It's a great all purpose phrase.

Predictably Unpredictable
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Wow, awesome. Want more.

Its still up, just finished watching it and damn... I would love to see more of this, but I'm afraid that if more did appear then it would devalue the original three. The end felt like I was thrown off a building, then kidney punched til I blacked out.

All hail Joss Whedon.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by Trichocyst View Post
    That was my favorite line in the trilogy along with, "I think this is what pain feels like!" The ending was very sad, but overall I really enjoyed it. A fun little project.
    that, and the groupies "We do the weird stuff"

House Azazael
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I missed the 3rd ep

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm not sure why so many of you are disappointed by the ending; I thought it was rather interesting, even if depressing.

If you bought it on itunes, go back and watch again, and you'll notice that in act 2 Billy is lamenting that the darkness inside himself is taking over, and the good will be gone. All of his ambitions were fueled by his love for Penny, even if they were of the evil/world domination variety; once she died, all he had left was his Dr. Horrible persona, so he completely encapsulated himself inside it (a change in wardrobe, gloves to remove an aspect of human contact, and even pulling his goggles down over his face when going to meet with the ELE), leaving Billy to cope with the pain of the loss.

The irony in the whole thing is that Penny was already seeing how shallow Cpt. Hammer was even before the press conference, and she even looked forward to the daily meeting at the laundromat; I forget which act, but she's there singing longingly and eating yogurt, with a 2nd bowl set aside for Billy who never shows up because he's been consumed by his bitterness toward the unfairness of how a jerk like Hammer could win the girl that Billy has always just been too shy to approach, and is finalizing his plans to take over. Had he only bided his time, he very likely would have had another shot.

There's some interesting discussion on how you can interpret the ending on the forum section of the dr horrible site, for those who may be inclined.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Agreed wholeheartedly. I like a good tragedy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast