Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Those DK videos are crazy, the blood one he just tears through shit like he's running someone through a lowbie instance, I'm forseeing a nerf, or at the very least their DPS might not be that buffed on raid mobs

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Ramor View Post
    Those DK videos are crazy, the blood one he just tears through shit like he's running someone through a lowbie instance, I'm forseeing a nerf, or at the very least their DPS might not be that buffed on raid mobs
    Or they don't really get much of a damage boost as they level and they were made overly powerful for the grind through the levels everyone has already grinded through. But maybe they're also doing this in Northrend, I haven't been watching the videos.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Shattered Hand

I'm 66 now and I'm starting to feel my gear fall behind. The gear you get is on the level of BWL or even AQ epics if that makes any sense, it'll be pretty mediocre by the time I get to 70. The AoE capability is very real when you're unholy, you really don't even need vendetta since you need to wait at least 30 sec between pulls in which time you can grab a quick eat, and unholy blight (51pt talent) can really help you up the number of mobs you can pull by doubling your AoE damage.

YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Are all races slated to be DK enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Norellicus View Post
    Are all races slated to be DK enabled?
    yes

Sandpaper Demon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snowman Emperor
    FFXIV Server
    Exodus
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike View Post
    Or they don't really get much of a damage boost as they level and they were made overly powerful for the grind through the levels everyone has already grinded through. But maybe they're also doing this in Northrend, I haven't been watching the videos.
    good point, I suppose I didn't really consider that, and the videos I've seen were all in EPL/Outlands, didn't see any Northrend action yet just the screenies so far

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

In regards to the earlier comment about spell power weapons + Paladin, a BoE mace showed up. No stamina so, obviously just meant for healing.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...reitem_045.jpg

A. Body
    BG Level

wow, big

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    In regards to the earlier comment about spell power weapons + Paladin, a BoE mace showed up. No stamina so, obviously just meant for healing.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...reitem_045.jpg
    Yeah I saw that. That may be the way they're going to do it, no stamina on spellpower weapons so that it's an even bigger mitigation gap to use a spellpower mace. However I imagine I'll still have one around for 5-mans and any Hyjal-like situation.

I'm worried about gear though, all the tanking gear I've seen has +str on it, and aside from our 51-pt talent and BV which determines our shield slam damage (of which str really has a small effect on) str does nothing. It won't effect consecration, seals, judgements or holy shield damage at all and I can't imagine they'll boost the two new abilities by enough to really be worth it. So paladin may have itemization issues yet again.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/07/21...sed-for-wrath/

oh snaps. Get blizzcon beta invites, gogo.

E. Body
    BG Level

Yeah I saw that. That may be the way they're going to do it, no stamina on spellpower weapons so that it's an even bigger mitigation gap to use a spellpower mace. However I imagine I'll still have one around for 5-mans and any Hyjal-like situation.

I'm worried about gear though, all the tanking gear I've seen has +str on it, and aside from our 51-pt talent and BV which determines our shield slam damage (of which str really has a small effect on) str does nothing. It won't effect consecration, seals, judgements or holy shield damage at all and I can't imagine they'll boost the two new abilities by enough to really be worth it. So paladin may have itemization issues yet again.
    If you're talking about quest greens, their itemization is disgusting, hopefully it gets fixed.

I'm worried for druid itemization too! Inc fixes 6 months after release.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    If you're talking about quest greens, their itemization is disgusting, hopefully it gets fixed.
    Nah, all the "tanking" blues have str, stam and defense/dodge/parry. I only want armor/stam/defense/dodge/parry. STR does little for me and is basically wasted points that only warriors and DK's will benefit from, thus putting paladins at somewhat of a disadvantage.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Are the instances really linear like TBC?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Nah, all the "tanking" blues have str, stam and defense/dodge/parry. I only want armor/stam/defense/dodge/parry. STR does little for me and is basically wasted points that only warriors and DK's will benefit from, thus putting paladins at somewhat of a disadvantage.
    This has been the case since forever. Resto shamans don't really want ilvl points spent on spirit, but they have no choice from the healing gear that drops from 60-70.

And this is probably the way it has to be, otherwise too much dungeon loot would rot to vendor or get sharded, which is poor dungeon loot design when leveling characters to the cap. I mean, rogues don't want dodge rating on their gear either, but lo and behold...there it is

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    This has been the case since forever. Resto shamans don't really want ilvl points spent on spirit, but they have no choice from the healing gear that drops from 60-70.

And this is probably the way it has to be, otherwise too much dungeon loot would rot to vendor or get sharded, which is poor dungeon loot design when leveling characters to the cap. I mean, rogues don't want dodge rating on their gear either, but lo and behold...there it is
    If it's just how they do loot pre-raids, that's fine. I can deal with it. As long as actual raiding tanking gear is itemized better.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Are the instances really linear like TBC?
    The supposed plan with 5 mans is to make all of them last around an hour or so. No more 3 hour crawls (or more depending on wipe rate) thru hell holes like Shadow Labs or Arc.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Shadow labs, sonic spear how I loathe you

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Shadow Labyrinth is fun, man.
    The part that isn't fun is Murmur's drop rate on the Spellstrike pattern.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Shadow Labyrinth is fun, man.
    The part that isn't fun is Murmur's drop rate on the Spellstrike pattern.
    Long instances like that... I could tell some horror stories on it ;/

I think the most common though is the tank not knowing to run out during sonic boom or "not seeing it" and just takes the full blast and dies horribly.

God I get to repeat it again on my shadow priest soon... where's my wotlk beta key.. SAVE ME BETA KEEYYYYy!!111

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast