Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dynamis LS Policy for assisting w/ Relic?

Hey guys. I'm just curious to see what kinds of policies people have in place. I'm gathering the last stage of currency (15 100bynes away from the OMG I HAVE 70 100pieces PLEASE LOAN THE REST mark).

Is anyone in a dynamis linkshell that helps with that last 30 100pieces?
    What are your policies around it?
    What level to you like your dynamis fund to be at before you commit to loaning that much currency to someone?
    What requirements do they have to meet before you will issue the loan?

I'm just curious. My linkshell currently has a policy against loaning the last chunk of currency, and I was seeing if other linkshells had policies that might make them feel better about it.

Like should I have the attestation and fragment before I even consider asking? Stuff like that I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahman View Post
    Like should I have the attestation and fragment before I even consider asking? Stuff like that I guess.
    Well you might start asking before you get them and see potential lenders and then go back to them when you are ready to do the trade (to get the relic).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

ask the ppl you know that are working on relic. but wait til you have your fragment and attestation. some ppl spend more money on getting those than their 10,000 piece.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As the people above me said, yea wait until you have your Frag and Attest. Then find maybe 3-6 lenders that will loan 5-10 100s. Lower risk on their part if they don't know you too well.

Quote Originally Posted by onigami View Post
    ask the ppl you know that are working on relic. but wait til you have your fragment and attestation. some ppl spend more money on getting those than their 10,000 piece.
    What? Who? And just what do they pay for them?

Not all dynamis groups have the numbers/skill to get fragments and attestations, so it's not unheard of for people to pay a superior LS to help them.

Banned.

BG Level

when was the last time you did dynamis? We killed my frag with 20, and attest with 24, both times it was major overkill. Aside from fellowship and their split runs i dont think any group on asura goes in with more than 30 these days

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

There's a few linkshells on our server where they will loan you the final 30 to finish your relic. There's also a healthy amount of inter-LS borrowing too, in case one LS is sponsoring a relic they'll borrow the coins they need if they don't have a particular type.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue View Post
    Not all dynamis groups have the numbers/skill to get fragments and attestations, so it's not unheard of for people to pay a superior LS to help them.
    Yep, one infamous Aegis that used to be on Ramuh had the #'s but apparently not the skill, and had to go to Olo's shell for their Fragment. It definitely happens. I'm not sure what amounts are generally considered for this(in this instance it was a currency exchange IIRC), but definitely not unheard of.

Keep in mind there's a billion 20-person Dynamis shells out there these days that can't do a lot past farming in Xarc.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Yep, one infamous Aegis that used to be on Ramuh had the #'s but apparently not the skill, and had to go to Olo's shell for their Fragment. It definitely happens. I'm not sure what amounts are generally considered for this(in this instance it was a currency exchange IIRC), but definitely not unheard of.

Keep in mind there's a billion 20-person Dynamis shells out there these days that can't do a lot past farming in Xarc.
    In terms of getting the fragment and attestation I'm not TOO worried. I think it will just take some time. My linkshell is certainly cabable of beating dynamis lord so I'm not terribly afraid of the rest of it.

EDIT: with good research on strategies of course

My real question was just around how people handled partial sponsorship of that last stage.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'm not sure because my shell doesn't have multiple relics, but generally I see shells pony up the amount that you get back after trading for the finished weapon, but not past that aside from some richer shells(I think EX does more but they aren't exactly typical in terms of a relic/members ratio, and not like I know since I'm not on Hades).

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Pretty sure most of the relic holders I know were able to borrow from friends who were also upgrading. It's not like it puts them out to let you borrow the currency for a few minutes, as long as you're in good standing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

There is no risk involved with this nowadays. Record the chat mode, time, and what you're agreeing to trade (and make sure it's a solid agreement in some form of chat). Then, if they try to stiff you, you call a GM and they get it back for you, no questions asked.

The OP sounds like he doesn't realize that it only takes a couple minutes to go get the 10,000 currency, trade the weapon and stuff, and get it back instantly. There is no wait period so you're not lending it for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post

Yes but I was referring to Onigami's post because the person spent more time on it than getting the 10,000 piece which is unheard of. That's like paying at least 50m gil for attestation & fragment.

For both of my relics I put up collateral (Speed Belt for my Aegis, then Novio for my Excalibur) and borrowed the entire sum from a person, the only LS policies I've ever heard of were the same, and what Wizerd said is true, make a bulletproof agreement in chat and record time/date/zone and if they don't return the coins simply GM them, they will be jailed and forced to give them up..it was added to the TOS at some point iirc

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Been a while since I was in a Dynamis shell, but IIRC if you had been a member with them for a bit and decided to work on a relic this is how they would do it. They would sponsor Stage 1 10%, Stage 2 20%, Stage 3 30%, Stage 4 40% and Stage 5 50% but would ask for the 30 Bills back when your stage 5 was done.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

A friend of mine recently finished a relic, and borrowed the last 30 from another ls that has some currency stockpiled. I loaned him 20mil for collateral against those 30 pieces. So, I think that having collateral is a good deal for borrowing the last 30 100 pieces. I see no reason that you shouldn't be able to borrow it from your ls, if the leaders trust you. Something you might try to do is find someone else upgrading a relic and see if they just won't let you borrow them. And idk what server you are on, but on Bismarck 30 bynes is like 15-17mil. Gl, and hope this helped.