BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

All Worlds Maintenance (Jul. 21)

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all FINAL FANTASY XI worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Since the maintenance operations are expected to require an extended period of time to complete, we will be performing the maintenance by splitting it in to two sessions. The date and time for the second maintenance will be announced once these details become available.

Thank you for your patience.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

[Date & Time]
    Jul. 21, 2008 from 9:00 to 16:00 (PDT)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Maintenance Details]
    - System maintenance
    - Replacement of server equipment
    Ohh?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on all FINAL FANTASY XI worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XI will be unavailable.

Since the maintenance operations are expected to require an extended period of time to complete(no - that extra time will not be used to fix stuff), we will be performing the maintenance by splitting it in to two sessions, oh and don't get your hopes up. The date and time for the second maintenance will be announced once these details become available.

Thank you for your patience in dealing with a maintenance that doesn't address any game issues as usual.

* The World Transfer Service will be unavailable starting 30 minutes before the maintenance. Please wait until after the maintenance is completed before attempting to use this service.

[Date & Time]
    Jul. 21, 2008 from 9:00 to 16:00 (PDT)
    * Maintenance completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Services]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Maintenance Details]
    - System maintenance
    - Replacement of server equipment
    - No we will not be fixing campaign. Wont be ninja fixing it either.
    This sounds a bit better.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wow... the last time they replaced server eqp was 2+ years ago?

DAKPluto

I hope it fixes that damn POL-1130 error I've been getting a lot lately. Been reminding me of trying to log in to AoHELL 15 years ago...

Since the maintenance operations are expected to require an extended period of time to complete, we will be performing the maintenance by splitting it in to two sessions. The date and time for the second maintenance will be announced once these details become available.

FFS! 7 Hours isnt enough, there will be another!

Old Merits
    BG Level

Let's hope this makes the next version update run smoother. 7 hour+ patch downloads ftl.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Blah, I'm out all day and would've liked to come back home to unwind on that day ...

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post

FFS! 7 Hours isnt enough, there will be another!
    I'm hoping this means they are doing a MAJOR system overhaul for all servers. Get some good shit SE, don't skimp out on us.

(yeah right...)

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Stiker View Post
    I'm hoping this means they are doing a MAJOR system overhaul for all servers. Get some good shit SE, don't skimp out on us.

(yeah right...)
    +1

They're probably replacing an ethernet cable.

That, or they're making use of the "lottery" money

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Now if only they'd take the initiative and increase the bandwidth pipe-line as well. Screw the 56k users, I want to be resting the second I hit the heal key, not two seconds later on my highspeed connection right alongside them.

Anyways, good to hear they're replacing some stuff to make things run smoother, I'm also hoping for less POL-related errors.
    (or some things taking ages longer to load in than they should)

Woohoo, time to upgrade them Commodore 64s!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Left out: -In addition to not fixing campaign, Nyzul Isle weapons won't be finished either.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

looks like monday is server stress test day for bg forums

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm going with a Backbone Update for the servers.

I'll see YOU in Garliage Shitadel, without those R1000 spikes, post-modem capped to 850.

Skreeeet Wooooooooo wooooooooo Ooohhhhhhhhhh <- Corporate Modem Speed.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    +1

they're making use of the "lottery" money
    sounds about right

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Now if only they'd take the initiative and increase the bandwidth pipe-line as well. Screw the 56k users, I want to be resting the second I hit the heal key, not two seconds later on my highspeed connection right alongside them.

Anyways, good to hear they're replacing some stuff to make things run smoother, I'm also hoping for less POL-related errors.
    (or some things taking ages longer to load in than they should)
    you realize the reason it takes you ~2 seconds when you hit the heal key has nothing to do with how wide your pipe is and everything to do with latency and client-server trust times right?

all broadband would allow them to do is transfer more data (e.g.: push custom character models or the entire AH catalog at once) per packet. it won't make the packet round trip any faster.

*disclaimer: yes, broadband users tend to have better latency than dial up. no, this isn't true across the board. see: satellite

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well, I guess it would be high time for a good deal of us to go outdoors or forum lurk during those times. I am curious as to the time of the second maintenance though. About time that they replaced the servers again. I can not help but wonder how clogged trying to log in is going to be not quite immediately after the servers open, but about 3 to 5 minutes afterward when everyone tries to log in and stuff gets rather...congested.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Night out at the movies, yay! :D

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilia View Post
    Night out at the movies, yay! :D
    I wish it ran later so I had an excuse to play MGS4 instead of LS events that night, lol.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I wish it ran later so I had an excuse to play MGS4 instead of LS events that night, lol.
    Its SE, I'm sure this will get extended by a few hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast