Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

FFXILFP: an idea about a website that allows you to search for multiple jobs at once...

OK,

I have an idea for a website allowing you to search on multiple jobs at one time, as well as searching for other parties looking for any number of things from skillups, missions, to assault. I have have started a topic on the idea in the windower forums (those guys seem to know how to get things done). See forum topic here:

http://forums.windower.net/index.php?showtopic=12915

The idea is fairly simple, there would be a website where you would go and register, selecting which jobs you were wanting to exp, along with any other parties or events you might be interested in. There is some talk of a windower plugin, but in my opinion, that is secondary. This would be open to all platforms.

In any event, I am looking for development help in the idea. I have already registered a URL: www.ffxilfp.com, and I am willing to fund the cost of the registration and the cost of the hosting. I do not have the programming capabilities or the time needed to design the website needed. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you,
    Drunktexan of Phoenix

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

you should have a plugin developed at the same time that poked the website when you are seeking if you type in the console command, that way people can list which jobs they are seeking on and when they get a pt it takes it off the website

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Awesome idea

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

sounds good..as long as people really commit to what they say

would suck also if it they dont update it, i.e. you find someone who was lfg for an assault and he/she/it has it done but forgot to update his FFXILFP profile...
    stuff like that ya' know

United States of Smash!
    BG Level

I really like this idea and I hope you set it up so you can use it with or without windower. It would be really cool if it could some how get your xp tnl for the jobs you were lfp on. Like you register that you want to seek pt on war sam and nin for instance and on the site it shows your levels of each job and how much xp till you level again.

Would that even be possible?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I would definitely use this in website form.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If this gets the same attention and effort FFXIAH did, it could be the next great FFXI tool. You just have to make sure that the site auto-updates (relatively quickly, NOT like FFXIAH) when someone drops flag so people aren't in the dark regarding who's actually seeking and who isn't.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Well, right now it is still in the idea phase unfortunately. I am looking for qualified individuals to help bring this to a functional stage. At this point I do not know if something like this would ever get the nod from SE. I know the FFXIAH functions with the blessing of SE (I have read that they access AH info without the use of bots somehow). If something like that could ever happen with this site, that would be awesome.

Realistically, I am thinking that a website that people use to set up multiple searches on would be most beneficial. As far as people keeping it updated, a /tell should should solve the problem...

Like I said, still in the idea phase, I still need someone with the programming capabilities to help me out. I will provide the URL and the hosting needed...

The way I can see this being successful is if it has a way to pull your info and automatically update the website.

If it requires user updates then it's bound to fail.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by drunktexan View Post
    link is broke

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I know the FFXIAH functions with the "blessing" of SE (I have read that they access AH info without the use of bots somehow). If something like that could ever happen with this site, that would be awesome.
    I wouldn't say with the blessing of SE, I'd say SE would have to re-write how the AH exists, otherwise we'd have had FFXIAH dead a long time ago. Japan have a fascination with keeping everything hush hush and private, something tells me they wouldn't want their userbase completely traceable via AH transactions unless they are doing it themselves (via task force)

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by drunktexan View Post
    I know the FFXIAH functions with the blessing of SE (I have read that they access AH info without the use of bots somehow). If something like that could ever happen with this site, that would be awesome.
    They do not use bots (in the FFXI sense), and they don't have SE's (explicit) blessing or approval. If I were you, I would be extremely careful as to how you approach any kind of interaction with the game outside of the client itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Darus Grey View Post
    The way I can see this being successful is if it has a way to pull your info and automatically update the website.

If it requires user updates then it's bound to fail.
    Also, this.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Good idea, I wish SE would put this in the game already, so you could farm on one job while seeking on another.
    With regards to people forgetting to update if they needed an Assault, skillup, exp PT or w/e, you could have them timeout after a period of time. Or prehaps some option for the times when they were avaiable for those things. (i.e not sleeping or at work, etc)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This is actually something that could be integrated into FFXIAH since they already have the tools to strip character information from LSCom statistics.

How I imagine it would be introduced is some way of searching for people with jobs around your level, and then with time schedules (which would have to be input before hand) that you could compare to your self, such as.

Search > Select job(s): MNK SAM NIN WAR WHM RDM BRD > Level Range: 55-58 > Select time: 1600-2200 GMT > Go! > Search results found: 20 people who matched your query.

Then it would show you each person, and give you a PM icon to set up dates for leveling, or to contact about possibly staticing with.

Though that's just my idea of how it would work with FFXIAH, it could be very different depending on how another site chooses to implement this idea.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I like this idea. If it does scan the LS Community please have a function for people to tag/assign/make available/w/e which jobs and missions that they want to be contacted about. I know people would not like to be bugged about a rdm job that they haven't played in over a year and don't have gear for.

If the plan is to include real time in-game status please have it update fast and have some ablility to make people unavailable and/or show that they are currently in a party.

Great idea! I look forward to it.

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Make sure that site security is as high if not a higher priority than the actual functionality of the website.

As far as keeping user status up to date, if it can't be automated or semi-automated you could just set it up so that if somebody doesn't update their status after a default period of time (like, say, a week) it either gets listed as inactive or removed.

Raskolnikov filibuster deoxymonohydroxinate
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Also giving a nod and agreeing with what people are saying here.

If you can't get it to somehow be auto-updating, like ffxah, at least have it remove people who don't update it regularly.

I'm sure ideally we'd all love it to be real-time updated information but if it's at least updated on a weekly basis it would be used.

LFP on other jobs while farming on another would probably only work if it was auto-updated. Things like Assault and Missions and interests in quests, BCNM's, ect. could be useful updated on a weekly notice.

Just have to get enough people to use it in that case.

I am a Cockwhistle
    BG Level

I would kill for this feature. Kill. Something to let me seek on multiple jobs, or have a page where you can edit your gear / list merits, flag up there as well as in-game (I could care less about it being a windower plugin), and know like minded folks will do the same would be the most momentous thing in recent FFXI history. Make player pages very simply URLs like "www.ffxilfg.com/<Server>/<Name>, so you can put it in your /seacom as well.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The only way this will work is if it was somehow realtime. Maybe you can setup a bot to search for people with those pink dot or some random color search comments, and people can put some special text there that translates into something on the website.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This is one of the best ideas to come along in a long time.

You could do different levels of functionality. Even if it is just LFP, you could just have a database that basically lets you enter in a ticket that says you are currently looking for a party on X jobs which are Y levels. To prevent people from leaving open tags, you can set them to expire after a certain amount of time by default, like an hour or 90 minutes, but let them be able to be set for longer periods of time.

I am pretty sure this can be done in php, as I have worked with a similar idea under a completely different subject to decent effect. You would probably want to draw in the information from the POL LS Community but also have an option for those that don't use it to add their own information. You should have stable accounts for each person that registers, then add the ability to adjust the information on the site, because the POL LS Community is not updated often enough to be precise.

It would be amazing if there was a way to scan search comments and then automatically have them updated on the website, but even if this wasn't possible, just having a place that people can go and do a quick search for people that want to party will be a boon.

The ultimate integration would definitely be a windower plug-in that could access the website database to draw information directly into the console. But I think this might be more difficult than it sounds for security reasons and it might require an overhaul of the console itself, just for being able to read the results.

Once the LFP system was set-up, running and stable, you could add a myriad of functions, like crafting, missions, pop NMs, or even Limbus or Salvage requests. And if a decent search and sorting function was added you could have the ability to browse open tickets for events instead of having to look for shouts in Whitegate.

Honestly, in a community this large and old, I have to wonder how an idea this good didn't come up before. As long as someone is willing to host this and someone is willing to program it, it really could revolutionize the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast