Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Torque     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ancient Torque

wiki says it drops from lambton worm, but its only hit AH on ONE server (levi). Pretty much all the melee jobs i'm gonna lvl are 75 already, so if i had the choice, i'd probably buy the ancient torque over a pcc, but i've been saving for a pcc and am now afraid like i'm gonna get owned on ah price if i buy one now that ancient torque was added.

Anyone have any input on ancient torque? Any guesses on why it hasn't seen any AH play yet? Any stories on how rare or common a drop it is? Any analysis by profesionaly economists that can tell me what effect ancient torque will have on pcc price? :D

(my guess is that its POSSIBLE that EVERY person thats gotten this drop on all the servers so far has just kept it. but usually ppl at least sell shit to themselves...)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

you can probably look through the Sandworm thread in advanced to see how rare of a drop it is, there's quite a few screenshots of people getting full drops.

but most linkshells are probably keeping them for ls members, selling it via bazaar, or already have negotiations with people to sell future drops to.

If you have been just "saving" to buy a P.Charm, you won't ever get an AT from the AH, I can see it been sold for 10M easily and it most likely go through Bazaars.

Besides drop rate isn't high either way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Some JP Taru named "USG" on Carbuncle sold his Ancient Torque for 10 mil in his basar. Ancient Torque price will go down a bit but I canot see it being below 5mil

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guessing that it's not hit AH yet because most HNM LSes would probably rather keep it themselves than sell. To my knowledge Lambtom Worm has died on Asura twice, the first LS to have killed it got the Torque and kept it. Or at least it's not been seen in bazaars or on AH yet. It's going to be pretty rare either way, Lambtom Worm can pop every few days and looking at drop pictures posted so far they're pretty random. Don't forget either that a lot of Lambton Worms have been lost and will continue to be lost because of a) LS fighting Sandworm isn't prepared for Lambton and wipe or b) you get fucked by the doomvoid glitch and your tanks or healers or other key players get left outside and even an experienced LS will fail.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Torque seems to be pretty rare and moreso pretty expensive. I doubt it will have any effect on PCC price for a long long time.

PCC+1 that you cant wear until 71, I wouldnt pay more than 5 mil for it on a good day. However I would be suprised to see it less than 5 anytime in the next year.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I wouldn't pay 5m+, but if I was a THF, WAR, or NIN I sure as hell wouldn't sell it either.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Ok so pretty rare due to conditions and drop rate, by stats its worth the same or less than pcc, but i gather it won't be widely available for quite some time.

The reason i asked this is cause i bought spectacles right before chiv chain drove its price down to nothing (along with the recession) Didn't wanna see that happen again. but oh well, thanks for the input.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

My LS has killed the Lambton worm 4 times now, and all 4 times the torque has dropped, so I don't think the droprate is that terrible. That said, since it only pops once every several days, the item probably won't ever be common... but I do suspect after a few months they'll start turning up for sale once shells have outfitted their members.

As for the torque itself, I'm one of the lucky people from my LS to have one, and I love it. More acc than PCC (more pronounced with 2-handed weapons), and the +4 DEX is nice for breaking crit tiers. It can never really replace PCC though due to the high level requirement and lack of ranged acc, so I don't think PCC prices will be noticeably impacted, and if they are it won't be for months and months until Ancient Torques become reasonably buyable.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar View Post
    My LS has killed the Lambton worm 4 times now, and all 4 times the torque has dropped, so I don't think the droprate is that terrible. That said, since it only pops once every several days, the item probably won't ever be common... but I do suspect after a few months they'll start turning up for sale once shells have outfitted their members.

As for the torque itself, I'm one of the lucky people from my LS to have one, and I love it. More acc than PCC (more pronounced with 2-handed weapons), and the +4 DEX is nice for breaking crit tiers. It can never really replace PCC though due to the high level requirement and lack of ranged acc, so I don't think PCC prices will be noticeably impacted, and if they are it won't be for months and months until Ancient Torques become reasonably buyable.
    Your LS is lucky, we still haven't seen one with several kills.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Torques bazaar for 10-20M as it's the best item from all of the WoTG loot pools (short of potentially the Hermes boots and disregarding the Velocious Belt for obvious reasons).

And what are you talking about "the same or less than PCC". <_> This thing is bar none the best TP neckpiece for pretty much any job, except maybe a relic two-hander.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    Torques bazaar for 10-20M as it's the best item from all of the WoTG loot pools (short of potentially the Hermes boots and disregarding the Velocious Belt for obvious reasons).

And what are you talking about "the same or less than PCC". <_> This thing is bar none the best TP neckpiece for pretty much any job, except maybe a relic two-hander.
    Or faith/love/justice torque...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

"The same or less than pcc" was a comment about gil value because pcc is only 1 less acc for 1 handers and 2 less acc for 2 handers, but you can use it 40 levels earlier. Given the same availability, an item that can be equipped earlier is almost always more expensive. The things that will make its price different are drop rate and demand. When prices settle down, how much do you expect the average person to spend to upgrade from pcc to ancient? keeping in mind they may have other melee or ranged jobs to lvl.

thanks again for all the info

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I dont see PCC droping much, it's still a very solid TP piece and the best tp piece to level from 34 to 74. Also it have 10 range acc so it can be usefull for a lots of job.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

A year from now, I see Ancient Torque at about 5M. My reasoning for that is a Toreador's Ring is 3M and it's about the same level of upgrade from Sniper's and much more are available.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Also I dont know why you would think own if the price drop ? You dont buy stuff to re-sell them later right ?

So if you can use PCC on your job and it's usefull to you you wont ever get owned.

I have trouble understanding this kind of thinking.

But PCC wont drop drastically for at least 1 year unless all the economy drop.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Samot View Post
    "The same or less than pcc" was a comment about gil value because pcc is only 1 less acc for 1 handers and 2 less acc for 2 handers, but you can use it 40 levels earlier. Given the same availability, an item that can be equipped earlier is almost always more expensive. The things that will make its price different are drop rate and demand. When prices settle down, how much do you expect the average person to spend to upgrade from pcc to ancient? keeping in mind they may have other melee or ranged jobs to lvl.

thanks again for all the info
    Ancient torque is a pretty small upgrade, I passed on that for a Black tathlam and Fraglerach. Not saying that I don't want it but it just isn't a priority cause I have PCC. And there are better neck pieces if you are DRK, DRG, THF, MNK, SAM, GA WAR, BLU, PUP.

For NIN, it might be good if you are going for a DEX build or if you don't have 8/8 katana. This torque is probably the best for Ridill wars besides that I don't see any job actually needing it since 2 hand jobs already can reach 92% ACC with sea torques.

Save your money for a PCC, this is just another epeen item.

assburgers
    BG Level

I'd like one for a crit tier build, and I am a gaxe war, plus it's a huge wallop of acc in one spot. 12 Acc + another 4 Dex towards that 118 number makes me drool, maybe that's just me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Max™ View Post
    I'd like one for a crit tier build, and I am a gaxe war, plus it's a huge wallop of acc in one spot. 12 Acc + another 4 Dex towards that 118 number makes me drool, maybe that's just me.
    If the measurement of good is how well you do on bird camp, then yeah, it's good.