chomp chomp chomp
    this quest line is a fucking blast.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Ravenholdt

Any mage news? I heard warlocks got hit with some pretty rough nerfs though, lost cripple and SL being toned down alot but being bumped to an 11pointer wasn't too bad.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    Any mage news? I heard warlocks got hit with some pretty rough nerfs though, lost cripple and SL being toned down alot but being bumped to an 11pointer wasn't too bad.
    soul link or siphon life?

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    soul link or siphon life?
    Soul link.

Soul Link (Demonology) is now an 11-point talent (used to be a 31-point talent), but the 5% bonus damage from this talent has been removed. In addition, the damage absorbed by Soul Link is now 15%, down from 20%.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    There are still caster maces/swords in the game? It was speculated only daggers/staves would have spellpower because the paladin talents + spellpower weapon would make our threat really really good for AOE.
    just came across this as one of the first quest rewards. It would screw over holy paladins pretty bad if there was only spell power on daggers and staves.

A. Body
    BG Level

wtf when and why did they take away cripple?

E. Body
    BG Level

Thunderstorm is an incredible leveling talent. It's probably OP in PVP though, so it'll get nerfed.

/randompic

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/594...8172415sd7.jpg

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Is that just an image of him? Really didn't expect him to just be out in the open like that. >.>

Renegade Philosopher
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Korietsu View Post
    There is some speculation that mage changes in their current incarnation (particularly Winter's Grasp) would allow for ridiculously broken crit rates on bosses (over 50%, maybe as high as 70-80%) with something like up to 350% crit damage with the proper talents.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrius* View Post
    just came across this as one of the first quest rewards. It would screw over holy paladins pretty bad if there was only spell power on daggers and staves.
    This is true. I guess maybe they'll just remove the stamina from them all to hurt prot paladins from using them. Otherwise it's possible prot paladins don't take the 51-pt talent (since it's the only threat move that isn't based on spell damage afaik) and put the points elsewhere. The tree is so damn bloated atm, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Is that just an image of him? Really didn't expect him to just be out in the open like that. >.>
    You run across pretty much the entire deathknight wing from naxx and then some in the deathknight starting area. Mograine, Gothik, Noth, to name a few. They're trying to get you to see a lot more lore in progress even if you don't raid it seems.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Prot Paladins are getting the 30% Stamina -> Spellpower stat, which is probably just to simplify the process of making Plate tanking gear and Tank gear in general, though it does leave me wondering how they're going to manage the issue of their mana pools.

Despite blizzards incredible hatred of Paladins, I doubt they would be dumb enough to completely ignore spellpower for their weapons.

One thing I just realized this morning that's kind of cool is the stat boosts for people with gathering professions. Skinning gives you a crit rating boost, and Mining gives you a Stamina buff. Haven't seen anything for Herbalism though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah, I imagine mana is going to be a huge issue for me tanking now. I don't need int from my gear (and it's essentially wasted stats for me) currently, it's all about taking enough damage to keep my mana up, which is also why we do so well with AOE tanking, we get better with more mobs hitting us. However we need to be taking a good amount of damage to be able to keep tanking and so far we basically added 2-3 abilities to our tanking rotation with almost no additional mana resources.

Edit: Also doesn't Herbalism already offer some buffs like hp/s from Dreaming Glory currently?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Herbalism already provides stat buffs from certain nodes. Netherbloom gives random buffs, Dreaming Glory gives regen, etc. Fel Blossoms act like a very weak PW: S on a long cooldown. They're just bringing the other gathering professions up to par.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

I wonder when the beta invite I got from Blizzcon is going to be used for anything, I gave it away but I wonder if it'll be for this.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Yeah, I imagine mana is going to be a huge issue for me tanking now. I don't need int from my gear (and it's essentially wasted stats for me) currently, it's all about taking enough damage to keep my mana up, which is also why we do so well with AOE tanking, we get better with more mobs hitting us. However we need to be taking a good amount of damage to be able to keep tanking and so far we basically added 2-3 abilities to our tanking rotation with almost no additional mana resources.

Edit: Also doesn't Herbalism already offer some buffs like hp/s from Dreaming Glory currently?
    Maybe mana won't be so big a deal with all the mana recovery talents that are coming up in the tree now. Unless I looked at a fake talent tree, heh. There were too many things that looked too good to be true after all. Dunno if you have T6 already but I saw one talent that increases the return of spiritual attunement by 30% which could help solve a lot of mana problems.

That or tank like an effective health warrior I guess, stack stam when you're uncrushable rather than more avoidance so you're not overdoing it on avoidance.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Michaera View Post
    Maybe mana won't be so big a deal with all the mana recovery talents that are coming up in the tree now. Unless I looked at a fake talent tree, heh. There were too many things that looked too good to be true after all. Dunno if you have T6 already but I saw one talent that increases the return of spiritual attunement by 30% which could help solve a lot of mana problems.

That or tank like an effective health warrior I guess, stack stam when you're uncrushable rather than more avoidance so you're not overdoing it on avoidance.
    There is no improvement to spiritual attunement. We get -15% mana on AS/HS/ShoR usage from talents, then a 20% chance on a dodge/parry to reduce mana cost of AS/Consecration/Holy Wrath by 50% (which most paladins aren't going to be getting because the tree is so bloated). I only have 1 piece of t6, but I'll for sure have a few more t6 pieces before the expansion hits.

My current idea is to mostly gem/enchant for stamina. As it stands, SWP tanking paladins gem for some extra avoidance, but in WotLK Stamina is going to be a threat, effective health and mitigation (via ardent defender) stat for paladins, so it's probably worth attempting to boost stamina to druid levels (though we only have a chance to get close to druids in health if their gear is trash for stam lol)

And man, the rare stamina gem in WotLK is stam+24, I <3 that.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is http://www.war-tools.com/?p=vt&i=43636&link=yes fake then? Booo. Which new talent tree are you using? I only started looking today since I assumed there were a lot of "I wish my talent tree looked like this in WotLK!" floating around.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

http://www.mmo-champion.com/talent/?paladin

MMO-champion has all the talent trees (though I haven't found any for hunter pets, oh well) and I'm fairly certain they're the official currently-in-beta trees.

Ho Mamthra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow, ok, that's totally different. And kind of sucky. Whyfor did they change Anticipation?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 107 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast