BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why is it so hard to rank up?

Going from 2 wings to 3, I didn't need that much exp and such, however going from 3 to 4 has been a huuuuge haul. I'm at 4 days left before evaluation and nothing is making me go from "stay at rank" to "ranking up". I've probably done around 30-40k exp from campaign battles as well as a lot of various previously uncompleted higher ranked Campaign Ops (ie. Not streetsweeper 7 times in a row). I heard it gets hard to rank up the longer it takes but... why? That just seems retarded. I don't have the time to do a huge grind on one day, but rather I do little by little each day. Is there something else I'm missing?

I have no idea tbh
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Honestly, I found it no different than any other rank - of course when I'm doing it I'm more obsessive as you know. But, also, I barely did ops so idt that counts so much.

I was able to go all 4 wings in the normal 5 day window each time, no problem, and without going nuts. I also never bothered checking in between evals, and did a bit each day.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yes, I went from 2 wing rank to 3 wing rank without much work at all, and I did as soon as it was possible to rank up. However I got lazy and waited on this rank. I did do a good bit of campaign today (5k exp?) and I'm still at the same rank message. Where I was for the last few weeks doing campaign for every day.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I had no trouble doing it though, but I had earned over 10k AN and 7x OPs[I don't remember which though], and also I think I read somewhere that for each day past the first for evaluation it increase the amount of AN/EXP needed.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I got all the way to rank 2 wings medal and never did any opts. I'll see how it goes for me in 3 days. Although I campaign like no tommorow.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I shot through the ranks without ever once missing an evaluation or having my performance called into question. I was expecting some hefty requirements by the time i got into Wings, but i had no issues at all. I'd usually try and get between 5 and 6 thousand xp at the end of each night, which is usually only one or two battles, at least three days out of the five between my evaluations.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I can definately vouch for the more days that pass, the higher the rank up requirements become. During the last update period I lost my holyknight emblem 3 times from inattention, one time I managed to save it on the very last day before I lost my medal and it literally took me 35,000 xp total to save it. The last time I lost it, I did campaign all in one day the second my evaluation period became available again (25 days remaining) and it only took around 8k xp to rank up. Recently I went up to Wings medal #1 and it took around 10k to rank up, also done as soon as the evaluation period was ready.

Procrastination isn't your friend when it comes to ranking in Wings.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Was said already, but the amount of xp (or AN?) needed definitively increase every days you wait. You can rank up in a couple of hours after 5 days, but doing it at the end of the months is always a huge chore.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I noticed this too, in fact it's been kicking my ass every few medals (not just wings). I'm on wings 2 right now trying to get 3 and no matter what I do (tons and tons of xp and ops) I can't seem to get it to go past 'extremely displeased with your work' >.<

When trying to go from emblem to my first wings I actually ended up losing my emblem because it wouldn't rank up no matter how many campaigns I did. I thought the update might have borked it since I started evaluating before the update, and tried to finish right after it, but that's apparently not the case as evidenced by other's problems long afterward. However, I won my emblem back easily and it didn't take much effort at all.

So now I'm wondering what the cause of this impossible rank-up might be, since I don't think I did anything differently this time (or the last time I had trouble ranking up). I always get my new medal, then go crazy campaigning for the first few days after I get it until I can rank up again. Regardless of how much I did the first couple days after I got wings 2 my evaluation said displeased, and then I campaigned harder and it was still displeased, only a few days after my initial evaluation. Currently working on the third wave of campaigning to death, will see how it goes =(

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

the longer you wait the more exp you will need to rankup. I waited I neede once 20k+ campaign exp to rank up after 22 days passed

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Seems to make sense. Each day = +1,000xp towards needed total?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Yes, I went from 2 wing rank to 3 wing rank without much work at all, and I did as soon as it was possible to rank up. However I got lazy and waited on this rank. I did do a good bit of campaign today (5k exp?) and I'm still at the same rank message. Where I was for the last few weeks doing campaign for every day.
    That's why. The longer you wait between evaluations, the tougher it is to get promoted- because it looks at your efforts overall, not just X amount of exp = rank up.

In other words, you're gonna need to catch up if you wait the whole time vs. every 5 days.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

I waited until day 29 to rank up from wings 2, it took over 60k exp

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by terranova View Post
    Seems to make sense. Each day = +1,000xp towards needed total?
    Weeee! Casual content that is more time intensive than end-game content! (If you don't go into Dynamis every three days, you don't rank down and have to clear Dynamis - Beaucedine over again to enter Dynamis - Xarcabard.) Thanks Square!

You also can't log in the morning and do an hour of Dynamis - Beaucedine as you have coffee before work or school. Or swing by a few pulls of Dynamis - Beaucedine after Einherjar before your Salvage starts. Or take a break from your homework and log in for a little Dynamis - Beaucedine. I'd say you're overstating things; it's not hard to get that 5000 exp over the course of 5 days to rank up, and i don't even think it's even close to that much to maintain rank, after I hit Wings 4 I didn't campaign for 3 weeks, and then spent maybe 4-5 hours total over the last two days and was able to maintain my medal.

assburgers
    BG Level

You also can't stand around semi-afk and bot dyna xarc to maintain your access.

Course, you can't have some asshole like me come and fight Shadoweye on top of you to Firaga III you while you bot either...

I was surprised that I ranked to Integrity last night, didn't expect it to be that easy but I did lag a bit from Rank 1 > 2 so this one was much easier.

It's also worth noting that once you stop, you can pause as long as you like- and only end up down one rank that can be restored in a little work and 5 days. Then wait 30 days+ and do nothing if you like, rank down, 5 days play and repeat.

assburgers
    BG Level

Yeah, that's another nicety, I remember the bitching expecting that you'd lose all your ranks eventually.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I didnt work on my wings 2->3 untill past day 20 and I quickly got to 'keep rank' status but it took forever to get the rankup. Heck it seems just doing Ops and a few battles every week keeps your rank.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Do you have to have Sigil on to receive credit toward ranking up?